Transcript 2/16/17 Uma Upamaka

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 2/16/17 Uma Upamaka

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Uma Upamaka
14-year-old
Saint Charles, Mo.

$500
According to Merriam-Webster.com, what South American animal is “the only common English word that begins with a double consonant?
A: Llama B: Panda
C: Ggiraffe D: Bbabboon
Answer
A: Llama
$1,000
Saying “it promotes independence, and it’s a good way to get around,” Washington, D.C. schools recently began teaching all their students how to do what?
A: Fly a hang glider B: Ride a bicycle
C: Surf D: Skydive
Answer
B: Ride a bicycle
$2,000
In Dr. Seuss’ Christmas classic, after bringing the Whos “all the food for the feast,” the Grinch - “he, himself,” carved the what?
A: Bologna B: Roast beast
C: Tofurkey D: Spam
Answer
B: Roast beast
$3,000
Before giving it the more formal name “penicillin,” what did scientist Alexander Fleming call the life-saving antibiotic he discovered?
A: Dirt soup B: Mold juice
C: Rust mustard D: Sand pâté
Answer
B: Mold juice
$5,000
The popular motorized scooters known as Hoverboards got their self-balancing powers from what type of device implanted next to each wheel?
A: Oscilloscope B: Gyroscope
C: Spectroscope D: Laparoscope
Answer
B: Gyroscope
Commercial break

$7,000
If you’re taking an overnight flight from New York to London and want to see the Aurora Borealis out your window, you’d specifically need to sit where?
A: At the front of the plane B: At the back of the plane
C: On the left side of the plane D: On the right side of the plane
Answer
C: On the left side of the plane
$10,000
In order to boast that their age is a prime number, a math-loving nonagenarian must be how old?
A: 91 B: 93
C: 97 D: 99

CTQ
Answer
C: 97
$10,000
Cooling the blood that flows through the area, elephants can reduce their body temperature by 10 degrees Fahrenheit or more simply by doing what?
A: Flapping their ears B: Stomping their feet
C: Swishing their tail D: Blinking their eyes
Answer
A: Flapping their ears
Commercial break

QotD
As a high school student, “Lethal Weapon” producer Joel Silver helped invent which of these games?
A: Ultimate Frisbee B: Twister
C: Pictionary D: Scattergories
Answer
A: Ultimate Frisbee
$20,000
Involving a disagreement over a national bank, the high-profile feud between what Founding Fathers has been described as “city versus country”?
A: Franklin and Adams B: Hamilton and Jefferson
C: Madison and Monroe D: Washington and Hancock
50/50
50/50 leaves B & D.
Answer
B: Hamilton and Jefferson
The horn
Uma will be back on Friday.

jarnon

Re: Transcript 2/16/17 Uma Upamaka

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500
According to Merriam-Webster.com, what South American animal is “the only common English word that begins with a double consonant?
A: Llama B: Panda
C: Ggiraffe D: Bbabboon
Answer
A: Llama
$1,000
Saying “it promotes independence, and it’s a good way to get around,” Washington, D.C. schools recently began teaching all their students how to do what?
A: Fly a hang glider B: Ride a bicycle
C: Surf D: Skydive
Answer
B: Ride a bicycle
The first two questions bring to mind two of the worst EPIC FAILS in the show's history. I wonder if that was intentional.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 pm

So far so good

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 pm

This will probably get me chewed out my Esto. Always a plus . . .

$3,000
Before giving it the more formal name “penicillin,” what did scientist Alexander Fleming call the life-saving antibiotic he discovered?

Spoiler

Every now and again, mold would show up on a loaf of bread, and Mom would say, "Eat it, it's good for you, it's penicillin." But she never actually made us eat it; she threw it out.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Uma Upamaka
14-year-old
Saint Charles, Mo.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10,000
In order to boast that their age is a prime number, a math-loving nonagenarian must be how old?
A: 91 B: 93
C: 97 D: 99

CTQ
Spoiler
C: 97
Both 93 and 99 are divisible by 3. 91 is divisible by 7.

Nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am

SportsFan68 wrote:This will probably get me chewed out my Esto. Always a plus . . .

$3,000

Spoiler

Every now and again, mold would show up on a loaf of bread, and Mom would say, "Eat it, it's good for you, it's penicillin." But she never actually made us eat it; she threw it out.
Huh? Why?

I might chew out your mom for throwing out partially good bread. My mom would just cut out the mold
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:This will probably get me chewed out by Esto. Always a plus . . .

$3,000

Spoiler

Huh? Why?

I might chew out your mom for throwing out partially good bread. My mom would just cut out the mold
Good grief. Because you did it! You chewed me out for answering threads that were days old.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:This will probably get me chewed out by Esto. Always a plus . . .

$3,000

Spoiler

Huh? Why?

Good grief. Because you did it! You chewed me out for answering threads that were days old.
I don't recall ever chewing you out for anything. When was this? Are you sure it was me?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx