Transcript 9/20/17b Daniel Bruton (danangel) (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/20/17b Daniel Bruton (danangel) (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:53 pm

(shown in the first slot on 1/3/18)

Daniel Bruton (BB danangel)
Las Vegas, Nev.

$30,000
Seen at the Summer Olympics, Yamashita, Tsukahara, Luconi and Omelianchik are all styles of what?
A: Gymnastics vaults B: Archery arrows
C: Table tennis grips D: Wrestling holds

Spoiler
50/50 leaves gymnastics vaults and table tennis grips.
Daniel goes with table tennis grips.

Spoiler
A: Gymnastics vaults
Daniel wins $5,000.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 9/20/17b Daniel Bruton (danangel) (carryover)

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 pm

30K: 50/50. Providing it leaves same distractor, I'd have gone w/ vaults as I think gymnastics is more international than table tennis. So would have moves from more countries.

danangel

#3 Post by danangel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Spoiler
I thought about my answer for what felt like forever up there and should have gone with my gut or actually walked but yeah, I know I goofed! Sports are just not my forte. Of course, I wish I had walked w/ 20K but playing the game was just so bonkers and I guess I choked. I gave it my all, though. Spilled milk, as they say... I know I shouldn't have gambled, but I got completely caught up in the moment.

In retrospect, I played the how I said I would and "went for it" but I definitely should have trusted my gut more the whole way and wish I'd saved my ATA for this question. It was a pretty intense moment in my life. But I got to wear my dad's bow tie though and since he passed away a year ago this week, I'm glad that a piece of him was up there with me.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be part of the show and everyone at millionaire was awesome! And thanks for watching, everybody! It was a very surreal experience and much different up there than at home, where I would have been screaming the answers and saying "you idiot!" When I used my lifelines, but I didn't want to llama out. Felt like a deer in the headlights to be honest at the end! But I did my best and the 5K will help a lot and probably is much more than I deserved considering my pretty disastrous gameplay!

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 am

I know those of us few left who "play along" in public in this forum hold ourselves up to ridicule from some as armchair fakers, but I'm trying to figure out what I would do if I were up there.

And though my advice to myself is "if you don't know, just walk" I would have guessed on that one too. You can't advance if you don't guess at some point, unless of course you know every thing they throw at you.

So be glad you got so far.

(& maybe you'll score one of those 2nd-chance shows.)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:16 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Daniel Bruton (BB danangel)
Las Vegas, Nev.

$30,000
Seen at the Summer Olympics, Yamashita, Tsukahara, Luconi and Omelianchik are all styles of what?

Spoiler

Spoiler
Daniel wins $5,000.
I too would have gone with table tennis grips since they sound Asian to me except Luconi, and I believe that table tennis is dominated by Asians.

Good job, Dan.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Las Vegas, Nev.

$30,000

Spoiler

Spoiler
Daniel wins $5,000.
I too would have gone with table tennis grips since they sound Asian to me except Luconi, and I believe that table tennis is dominated by Asians.

Good job, Dan.
I've heard of Tsukahara vaults, so I knew this one (though if forced to guess about the spelling I'd have omitted the "t"). The name must have stuck with me from watching the occasional gymnastics competition. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Beating the proverbial dead horse here, but 2 names sound Japanese to me (& its China that's tops in table tennis), 1 Italian, 1 Russian-sphere. At least one of former-USSR members.

Agrajag

#8 Post by Agrajag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

danangel wrote:
Spoiler
I thought about my answer for what felt like forever up there and should have gone with my gut or actually walked but yeah, I know I goofed! Sports are just not my forte. Of course, I wish I had walked w/ 20K but playing the game was just so bonkers and I guess I choked. I gave it my all, though. Spilled milk, as they say... I know I shouldn't have gambled, but I got completely caught up in the moment.

In retrospect, I played the how I said I would and "went for it" but I definitely should have trusted my gut more the whole way and wish I'd saved my ATA for this question. It was a pretty intense moment in my life. But I got to wear my dad's bow tie though and since he passed away a year ago this week, I'm glad that a piece of him was up there with me.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be part of the show and everyone at millionaire was awesome! And thanks for watching, everybody! It was a very surreal experience and much different up there than at home, where I would have been screaming the answers and saying "you idiot!" When I used my lifelines, but I didn't want to llama out. Felt like a deer in the headlights to be honest at the end! But I did my best and the 5K will help a lot and probably is much more than I deserved considering my pretty disastrous gameplay!
I'm pretty new to the boards so I didn't know you as I was watching the show, but you were a lot of fun to watch & would have loved to see you move further! I was shocked when you answered
Spoiler
C after saying you were between A & D before the 50/50

I'm still under my non-disclosure so I can't say much, but I know that "deer in the headlights" feeling so I don't blame you at all. Hope you had fun in Vegas and do something more fun with the $5000!

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:46 am

Las Vegas, Nev.

$30,000
Spoiler

Spoiler
Daniel wins $5,000.
My first thought was the same as Dan's. I might have tried ATA first just to see what kind of percentages resulted; but I probably would have gone with "C" also.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 am

I watch Olympic gymnastics but vaults are my least favorite part so I can't say names stuck.

ghostjmf

#11 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Oksana Omalianchik was female Soviet gymnast.

Patricia Luconi, Italian.

Haruhiro Yamashita, Japanese, records imply male but I'm not playing video on tablet, as it eats up too many data pts.

Mitsou Tsukashara, male, Japanese.