We bombed Afghanistan now

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

We bombed Afghanistan now

#1 Post by christie1111 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 pm

What the hell is going on!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Bob Juch

Re: We bombed Afghanistan now

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:38 pm

christie1111 wrote:What the hell is going on!
When did we stop?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
When did we stop?
The difference is that we dropped the biggest conventional bomb we've ever used for the first time in actual combat conditions. It's got 20,000 pounds of explosives (the Tomahawk missiles last week had 1,000 pounds each). The MOAB (dubbed "mother of all bombs") hasn't been used before for fear of collateral damage to civilian populations. I've heard conflicting reports about the targets. The bomb was designed for use against tunnels. It explodes in the air, sending a blast wave down into the ground that's designed to collapse tunnels. However, it's not designed for use against hardened defenses like caves or bunkers. If the ISIS troops were in caves, it wouldn't have much effect, but it would probably destroy a tunnel system in the area where it dropped.

And, of course, the real purpose of this wasn't to level a few tunnels but to prove to the world once again what a macho guy Trump is.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

elwoodblues

#4 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

What is going on is that the boy from the It's A Good Life episode of the Twilight Zone is now the President.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
When did we stop?
The difference is that we dropped the biggest conventional bomb we've ever used for the first time in actual combat conditions. It's got 20,000 pounds of explosives (the Tomahawk missiles last week had 1,000 pounds each). The MOAB (dubbed "mother of all bombs") hasn't been used before for fear of collateral damage to civilian populations. I've heard conflicting reports about the targets. The bomb was designed for use against tunnels. It explodes in the air, sending a blast wave down into the ground that's designed to collapse tunnels. However, it's not designed for use against hardened defenses like caves or bunkers. If the ISIS troops were in caves, it wouldn't have much effect, but it would probably destroy a tunnel system in the area where it dropped.

And, of course, the real purpose of this wasn't to level a few tunnels but to prove to the world once again what a macho guy Trump is.
If Obama was still President, would you have said the same thing? Trump's reaction, when asked about it today, seems to indicate he knew nothing about it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Yep, Trump just confirmed he knew nothing. He said he gives his commanders "total authorization". :roll:

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Yep, Trump just confirmed he knew nothing. He said he gives his commanders "total authorization". :roll:
Note this is the guy who said he's smarter than "the generals". :lol:

Pastor Fireball

#8 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 am

According to CNN John King's latest touch-screen graphic, the missiles in Syria and the bombs in Afghanistan have caused 97% of the mainstream media to ejaculate.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
According to CNN John King's latest touch-screen graphic, the missiles in Syria and the bombs in Afghanistan have caused 97% of the mainstream media to ejaculate.
Even the women? Wow! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Pastor Fireball wrote:
Even the women? Wow! --Bob
Women do, you know.