Actual paid protesters found in Arizona

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Actual paid protesters found in Arizona

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

According to The Arizona Republic, the Republican Party of Arizona sent an email soliciting attendance at a town hall event for Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), and offering to reimburse attendees to the tune of $25:
The email noted that to attend the event required joining the coffee club and paying $25. “If someone does have to pay, the Party is willing to reimburse the expense,” the email stated.

Kory Langhofer, attorney for the state Republican Party, said if people are reimbursed the $25 entry fee, the party will “make sure it’s fully disclosed and reported correctly. As long as the transaction is disclosed and transparent, it’s perfectly acceptable,” he said.
Such reimbursements may well be “acceptable” as a matter of law, but for a party that accuses others of paying for resistance, it is hypocritical in the extreme.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/pol ... 100683704/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Actual paid protesters found in Arizona

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am

Bob Juch wrote:Such reimbursements may well be “acceptable” as a matter of law, but for a party that accuses others of paying for resistance, it is hypocritical in the extreme.
Hypocrisy = Republican
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Other headlines from ShareBlue website, where BJ gets his #FAKE NEWS from:

Rev. Barber on Republican desperation: “They had to go all the way to Russia and get help just to win”
Maxine Waters slams “dangerous” Trump: “I don’t think that he deserves to be president”
Jeff Sessions’ racist attack on a Hawaiian judge in “an island in the Pacific” backfires
Dem leading Trump-Russia investigation warns: “The idea of America is at risk with this presidency”
Jon Ossoff’s GOP opponent Karen Handel supported disenfranchisement of Black voters in Georgia
Holocaust survivor’s son pleads with Sen. Feinstein: “We cannot work with these fascists in the White House”
Dictatorship expert warns: “Trump has been obsessed with nuclear weapons since 1984”
Former senior Obama official on Trump’s first 100 days: “This is a pig.”
Dem congressman: Trump’s “bomb them all to hell” doctrine likely to backfire

That should cover BJ for a couple days.
The sad thing is that the whole main stream media sounds like this, too.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The sad thing is that the whole main stream media sounds like this, too.
I'm sure we'd all like to know just which of these stories aren't true.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Other headlines from ShareBlue website, where BJ gets his #FAKE NEWS from:

Rev. Barber on Republican desperation: “They had to go all the way to Russia and get help just to win”
Maxine Waters slams “dangerous” Trump: “I don’t think that he deserves to be president”
Jeff Sessions’ racist attack on a Hawaiian judge in “an island in the Pacific” backfires
Dem leading Trump-Russia investigation warns: “The idea of America is at risk with this presidency”
Jon Ossoff’s GOP opponent Karen Handel supported disenfranchisement of Black voters in Georgia
Holocaust survivor’s son pleads with Sen. Feinstein: “We cannot work with these fascists in the White House”
Dictatorship expert warns: “Trump has been obsessed with nuclear weapons since 1984”

It looks like you cherry-picked the headlines. Which are fake?
Sally Yates defies White House attempts to silence her — will publicly testify on Trump’s Russia ties

Concerned constituent confronts congressman at town hall for calling her “crazy” in rude texts

Momentum: New poll shows Dem enthusiasm seen in Georgia and Kansas is a “national phenomenon”

Sen. Cory Booker tried to warn us about the damage Betsy DeVos could do to students’ civil rights

Trump breaks promise to crack down on Russian cybersecurity threats

Trump has the lowest first quarter approval of any president. Ever.

GOP tries to avoid 100 Day do-nothing disaster by ramming through Obamacare repeal

Henry Kissinger damns Jared Kushner with faint praise in Time 100

Republican congressman accuses constituents of supporting “what Syria did to their own children”

Now Trump wants New Jersey taxpayers to foot the bill for advertising his golf resort

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:46 pm

OK, here are some headlines from Breitbart, which the left castigates. Which aren't true?

After Billionaire Yacht Party, Obama Announces Community Organizing Speech
EXCLUSIVE – ‘Separation of Church and State!’: Leftist Activists Disrupt Michigan Town Hall
7 Mexican Leaders with Ties to Drug Cartels
Armstrong and Green: What Does the March for Science Mean by ‘Science’?
‘Icon’ Colin Kaepernick Named to ‘Time’ 100 Most Influential People List
‘Shattered’ Revelation: Clinton Campaign Hatched Russian Hacking Narrative 24 Hours After Hillary’s Loss
65 Test Positive for TB at Texas Border Senior Center
Obama Operatives Direct Town Hall Disruptions Nationwide
California Senate Leader: Trump Immigration Crackdown ‘Based on Principles of White Supremacy
Don’t Know Much About History: Politico Blames Trump for Berkeley Violence
MSNBC ‘Counter-Terrorism Analyst’ Calls for ISIS Bombing of Trump Property
Iran Arrests More Than 30 ‘Gay’ Men, Will Subject Them to ‘Sodomy Tests’
Leftist Magazine: CO2 ‘Far More Deadly’ than Assad Chemical Weapons to Syrian Children
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin: Persecution of Mideast Christians ‘A Stain on Humanity’

The main difference is nobody here posts these kinds of things every day to this board in feigned outrage.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Other headlines from ShareBlue website, where BJ gets his #FAKE NEWS from:
Share Blue is not a news agency; it's a left wing aggregator that gathers information from various sources. The article Bob Juch quoted came from The Arizona Republic, which is the daily newspaper in Phoenix.

So, what you're saying is that the Arizona Republic prints fake news. The other articles on Share Blue I looked at were sourced, either through links to mainstream media or to embedded videos.

Bob didn't link to Share Blue. He linked directly to the Arizona Republic article. You reacted like a five year old who hears something he doesn't like and covers his ears and starts screaming. The only difference between you is that you form the words "fake news" when you scream. It probably gives you some degree of pleasure to shut out unpleasant news with such a defense mechanism, but it doesn't advance the debate nor does it disprove anything Bob said here.

And what Breitbart may or may not have posted is beside the point. The question is whether Bob's story was accurate and none of your whining and ranting and pouting disputed that, let alone refuted it.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Share Blue is not a news agency; it's a left wing aggregator that gathers information from various sources. The article Bob Juch quoted came from The Arizona Republic, which is the daily newspaper in Phoenix.

So, what you're saying is that the Arizona Republic prints fake news. The other articles on Share Blue I looked at were sourced, either through links to mainstream media or to embedded videos.

Bob didn't link to Share Blue. He linked directly to the Arizona Republic article. You reacted like a five year old who hears something he doesn't like and covers his ears and starts screaming. The only difference between you is that you form the words "fake news" when you scream. It probably gives you some degree of pleasure to shut out unpleasant news with such a defense mechanism, but it doesn't advance the debate nor does it disprove anything Bob said here.

And what Breitbart may or may not have posted is beside the point. The question is whether Bob's story was accurate and none of your whining and ranting and pouting disputed that, let alone refuted it.
Cut out the dramatics, SSS. You decided the question was whether it was true or not. I don't care whether it's true or not. The point is why do we, day after day, have to read what BJ thinks is 'news'? For every one of his (or your) 'Republicans are evil' posts, I could post two 'Democrats are evil' posts if I wanted to. But I am not a useful idiot to right wing propaganda, as much as you think I am. You will never do any introspection, will you? You will just respond to any post I make with insults, and think that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a redneck hick who doesn't know what is good for them. Grow up.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Cut out the dramatics, SSS. You decided the question was whether it was true or not. I don't care whether it's true or not. The point is why do we, day after day, have to read what BJ thinks is 'news'? For every one of his (or your) 'Republicans are evil' posts, I could post two 'Democrats are evil' posts if I wanted to. But I am not a useful idiot to right wing propaganda, as much as you think I am. You will never do any introspection, will you? You will just respond to any post I make with insults, and think that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a redneck hick who doesn't know what is good for them. Grow up.
Please explain, in your own words, how private health insurance adds value to the system. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Cut out the dramatics, SSS. You decided the question was whether it was true or not. I don't care whether it's true or not. The point is why do we, day after day, have to read what BJ thinks is 'news'?
Well, the short answer is you don't have to. Go to the Jeopardy Board; you can spend all day there arguing over just how a particular contestant's daily double strategy was poorly selected. The longer answer is that, if you hadn't noticed, we don't get a whole lot of any kind of posts nowadays. Like it or not, Bob's threads and those like them (and Spock's as well, who I noticed you didn't single out for criticism), generate interest and comments. Gone are those halcyon days when we reveled in who did or did not get the call and who was or was not attending a particular audition. Sadly, gone too are a number of our livelier posters for various reasons. It's sad to go online in the middle of the afternoon and see that no one has posted anything since the night before.

Of course, there's a line between generating interest and bombarding the Bored, but, in all fairness, I don't think Bob or Spock cross that line. I don't have that many Facebook friends, but I get a lot more political posts every day there than I do here.

So, if Bob or Spock or you generate some interest with your posts, fine, all the better. I also enjoy hearing people's personal news, good or bad, and their comments on sports, films, TV, and books. I for one would much rather having to spend ten minutes catching up on what's happened on the Bored one day than ten seconds.

Jeemie

#11 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 am

So I notice you didn't address the actual story BobJ posted...
1979 City of Champions 2009

Jeemie

#12 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:37 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Cut out the dramatics, SSS. You decided the question was whether it was true or not. I don't care whether it's true or not. The point is why do we, day after day, have to read what BJ thinks is 'news'?
Well, the short answer is you don't have to. Go to the Jeopardy Board; you can spend all day there arguing over just how a particular contestant's daily double strategy was poorly selected. The longer answer is that, if you hadn't noticed, we don't get a whole lot of any kind of posts nowadays. Like it or not, Bob's threads and those like them (and Spock's as well, who I noticed you didn't single out for criticism), generate interest and comments. Gone are those halcyon days when we reveled in who did or did not get the call and who was or was not attending a particular audition. Sadly, gone too are a number of our livelier posters for various reasons. It's sad to go online in the middle of the afternoon and see that no one has posted anything since the night before.

Of course, there's a line between generating interest and bombarding the Bored, but, in all fairness, I don't think Bob or Spock cross that line. I don't have that many Facebook friends, but I get a lot more political posts every day there than I do here.

So, if Bob or Spock or you generate some interest with your posts, fine, all the better. I also enjoy hearing people's personal news, good or bad, and their comments on sports, films, TV, and books. I for one would much rather having to spend ten minutes catching up on what's happened on the Bored one day than ten seconds.
BobJ uses Facebook to bombard people with his inane memes.

Which is why I blocked him over there.

Jeemie

#13 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:OK, here are some headlines from Breitbart, which the left castigates. Which aren't true?

After Billionaire Yacht Party, Obama Announces Community Organizing Speech
EXCLUSIVE – ‘Separation of Church and State!’: Leftist Activists Disrupt Michigan Town Hall
7 Mexican Leaders with Ties to Drug Cartels
Armstrong and Green: What Does the March for Science Mean by ‘Science’?
‘Icon’ Colin Kaepernick Named to ‘Time’ 100 Most Influential People List
‘Shattered’ Revelation: Clinton Campaign Hatched Russian Hacking Narrative 24 Hours After Hillary’s Loss
65 Test Positive for TB at Texas Border Senior Center
Obama Operatives Direct Town Hall Disruptions Nationwide
California Senate Leader: Trump Immigration Crackdown ‘Based on Principles of White Supremacy
Don’t Know Much About History: Politico Blames Trump for Berkeley Violence
MSNBC ‘Counter-Terrorism Analyst’ Calls for ISIS Bombing of Trump Property
Iran Arrests More Than 30 ‘Gay’ Men, Will Subject Them to ‘Sodomy Tests’
Leftist Magazine: CO2 ‘Far More Deadly’ than Assad Chemical Weapons to Syrian Children
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin: Persecution of Mideast Christians ‘A Stain on Humanity’

The main difference is nobody here posts these kinds of things every day to this board in feigned outrage.
Have you missed Spock's posts, which are routinely about political news of the day from the point of view of the right?

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:04 am

Jeemie wrote: BobJ uses Facebook to bombard people with his inane memes.

My rules for Facebook and Twitter:

1) I don't make political or religious posts.

2) I don't unfollow people for making their own political or religious posts or for promoting their own businesses (that's what I do, directly or indirectly).

3) I do block and unfollow people whose only posts are inane clickbait tweets ("17 Selfies People Regret").

Jeemie

#15 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 am

Jeemie wrote: BobJ uses Facebook to bombard people with his inane memes.

My rules for Facebook and Twitter:

1) I don't make political or religious posts.

2) I don't unfollow people for making their own political or religious posts or for promoting their own businesses (that's what I do, directly or indirectly).

3) I do block and unfollow people whose only posts are inane clickbait tweets ("17 Selfies People Regret").
I'll have political and/or religious DISCUSSIONS. I don't mind those.

I mind the stupid picture memes.

That's for the stupid who don't wish to discuss.

Bob used to post those a lot.

flockofseagulls104

#16 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:33 am

You know, SSS, you're right. It's gotten to the point that the political posts are the main reason to come here anymore. God knows WWTBAM is of very low interest anymore. I can't even remember the last time I even watched 2 minutes of it.
So we should post more 'news' from the conservative point of view.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#17 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

You know, SSS, you're right. It's gotten to the point that the political posts are the main reason to come here anymore. God knows WWTBAM is of very low interest anymore. I can't even remember the last time I even watched 2 minutes of it.
So we should post more 'news' from the conservative point of view.
Please do that.

But first, bear in mind the correct answer to your question, "The point is why do we, day after day, have to read what BJ thinks is 'news'?"

It is, "Well, the short answer is you don't have to."
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller