Transcript 05/15/17 Bridget Barry

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/15/17 Bridget Barry

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Bridget Barry
Crown Heights, NY

$500 To combat chilly Bavarian temperatures, in the late 19th century the start of what famous German festival was moved a month earlier than its name implies?
A. Februpalooza
B. Oktoberfest
C. Märzbash
D. Dezembershindig

Spoiler
B. Oktoberfest

$1K Though you can recycle it, Americans toss an estimated 200 million gallons of used what into the trash each year?
A. Milk
B. Engine oil
C. Guacamole
D. Dom Pérignon

Spoiler
B. Engine oil

$2K Which of the following is the name of a supporting character from “The Dukes of Hazzard,” and NOT a famous jazz musician?
A. Miles Davis
B. Thelonious Monk
C. Roscoe P. Coltrane
D. Count Basie

50/50

Spoiler
A. Miles Davis
C. Roscoe P. Coltrane

Spoiler
C. Roscoe P. Coltrane

commercial break

QOTD

Still unsolved today, the 1995 theft of the Davidoff-Morini Stradivarius involved a $3 million antique what?
A. Grandfather clock
B. Map
C. Chandelier
D. Violin

Spoiler
D. Violin

$3K With the slogan “Defending liberty, pursuing justice,” what well-known professional association counts thousands of lawyers as its members?
A. ABA
B. AMA
C. AHA
D. AAA

ATA

Spoiler
80% A. ABA
10% B. AMA
7% C. AHA
3% D. AAA

Spoiler
A. ABA

$5K What popular chain was started in 1965 by Fred DeLuca, a teenager hoping to raise money for college by selling healthy fast food?
A. Denny’s
B. Arby’s
C. Taco Bell
D. Subway

Spoiler
D. Subway

end of show noise

Bridget will return on tomorrow’s show.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 05/15/17 Bridget Barry

#2 Post by earendel » Tue May 16, 2017 7:07 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Bridget Barry
Crown Heights, NY
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K Which of the following is the name of a supporting character from “The Dukes of Hazzard,” and NOT a famous jazz musician?
A. Miles Davis
B. Thelonious Monk
C. Rosco P. Coltrane
D. Count Basie

50/50
Spoiler
A. Miles Davis
B. Rosco P. Coltrane

Spoiler
C. Rosco P. Coltrane
Bridget knew that Davis and Monk were jazz musicians and also that "Coltrane" was, but thought his first name was "Johnny". She should have gone with her thought.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 05/15/17 Bridget Barry

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Tue May 16, 2017 7:26 am

5K: I had a midnight meatball sandwich there recently because it was the only restaurant open in the rest area. Even the "grocery grab" store's microwave soup choices were weird; they told me chicken noodle didn't sell. Anyway; Subway healthy? Hah!

OK, technically it *was* healthy. And they did let me add healthy vegetal sides I wouldn't normally have added to a meatball sub. And I probably forewent my usual enquiry into "is there pork in those meatballs", which is a no-no for me, because I had no hope of an honest answer available at that hour. (For the record, Sbarro's meatballs are 1/2 pork.) Most of the other choices left at that hour were pork products; no chicken salad, no tuna.

Subway's meatballs just didn't taste very good.

But then neither do McDonald's hamburgers. If McD's wants to compete w/ better-burger places, they just have to make better burgers. I don't think "never frozen meat" is the key either. My mom made great burgers from defrosted beef. Key is cut of beef. Which supermarket won't tell me these days. I'd have to buy a cut & have them grind it.

Rant over. I think.