Sportsball 5-19-17

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
elwoodblues

Sportsball 5-19-17

#1 Post by elwoodblues » Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

We have come to the end of this edition of Sportsball, and I thank everyone for playing.

This one is going to be a guessing game, and each answer will be worth five points. For each major pro sports league (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) name the team whose official Twitter account has the most followers and the team with the fewest (as of a few weeks ago when I looked them up). If you are not a Twitter user you should still be able to make an educated guess about most of these, and even if you are a Twitter user you will not know any of these for sure unless you have looked them up. I started having second thoughts about this game, but decided to go with it anyway. Please don't be mad at me.

MLB

Most:

Fewest:

NFL

Most:

Fewest:

NBA

Most:

Fewest:

NHL
(Do not include the Vegas Golden Knights, the expansion team that will begin play this fall.)

Most:

Fewest:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Sportsball 5-19-17

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Spoiler
[quote="elwoodblues"]We have come to the end of this edition of Sportsball, and I thank everyone for playing.

This one is going to be a guessing game, and each answer will be worth five points. For each major pro sports league (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) name the team whose official Twitter account has the most followers and the team with the fewest (as of a few weeks ago when I looked them up). If you are not a Twitter user you should still be able to make an educated guess about most of these, and even if you are a Twitter user you will not know any of these for sure unless you have looked them up. I started having second thoughts about this game, but decided to go with it anyway. Please don't be mad at me.

MLB

Most: Rockies

Fewest: Padres

NFL

Most: Broncos

Fewest: Raiders

NBA

Most: Nuggets

Fewest: Timberwolves

NHL
(Do not include the Vegas Golden Knights, the expansion team that will begin play this fall.)

Most: Avalanche

Fewest: Blues

[/quote]
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Fri May 19, 2017 5:16 am

Spoiler
MLB

Most: Cubs

Fewest: Brewers

NFL

Most: Patriots

Fewest: Jaguars

NBA

Most: Lakers

Fewest: Kings

NHL

Most: Rangers

Fewest: Blue Jackets

Great game. Thanks, elwood!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

ShamelessWeasel

#4 Post by ShamelessWeasel » Fri May 19, 2017 6:54 am

Spoiler
Thanks for the game

MLB
Most: Yankees
Fewest: Miami

NFL
Most: Dallas
Fewest: Jacksonville

NBA
Most: Golden State
Fewest: Charlotte

NHL
Most: Toronto
Fewest: Arizona

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 am

Spoiler
MLB

Fewest: Rays

NFL

Most: Rams

Fewest: Buccaneers

NBA

Most: Warriors

Fewest: Thunder

NHL

Most: Maple Leafs

Fewest: Stars

Thanks for a fun game Elwood.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

franktangredi

#6 Post by franktangredi » Fri May 19, 2017 7:09 am

I just hope all these teams still exist.

Spoiler
MLB

Fewest: Rockies

NFL

Most: Cowboys

Fewest: Bills

NBA

Fewest: Pacers

NHL

Most: Red Wings

Fewest: Islanders

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

Spoiler
We have come to the end of this edition of Sportsball, and I thank everyone for playing.

MLB

Fewest: Rays

NFL

Fewest: Jaguars

NBA

Most: Cavaliers

Fewest: Jazz

NHL

Fewest: Sabres

Thank you for these games! We need more people to step up and provide some temporary distractions like this from those "other threads"...
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 am

This should be fun. I look forward to seeing the actual answers.

Spoiler

MLB

Most:

NY Yankees

Fewest:

Several possibilities here. The attendance for the two Florida teams are usually pretty lousy, and a smaller market team that hasn't been very competitive (before the early going this season anyway) like the Brewers, or a crappy team like the A's might be it, but a little voice inside my head is saying Minnesota Twins, so I'll go with that.

NFL

Most:

Dallas Cowboys. Like the Yankees, they're a brand that has a fanbase all over the map.

Fewest:

It pains me to say it, but it's probably my beloved but bumbling Buffalo Bills.

NBA

Most:

Hmmm..do I go with front running fans or a classic but currently awful franchise? Oh let's take a shot at front runners and say the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Fewest:

Sacramento Kings

NHL

Most:

Montreal Canadiens

Fewest:

Columbus Blue Jackets

Thank you, Mr. Blues, for the fun and entertaining diversion these games provided.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

andrewjackson

#9 Post by andrewjackson » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 am

Spoiler
MLB

Most: Chicago Cubs

Fewest: Tampa Bay Rays

NFL

Most: New England Patriots

Fewest: Jacksonville Jaguars

NBA

Most: Cleveland Cavaliers

Fewest: New Orleans Pelicans

NHL

Most: Toronto Maple Leafs

Fewest: Carolina Hurricanes
No matter where you go, there you are.

Pastor Fireball

#10 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 am

Spoiler
MLB
Fewest: Mariners
NFL
Fewest: Bengals
NBA
Most: Warriors
Fewest: Sixers
NHL
Fewest: Oilers
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Spoiler
MLB

Fewest: A's

NFL

Fewest: Bills

NBA

Fewest: Kings

NHL

Most: Maple Leafs

Fewest: Sharks
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

kroxquo

#12 Post by kroxquo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank-you for the games.

Spoiler
MLB

Most: New York Yankees

Fewest: Toronto Blue Jays

NFL

Most: Dallas Cowboys

Fewest: Jacksonville Jaguars

NBA

Most: Golden State Warriors

Fewest: New Orleans Pelicans

NHL

Most: Boston Bruins

Fewest: Tampa Bay Lightning
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Spoiler
MLB

Fewest: Reds

NFL

Fewest: Jacksonville

NBA

Fewest: Denver

NHL

Most: Bruins

Fewest: Columbus
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

elwoodblues

#14 Post by elwoodblues » Mon May 22, 2017 5:55 am

elwoodblues wrote:We have come to the end of this edition of Sportsball, and I thank everyone for playing.

MLB

Most: NY Yankees 2.26M

Fewest: Miami Marlins 278K
Solo Home Run bonus for Weasel

NFL

Most: New England Patriots 3.34M

Fewest: Jacksonville Jaguars 450K

I might have guessed the Cowboys, but they were second with 2.9M

NBA

Most: LA Lakers 6.14M

Fewest: Utah Jazz 626K
Solo Home Run for LB.

NHL

Most: Chicago Blackhawks 2.17M (large fanbase plus recent success)

Fewest: Arizona Coyotes 287K
Another Solo Home Run for Weasel.

It occurred to me that the Montreal Canadiens might have accounts in English and in French, but they use one main account and usually send tweets in French and then in English.
So it appears that the Lakers have the most Twitter followers of any US pro sports team. But compare their 6.14M to, say, FC Barcelona (21.3M).

Sprots 1 (one point for loyalty to her state)
Vandal 15
Weasel 22
BiT 5
Frank 10
LB 21
TBone 5
AJ 10
Fireball 5
jarnon 15
kroxquo 10
Bob 15