Episode Air Date

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: Episode Air Date

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:51 am

kerryoakie wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Kerry, I was in the same boat when my episodes aired. I spoke with my PA, and she was kind enough to make sure I got a tape of my shows on the same day they aired. Not sure if they will still do that, but its certainly worth asking about. Best of luck (retroactively)!
Well, I'll just have to wait and see if I get the email about my air date any time soon. I have no evidence other than my woman's intuition that it's going to air during the last 2 weeks of March when I'm waaaay out of the country. They were really accommodating when I was in Japan around the time I was supposed to tape, so I would hope they would try to help a sister out. At this rate of radio silence from the WWTBAM people, I'm beginning to doubt that I even was on the show and it was just an elaborate Ambien-fueled jet lag dream.
lol - I remember that feeling! Getting the check was a nice "pinch me" moment. I really hope you can get this worked out! Looking forward to seeing your show(s).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

basketball_junkie

#27 Post by basketball_junkie » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Glad to hear Millionaire is continuing new episodes in mid-to-late March. They used to air repeats during March Madness.

henrix77

#28 Post by henrix77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
AndyO92 wrote:If you happen to be recording that week anyways Bob, it'd be immensely appreciated if you could get my episode as well. I don't have any way of capturing it at the moment (maybe I can upgrade after the check arrives).

Henrix77 is correct. I got an email around 4:30EST Monday, and had to reply letting them know I received it. Recognized his name on there didn't want to break any news on his behalf!
I can do both easily. I checked and the shows are still unprotected.

I'll create them in MP4 format which should work on any platform.
Bob, if the offer still stands, I'd be deeply appreciative. The dates are tomorrow and Friday. Thanks again! :)

Bob Juch

#29 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:07 pm

henrix77 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
AndyO92 wrote:If you happen to be recording that week anyways Bob, it'd be immensely appreciated if you could get my episode as well. I don't have any way of capturing it at the moment (maybe I can upgrade after the check arrives).

Henrix77 is correct. I got an email around 4:30EST Monday, and had to reply letting them know I received it. Recognized his name on there didn't want to break any news on his behalf!
I can do both easily. I checked and the shows are still unprotected.

I'll create them in MP4 format which should work on any platform.
Bob, if the offer still stands, I'd be deeply appreciative. The dates are tomorrow and Friday. Thanks again! :)
Yep, my TiVo is all warmed up. It's recording today's show right now.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#30 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:52 pm

I posted the transcripts for the first half of Friday's show. The end was preempted by a special news report.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#31 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

jarnon wrote:I posted the transcripts for the first half of Friday's show. The end was preempted by a special news report.
I'll post a link to the whole show this weekend when I'm done editing it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

AndyO92

#32 Post by AndyO92 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:I posted the transcripts for the first half of Friday's show. The end was preempted by a special news report.
Thanks again for doing this Bob. As jarnon said, Trump interrupted the Philly market's broadcast. There's another slot at 1:07AM that I hope to catch, but knowing you have a video is a huge huge relief.

jarnon

#33 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 pm

AndyO92 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Thanks again for doing this Bob. As jarnon said, Trump interrupted the Philly market's broadcast. There's another slot at 1:07AM that I hope to catch, but knowing you have a video is a huge huge relief.
Andrew, my whole episode in 2013 was preempted by an Obama news conference. I called the nice folks at 6ABC and they broadcast it the following day. If you ask them, they may show today's episode again in the second time slot, instead of a rerun of Second Chance Week.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#34 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:28 pm

triviawayne wrote:It'll be on youtube within a couple of weeks. Someone out there posts a week at a time. I don't know how they get away with it, I can't even post a few minutes of my episode of MSQ without it being taken down.
This week has been posted:

Now I can finish Andrew's transcript.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#35 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm

I struggled all afternoon to convert the last three day's shows from TiVo's format to MP4. My usual video converter blew up after doing 100% conversion and left the files unreadable. I tried three other free ones; none worked. I finally paid $100 for one that worked very well in converting but I then had to pass them through my usual converter to make MP4 format instead of MP2 with a codec that most computers wouldn't have.

So finally I'm able to upload them to my website but since they're around 2GB each it is taking a while.

I have a BBQ to go to but will create a page pointing to the videos tomorrow.

These are full HD format and look great on a TV. You'll be able to download them to keep.

henrix77

#36 Post by henrix77 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Ugh! I'm so sorry you've had those issues, particularly when just trying to help!

Bob Juch

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:09 am

henrix77 wrote:Ugh! I'm so sorry you've had those issues, particularly when just trying to help!
Not a big deal. I need to have working tools for other projects.

GoDaddy's FTP crapped out while I left it running when I went out. I'm now using WS-TFTP.

Bob Juch

#38 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Okay, I had more fun building a webpage pointing at the videos. Microsoft Expression Web has decided to crash when making a simple webpage.

So I used a tool to build a new website with just an ugly page that links to the videos:
http://robertjuch.godaddysites.com/

kerryoakie

#39 Post by kerryoakie » Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 am

Got the email last night and my episode will be airing May 30th!

Almost a full year after I had my audition... but better late than never!