I Pity the Coast Guard Academy Cadets

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

I Pity the Coast Guard Academy Cadets

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm

What should be the proudest moment of their lives turns into a whinefest, courtesy of Donald Trump:
No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I guess this is part of their training in military discipline... having to stand at attention and listen to that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 101787946/

The Prez may not have realized this when he spoke, but he's just been treated even more unfairly, the Senate Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed the Comey tapes.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: I Pity the Coast Guard Academy Cadets

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:What should be the proudest moment of their lives turns into a whinefest, courtesy of Donald Trump:
No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I guess this is part of their training in military discipline... having to stand at attention and listen to that.

The Prez may not have realized this when he spoke, but he's just been treated even more unfairly, the Senate Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed the Comey tapes.
Judiciary? Not intelligence? I haven't yet found a report on this. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:What should be the proudest moment of their lives turns into a whinefest, courtesy of Donald Trump:

Judiciary? Not intelligence? I haven't yet found a report on this. --Bob
(CNN)Two Senate committees are seeking memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote related to whether President Donald Trump asked him to end an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

The Senate intelligence committee first requested from the FBI copies of his memos, said the panel's top Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner, as well as asking Comey to testify.

Warner would not say if Comey had accepted the committee's invitation -- sent Wednesday -- but said he was confident Comey will appear.

"I believe the American people will get a chance to hear from Director Comey shortly," Warner said.
Shortly after Warner's comments, the committee released a statement from him and chairman Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, reiterating their request for Comey to testify and to acting director Andrew McCabe to turn over documents "regarding any communications he may have had with senior White House and Department of Justice officials related to investigations into Russia's efforts."

Later, the Senate judiciary committee whose subcommittee is also investigating Russian meddling into the US election, requested that the FBI "provide all memos relating to former FBI Director Comey's interactions with his superiors in both the Trump and Obama administrations," according to a statement.
The committee also asked the White House to "provide records of interactions with former Director Comey, including any audio recordings," an apparent reference to Trump's suggestion that tapes might exist of his conversations with Comey.

On Tuesday, the House intelligence committee also formally requested similar documents from the FBI. That came hours after The New York Times reported on a memo authored by Comey that said Trump asked the then-FBI director end his investigation into Flynn.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

elwoodblues

#4 Post by elwoodblues » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

If you are making a graduation speech you are not supposed to make it about yourself, but that is all he knows how to do.

lilclyde54

#5 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 pm

What?
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Donny wrote:No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Idea stolen from Facebook. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Duh Mass
Merry Man

#7 Post by Duh Mass » Thu May 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Donny wrote:No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Idea stolen from Facebook. --Bob

What!? When was Morgan Freeman in jail?

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Duh Mass wrote: What!? When was Morgan Freeman in jail?
The same time as Tim Robbins.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com