Transcript 3/8/17 Sarah Short

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 3/8/17 Sarah Short

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Sarah Short
Las Vegas, Nev.

$500
A recent poll found that 81% of cat owners and 73% of dog owners let their pets do what?
A: Sleep with them in bed B: Cook their own meals
C: Take themselves to the vet D: Shop online
Answer
A: Sleep with them in bed
$1,000
B.B. King’s birthplace and Robert Johnson’s gravesite are just two of the markers visitors can stop at along the what?
A: North Dakota Polka Trail B: Washington Grunge Trail
C: Mississippi Blues Trail D: Ohio Boy Band Trail
Answer
C: Mississippi Blues Trail
$2,000
By definition, if a drink has been “carbonated,” what carbon-containing substance has been added to it?
A: Carbon dioxide B: Frozen carbonite
C: A carbon footprint D: Spaghetti carbonara
Answer
A: Carbon dioxide
Commercial break

Sarah’s +1 is her husband. They’ve been together 10 years and got married last May at a Vegas wedding chapel. Their family and friends don’t know yet. (Well, they do now.)

$3,000
When archaeologists found an ancient skeleton with a set of flawless teeth, they nicknamed it after what 48-year-old actress known for her flashy smile?
A: Christina Ricci B: Julia Roberts
C: Kristen Stewart D: Rooney Mara
Answer
B: Julia Roberts
$5,000
Claiming to have a larger circulation “than any other magazine in the world,” The Watchtower is a periodical published by what religious group?
A: Quakers B: Jehovah’s Witnesses
C: Sikhs D: Buddhists
Answer
B: Jehovah’s Witnesses
$7,000
Offering a median salary of $71,500, which of the following occupations is made up of more than 95% women?
A: Customer service representative B: Air traffic controller
C: Real estate agent D: Dental hygienist
ATA
A: 5% B: 3% C: 39% D: 53%
Answer
D: Dental hygienist
Commercial break

$10,000
Which of these words has NOT appeared in the title of a long-running daily show on NBC?
A: Today B: Tonight
C: Tomorrow D: Yesterday
Answer
D: Yesterday
$20,000
First featured on an NYPD Medal of Valor in 1877, what company’s design of an interlocking “N” and “Y” was later appropriated as the now-famous Yankees logo?
A: Tiffany & Co. B: Swarovski
C: Neiman Marcus D: Hermès
50/50
50/50 leaves Tiffany and Hermès.
Answer
A: Tiffany & Co.
$30,000
At a massive 374 miles in diameter, the Mars volcano Olympus Mons covers roughly the same area as what state?
A: Massachusetts B: Virginia
C: North Dakota D: Arizona
+1
Sarah and her husband agree that Massachusetts is smaller and Arizona is larger. They decide on Virginia.
Answer
D: Arizona
Sarah wins $5,000.
Commercial break

QotD
Which human body part is the hardest?
A: Finger nails B: Tooth enamel
C: Bone D: Hair
Answer
B: Tooth enamel

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 3/8/17 Sarah Short

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 pm

20K: figure only Tiffany goes that far back in NYC. Throw 50/50 at it anyway.

30K: Neither VA nor MA that wide (Mass is about 120 miles east to west).
Its between ND & AZ. Long time since I've driven across AZ. +1. May be ATA too. May actually be southwesterners in audience.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:03 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Sarah Short
Las Vegas, Nev.
Hey, a local!
$5,000
Claiming to have a larger circulation “than any other magazine in the world,” The Watchtower is a periodical published by what religious group?
A: Quakers B: Jehovah’s Witnesses
C: Sikhs D: Buddhists
Answer
B: Jehovah’s Witnesses
I gave a nickel for one of these when I was in my teens because I was curious. Made no sense to me then, probably wouldn't now.
$20,000
First featured on an NYPD Medal of Valor in 1877, what company’s design of an interlocking “N” and “Y” was later appropriated as the now-famous Yankees logo?
A: Tiffany & Co. B: Swarovski
C: Neiman Marcus D: Hermès
50/50
50/50 leaves Tiffany and Hermès.
Answer
A: Tiffany & Co.
50/50
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 am

Las Vegas, Nev.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$7,000
Offering a median salary of $71,500, which of the following occupations is made up of more than 95% women?
ATA
Answer
I wouldn't have thought dental hygienists made that much ($71,500 is the median, meaning half make more than that).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000
At a massive 374 miles in diameter, the Mars volcano Olympus Mons covers roughly the same area as what state?
+1
Sarah and her husband agree that Massachusetts is smaller and Arizona is larger. They decide on Virginia.
Answer
Sarah wins $5,000.
Hmmm...diameter 374 miles means area is 187*3.14 or about 600 square miles. I'm pretty sure none of these states has that size, so they must be asking about distance from border to border. That being the case, it has to be Arizona.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

andrewjackson

#5 Post by andrewjackson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 am

earendel wrote:
Las Vegas, Nev.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$7,000
ATA
Answer
I wouldn't have thought dental hygienists made that much ($71,500 is the median, meaning half make more than that).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000
+1
Answer
Sarah wins $5,000.
Hmmm...diameter 374 miles means area is 187*3.14 or about 600 square miles. I'm pretty sure none of these states has that size, so they must be asking about distance from border to border. That being the case, it has to be Arizona.
I think you are forgetting to square the radius.

A diameter of 374 gives an area of 109,858 square miles. Olympus Mons covers an area of about 120,000 square miles since it isn't exactly round.
Spoiler
Arizona is 113,990 square miles, much closer than North Dakota at 70,698 square miles.

Arizona is also 310 miles x 400 miles at the maximums which is pretty close to the 374 diameter on average. North Dakota is 335 miles wide but only 211 north-south.
No matter where you go, there you are.