Decades '17 - Day 4

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
I Love the 00s

Decades '17 - Day 4

#1 Post by I Love the 00s » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:17 am

Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

A reality TV series starring Duane Chapman went on hiatus after the show's star dropped the "n-word" on a recorded interview. This year also marked the 30th anniversary of a classic (and category-appropriate) Ted Nugent album.

Name the series. (3 points)

Name the album. (3 points)

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s
A prolific songwriter penned a theme song titled "Where You Lead (I Will Follow)" for a popular TV show that ran for seven seasons, mostly on the WB network. A few years later, a musical of her life premiered in San Francisco.

Name the songwriter. (3 points)

Name the TV show. (3 points)

Name the musical. (3 points)

COMING & GOING

The host of the long-running game show stepped down after 35 years. His replacement is still going strong.

Name the game show. (2 points)

Name the original host. (2 points)

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points)

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Since late 2007, a veteran character actor has done voice-overs for Coors beer, bringing his deep, rich voice and "western" appeal to the brand brewed in Colorado.

Starting in 2008, he has voiced Smokey Bear, and shares the mascot's birth date (August 9, 1944).

Name the actor. (2 points)

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points)

Total points: 26

earendel

Re: Decades '17 - Day 4

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:56 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS[/b]

A reality TV series starring Duane Chapman went on hiatus after the show's star dropped the "n-word" on a recorded interview. This year also marked the 30th anniversary of a classic (and category-appropriate) Ted Nugent album.

Name the series. (3 points) DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER
Name the album. (3 points) CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s
A prolific songwriter penned a theme song titled "Where You Lead (I Will Follow)" for a popular TV show that ran for seven seasons, mostly on the WB network. A few years later, a musical of her life premiered in San Francisco.

Name the songwriter. (3 points) CAROLE KING
Name the TV show. (3 points) GILMOUR GIRLS
Name the musical. (3 points) BEAUTIFUL (THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL)

COMING & GOING

The host of the long-running game show stepped down after 35 years. His replacement is still going strong.

Name the game show. (2 points) THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Name the original host. (2 points) BOB BARKER
Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) DREW CAREY

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Since late 2007, a veteran character actor has done voice-overs for Coors beer, bringing his deep, rich voice and "western" appeal to the brand brewed in Colorado.

Starting in 2008, he has voiced Smokey Bear, and shares the mascot's birth date (August 9, 1944).

Name the actor. (2 points) NO IDEA
Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) NO IDEA
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 am

Spoiler
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Dog the Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points)Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Wayne Newton

Name the TV show. (3 points) Nip and Tuck

Name the musical. (3 points)I Left My Original Nose in San Francisco

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)The Price is Right

Name the original host. (2 points)Bob Barker

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points)Sam Neill

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Mrs. Neil

Well, then

andrewjackson

#4 Post by andrewjackson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Dog, the Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Tapestry, the Musical?

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points)

It's Etta from Butch Cassidy but I can't remember her name. Nope
No matter where you go, there you are.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am

Spoiler
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

I've got no clue other than it's a she and San Francisco and she's old.
Joni Mitchell or Carol King.....hmmmm..... Joni probably had a more interesting life to base a musical on, but Carol had the better music (IMO). The theme song sounds more like a Carol King song so I'll go with her.

Carol King

Gossip Girls

Tapestry

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot

Mrs. Elliot

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) - Dog the Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points) - Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) - The Price is Right

Name the original host. (2 points) - Bob Barker

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) - Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) - Sam Elliott

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) - Cass Elliott
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

PanicinDetroit

#7 Post by PanicinDetroit » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:21 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) DOG, THE BOUNTY HUNTER

Name the album. (3 points) CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points)NOPE

Name the TV show. (3 points) GILMORE GIRLS?

Name the musical. (3 points)NOPE

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)THE PRICE IS RIGHT

Name the original host. (2 points) BOB BARKER

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) DREW CAREY

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) SAM ELIOTT

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) KATHERINE ROSS

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#8 Post by frogman042 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:43 am

Spoiler
[quote="I Love the 00s"]Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter (never thought it should have been that hard, they are usually in aisle 3 near the paper plates and the toilet paper).
Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carol King
Angel
Beautiful

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right
Bob Barker
Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot
Totie Fields
Total points: 26[/quote]

franktangredi

#9 Post by franktangredi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:52 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS[/b]

DOG, THE BOUNTY HUNTER

CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

CAROLE KING

BEAUTIFUL

COMING & GOING

THE PRICE IS RIGHT

BOB BARKER (although the original original host was Bill Cullen)

DREW CAREY

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 am

Spoiler
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog The Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever. And, appropriate to the category, he also recorded a song entitled "Dog Eat Dog".

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Beautiful. There's more to it than that, though. I think it's Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Or else Beautiful: The Music of Carole King.

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey. And be sure to always have your contestants spayed and neutered.

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katherine Ross

"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Catfish

#11 Post by Catfish » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am

Spoiler

Dog, the Bounty Hunter
Cat Scratch Fever

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
The Gilmore Girls
Beautiful

The Price Is Right
Bill Cullen
Drew Carey

Sam Elliott
Cybill Sheperd
Catfish

jarnon

#12 Post by jarnon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Spoiler
COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) The Price Is Right

Name the original host. (2 points) Bob Barker

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Estonut
Evil Genius

#13 Post by Estonut » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Spoiler
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog, The Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Ally McBeal

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katharine Ross

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

themanintheseersuckersuit

#14 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points) Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Carole King

Name the musical. (3 points)Tapestry

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) The Price is Right

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam"Lifeguard" Ellliot

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Kathryn Ross

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

mellytu74

#15 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017
I Love the 00s!

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Bounty Dog. Dog Bounty Hunter. Something like that.

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Beautiful

COMING & GOING

THe Price is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katherine Ross

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#16 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Spoiler
[quote="I Love the 00s"]Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)The Price is Right

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam Elliott

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Katherine Ross

Total points: 26[/quote]
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

elwoodblues

#17 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS[/b]

Name the series. (3 points) Dog The Bounty Hunter

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Reba McEntire

Name the TV show. (3 points) Reba

Name the musical. (3 points) Reba

COMING & GOING

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam Elliot

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Dog, the Bounty Hunter

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Wendy Williams

Name the TV show. (3 points) Gilmore Girls

COMING & GOING

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Woody Allen

--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

triviawayne

#19 Post by triviawayne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 am

Spoiler
Cats & Dogs

dog the bounty hunter
cat scratch fever

Words & Music

?
buffy the vampire slayer
kinky boots

coming & going
the price is right
orignal is bill cullen, but i think you're wanting bob barker
drew carey

slogans & spokesmen

sam elliot

bonus: ?

I Love Decades!

#20 Post by I Love Decades! » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 am

Decades - Day 4 - Answers/points
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter
Cat Scratch Fever.

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
Gilmore Girls

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right
Bob Barker
Drew Carey

This one had bad wording, so I accepted Bill Cullen for Q2. I should have said "Name the long-running host."

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott
Katharine Ross

melly ~~ 26 perfect!
tbone ~~ 26 perfect!
esto ~~ 26 perfect!

catfish ~~ 23
earendel ~~ 21
panic ~~ 20
AJ ~~ 20
frogman ~~ 20
suitguy ~~ 20
tangredi ~~ 18
BiT ~~ 17
Bob#s ~~ 15
elwood ~~ 14
triviawayne ~~ 14
lb ~~ 14
sprots ~~ 14
beebs ~~ 12
jarnon 6

Estonut
Evil Genius

#21 Post by Estonut » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:18 pm

I Love Decades! wrote:Points:

esto ~~ 26 perfect!
I didn't get 'em all. I took a (wrong) guess at which chick show had the Carole King song as a theme.
Groucho Marx

Vandal
Director of Promos

#22 Post by Vandal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Estonut wrote:
I Love Decades! wrote:Points:

esto ~~ 26 perfect!
I didn't get 'em all. I took a (wrong) guess at which chick show had the Carole King song as a theme.
Damn millennial Meister can't count!

I'll pass the info on to the official scorer.

Thanks.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:45 am

I Love Decades! wrote:WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
Gilmore Girls
I just saw "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical" at Costa Mesa's Segerstrom Hall last night. The music was great, of course, but the way they segued from songwriters to performers and how they changed the sets in front of our eyes was very well done, too.

I learned a few things:
• Gerry Goffin sometimes was a real asshole. The show treated him fairly kindly, despite that he betrayed her many times.
• I didn't realize quite how many songs Goffin/King wrote for other groups.
• I wasn't fully aware of the competition/friendship between Goffin/King and Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil.
• The best way to STUN a California audience is for the subject of the musical to make an appearance herself.

Yup, after the final curtain call, the cast remained onstage, many looking as if they didn't quite know why. Then, there was a murmur and some on stage right were waving someone out onto the stage. Some of the younger people in the ensemble started literally jumping up and down, like 5-year-olds at Christmas. Sure enough, a tiny, frizzy-haired woman bounded out onto the stage and jaws dropped. Carole herself was there, along with her older daughter, Louise. She talked a bit and thanked the cast, crew and us, the audience. She, Louise and the cast then did a reprise of "I Feel the Earth Move." I'm not sure how much of the cast may have known about this beforehand, but most looked as elated/stunned as we were.

Wow, just wow! Back when we planned this, we almost got tickets for tonight's performance. I am SO glad we switched to Saturday's!
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Estonut wrote:
I Love Decades! wrote:WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
Gilmore Girls
I just saw "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical" at Costa Mesa's Segerstrom Hall last night. The music was great, of course, but the way they segued from songwriters to performers and how they changed the sets in front of our eyes was very well done, too.

I learned a few things:
• Gerry Goffin sometimes was a real asshole. The show treated him fairly kindly, despite that he betrayed her many times.
• I didn't realize quite how many songs Goffin/King wrote for other groups.
• I wasn't fully aware of the competition/friendship between Goffin/King and Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil.
• The best way to STUN a California audience is for the subject of the musical to make an appearance herself.

Yup, after the final curtain call, the cast remained onstage, many looking as if they didn't quite know why. Then, there was a murmur and some on stage right were waving someone out onto the stage. Some of the younger people in the ensemble started literally jumping up and down, like 5-year-olds at Christmas. Sure enough, a tiny, frizzy-haired woman bounded out onto the stage and jaws dropped. Carole herself was there, along with her older daughter, Louise. She talked a bit and thanked the cast, crew and us, the audience. She, Louise and the cast then did a reprise of "I Feel the Earth Move." I'm not sure how much of the cast may have known about this beforehand, but most looked as elated/stunned as we were.

Wow, just wow! Back when we planned this, we almost got tickets for tonight's performance. I am SO glad we switched to Saturday's!
How totally cool.
I had Tapestry memorized back in the day while waiting on real life to happen.
Sounds like an amazing event.
Well, then