Sean Spicer Plays the Hitler Card

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Sean Spicer Plays the Hitler Card

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:27 pm

From today's press conference:
You look. We didn't use chemical weapons in World War II. We … We had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons.
But, wait, wait, there's more. Asked to clarify that statement, Spicer went on:
I think when you come to sarin gas, there was no, he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way. that Assad is doing. There was not ... he brought them into the Holocaust center, I understand that. But I’m saying the way that Assad used them were he went into town and dropped them down to innocent … to the middle of town.
The capacity of Trump and his minions to shoot themselves in the foot is astounding.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

Re: Sean Spicer Plays the Hitler Card

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:From today's press conference:
You look. We didn't use chemical weapons in World War II. We … We had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons.
I think when you come to sarin gas, there was no, he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way. that Assad is doing. There was not ... he brought them into the Holocaust center, I understand that. But I’m saying the way that Assad used them were he went into town and dropped them down to innocent … to the middle of town.
The capacity of Trump and his minions to shoot themselves in the foot is astounding.
Hard to shoot yourself in the foot when its already in your mouth, but he successfully did it. Talent.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Jessica Burr wrote:United Airlines: "Boy, we really disgraced ourselves this week."
Sean Spicer: "Hold my beer..."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:20 pm

The Trump administration would be well served if they could hire someone who could think and communicate in complete and coherent sentences who could serve as an interpreter to the press. All written and verbal information that gets released to the public (including tweets) should go through this person.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Now, if anyone is interested in being real, what he meant to say was that things like mustard gas, which was used extensively in WWI, were not used (to my knowledge) on the battlefields of WWII. Hitler's use of chemical weapons was 'limited' to the concentration camps. That in no way excuses Spicer for his stupid analogy.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jaybee

#6 Post by jaybee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:The Trump administration would be well served if they could hire someone who could think and communicate in complete and coherent sentences who could serve as an interpreter to the press. All written and verbal information that gets released to the public (including tweets) should go through this person.

But then all the late-night talk shows would run out of material.
Jaybee

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm actually willing to cut Spicer a little slack here. I think when he made his initial statement he had in mind battlefield uses of the stuff. When his rather glaring omission was pointed out to him, he was extremely inarticulate, but I think that's what he was trying to say in his clarification. Certainly not the communication skills you want in your Press Secretary (or even one of his interns), but I don't think he was actually trying to deny the Holocaust, not even in code. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm actually willing to cut Spicer a little slack here. I think when he made his initial statement he had in mind battlefield uses of the stuff. When his rather glaring omission was pointed out to him, he was extremely inarticulate, but I think that's what he was trying to say in his clarification. Certainly not the communication skills you want in your Press Secretary (or even one of his interns), but I don't think he was actually trying to deny the Holocaust, not even in code. --Bob
Someone check for flying pigs. I think I just agreed with flock. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm actually willing to cut Spicer a little slack here. I think when he made his initial statement he had in mind battlefield uses of the stuff. When his rather glaring omission was pointed out to him, he was extremely inarticulate, but I think that's what he was trying to say in his clarification. Certainly not the communication skills you want in your Press Secretary (or even one of his interns), but I don't think he was actually trying to deny the Holocaust, not even in code. --Bob
A ray of hope that you are regaining a bit of sanity. A true member of the resistance would be proclaiming Spicer as an Anti-Semite using these statements. Look for it, it will be out there.

PS, I would be willing to bet that CNN and/or MSLSD will find some pundit who will say that.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Here we go!
"Donald Trump’s White House does not get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anti-Semitism. Steve Bannon made his name running a website that trafficked in anti-Semitism and racism. Seb Gorka has a history of working with anti-Semitic groups and individuals. And today, Sean Spicer made despicable, ignorant remarks about the Holocaust and Adolf Hitler. Enough is enough," Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.)
Of course, Nancy Pelosi is on board.
“While Jewish families across America celebrate Passover, the chief spokesman of this White House is downplaying the horror of the Holocaust,"
Nancy Pelosi offends me just by talking.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:37 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Here we go!
"Donald Trump’s White House does not get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anti-Semitism. Steve Bannon made his name running a website that trafficked in anti-Semitism and racism. Seb Gorka has a history of working with anti-Semitic groups and individuals. And today, Sean Spicer made despicable, ignorant remarks about the Holocaust and Adolf Hitler. Enough is enough," Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.)
“While Jewish families across America celebrate Passover, the chief spokesman of this White House is downplaying the horror of the Holocaust,"
The point they're making is, "How the hell do you manage to forget about the Holocaust? Particularly when talking about Hitler. On Passover."

Again, I don't think Spicer is actually a Holocaust denier (nor do any of these quotes suggest that he is). But every fact stated above by Representative Cicilline and Leader Pelosi is true. And I do think it's time for Spicer to lose his job. For incompetence. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
The point they're making is, "How the hell do you manage to forget about the Holocaust? Particularly when talking about Hitler. On Passover."

Again, I don't think Spicer is actually a Holocaust denier (nor do any of these quotes suggest that he is). But every fact stated above by Representative Cicilline and Leader Pelosi is true. And I do think it's time for Spicer to lose his job. For incompetence. --Bob
I don't know about Cicilline, but if making stupid statements is an offense requiring resignation, Nancy Pelosi would have been deported a long time ago.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I don't know about Cicilline, but if making stupid statements is an offense requiring resignation, Nancy Pelosi would have been deported a long time ago.
Awwww, you're just mad because she could get legislation passed and Ryan can't. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The point they're making is, "How the hell do you manage to forget about the Holocaust? Particularly when talking about Hitler. On Passover."

Awwww, you're just mad because she could get legislation passed and Ryan can't. --Bob
Well, if you really want to know, I think she and Harry Reid are very much responsible for the 2008 recession. I wouldn't be too proud of the legislation she passed.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm

And yet, they continue to dismantle without impediment the gains we've made in the environment, the economy, good grief, even humanism. H.J. Resolution 69 passed easily. It permits, in national wildlife refuges across Alaska, some of the most appalling hunting practices ever imagined: Denning of wolf pups, killing hibernating bears, spotting grizzly bears from aircraft and then shooting them after landing, and trapping grizzly bears and black bears with steel-jawed leghold traps and snares. Three groups supported this monstrosity -- hunting guides, Sarari Club International, and the NRA. These are extreme practices, beyond the pale of decency, and no true sportsmen would ever defend or participate in this conduct.

As far as I can tell, they've experienced only one setback -- the failure to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. I don't even know if that can be called a failure. Many people pointed out that it wasn't a repeal; it was more a desperate re-writing -- ACA Lite -- so conservatives wouldn't vote for it either.

Spicer won't be fired for incompetence, even though he is, as long as this trashing of environmental, immigration, economic, and other standards continues unabated. Trump continues to show that he cares only about the people who voted for him, no one and nothing else.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Spock

#16 Post by Spock » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:39 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
And yet, they continue to dismantle without impediment the gains we've made in the environment, the economy, good grief, even humanism. H.J. Resolution 69 passed easily. It permits, in national wildlife refuges across Alaska, some of the most appalling hunting practices ever imagined: Denning of wolf pups, killing hibernating bears, spotting grizzly bears from aircraft and then shooting them after landing, and trapping grizzly bears and black bears with steel-jawed leghold traps and snares. Three groups supported this monstrosity -- hunting guides, Sarari Club International, and the NRA. These are extreme practices, beyond the pale of decency, and no true sportsmen would ever defend or participate in this conduct.

As far as I can tell, they've experienced only one setback -- the failure to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. I don't even know if that can be called a failure. Many people pointed out that it wasn't a repeal; it was more a desperate re-writing -- ACA Lite -- so conservatives wouldn't vote for it either.

Spicer won't be fired for incompetence, even though he is, as long as this trashing of environmental, immigration, economic, and other standards continues unabated. Trump continues to show that he cares only about the people who voted for him, no one and nothing else.
Sounds like Sprots is jumping on the Trump Train (LOL). In the way that, she is seeing what some of his people see, while people have been focusing on Russia-etc-He has been implementing large parts of his agenda.

Actually, the Germans did use Gas in a battlefield setting, through no fault of their own. They did an air raid on Bari, Italy, in December, 1943. One of the allied ships that they hit had a cargo of mustard gas. As you might imagine-this was kept rather quiet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_on_Bari

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:51 am

Spock wrote:In the way that, she is seeing what some of his people see, while people have been focusing on Russia-etc-He has been implementing large parts of his agenda.
Somehow, I don't think that what those un- and underemployed factory workers in Michigan and Pennsylvania had in mind by "Make America Great Again" was to make it easier for airborne hunters to gun down bears.

You can expect Democrats to make it personal in 2018 and ask voters how Trump has made their lives any better.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#18 Post by Spock » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: H J Resolution 69.

My understanding is that it brings hunting laws and practices and so forth on federal lands in Alaska, back into line with state standards-as the state is the relevant authority in this country on game laws and so forth.

If the federal rule that HJ 69 repeals was so important, why didn't the Obama Admin do the rule earlier in their admin?

It appears that the rule only was issued in August, 2016. A rule issued at that late date in the admin, starts to look like mischief making.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/h98

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#19 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Spock wrote:Re: H J Resolution 69.

My understanding is that it brings hunting laws and practices and so forth on federal lands in Alaska, back into line with state standards-as the state is the relevant authority in this country on game laws and so forth.

If the federal rule that HJ 69 repeals was so important, why didn't the Obama Admin do the rule earlier in their admin?

It appears that the rule only was issued in August, 2016. A rule issued at that late date in the admin, starts to look like mischief making.

Federal laws are the arbiter with regard to federal lands, not the state. All y'all lawyers, I know I'm using arbiter wrong there. You know what I mean.

He waited because you can't do anything with regard to guns or hunting because the NRA shrieks to heaven and hell in opposition, and it would have been a battle distracting from a difficult agenda. Unlike Trump, who welcomes diversions, President Obama tried to focus and get things done. It wasn't mischief making. I admit it was long overdue, but he got it done.

Unlike the groups who pressed and succeeded in getting HJ 69 passed, all those big game shows SteelersFan watches stress the importance of Fair Chase: FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals. The thought of those millionaires shooting bears while they're hibernating! turns my stomach.

I actually wasn't thinking all that much about Trump when I wrote that. I was thinking about the miserable excuse for a legislator we have over here on the Western Slope, plus some of the Front Range from about Pueblo County south.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#20 Post by Estonut » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:51 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

Federal laws are the arbiter with regard to federal lands, not the state. All y'all lawyers, I know I'm using arbiter wrong there. You know what I mean.

He waited because you can't do anything with regard to guns or hunting because the NRA shrieks to heaven and hell in opposition, and it would have been a battle distracting from a difficult agenda. Unlike Trump, who welcomes diversions, President Obama tried to focus and get things done. It wasn't mischief making. I admit it was long overdue, but he got it done.

Unlike the groups who pressed and succeeded in getting HJ 69 passed, all those big game shows SteelersFan watches stress the importance of Fair Chase: FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals. The thought of those millionaires shooting bears while they're hibernating! turns my stomach.

I actually wasn't thinking all that much about Trump when I wrote that. I was thinking about the miserable excuse for a legislator we have over here on the Western Slope, plus some of the Front Range from about Pueblo County south.
I don't have a dog in this hunt :), but why doesn't "a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals," mean that the hunter has to be naked and unarmed?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Jeemie

#21 Post by Jeemie » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:47 am

Spock wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

Sounds like Sprots is jumping on the Trump Train (LOL). In the way that, she is seeing what some of his people see, while people have been focusing on Russia-etc-He has been implementing large parts of his agenda.

Actually, the Germans did use Gas in a battlefield setting, through no fault of their own. They did an air raid on Bari, Italy, in December, 1943. One of the allied ships that they hit had a cargo of mustard gas. As you might imagine-this was kept rather quiet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_on_Bari
There's convincing evidence the Germans used them against Russia. Not 100% convincing, but as vicious as the Eastern Front was, I don't doubt they did it.
1979 City of Champions 2009

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#22 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

I don't have a dog in this hunt :), but why doesn't "a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals," mean that the hunter has to be naked and unarmed?
Because bears, to use the most obvious example, are neither naked nor unarmed. This discussion could really devolve, and, as Esto has pointed out, sometimes it's a couple days before I chime in. Let's just say that Ayla, we ain't.