Transcript 11/2/17 Raj Dhuwalia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/2/17 Raj Dhuwalia

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA
Raj was the top American in a world trivia championship

$500
In mythology, which of these was NOT one of Hercules' twelve labors?
A: Slay the Nemean Lion B: Capture the Erymanthian Boar
C: Take the Golden Apples of the Hesperides D: Alphabetize Zeus' DVD collection

Spoiler
D: Alphabetize Zeus' DVD collection

$1,000
According to Parenting.com, audiobooks, origami, and letting them "spy on row 25 with...binoculars" are all good ways to get your child through what?
A: Puberty B: A long airplane flight
C: A haunted house D: Harvard Law School

Spoiler
B: A long airplane flight

$2,000
Though they led different kinds of teams, legendary lawman John Coffee and legendary MLB pitcher Nolan Ryan were both what?
A: Texas Rangers B: Miwaukee[sic] Brewers
C: Pittsburgh Pirates D: San Francisco Giants

Spoiler
A: Texas Rangers

Second commercial break

$3,000
Due to her frightening performance as an obsessed mistress in "Fatal Attraction," what actress says that men often tell her, "You saved my marriage"?
A: Sharon Stone B: Meryl Streep
C: Glenn Close D: Sally Field

Spoiler
C: Glenn Close

$5,000
To reflect the impact of human activity on the Earth, a group of scientists has proposed which of these names for the current geological epoch?
A: Pliocene B: Anthropocene
C: Miocene D: Eocene

Spoiler
B: Anthropocene

$7,000
Though some claim it's misogynistic, what rap song's lyrics actually reference an incident in which Jay-Z narrowly evaded a female dog from a K-9 unit?
A: Nuthin' But a G Thang B: In Da Club
C: Mama Said Knock You Out D: 99 Problems

Spoiler
D: 99 Problems

$10,000
Due largely to their ownership of oil rights, in the late 1800's what Oklahoma-based tribe was considered "the richest people per capita in the world"?
A: Sioux B: Osage
C: Iroquois D: Seminole

Raj is originally
Spoiler
from Florida and he knows the Seminole are Florida-based. Iroquois is mostly upper Midwest so it's down to Sioux and Osage

Spoiler
B: Osage

Third commercial break
QotD wrote: Constitution Day, which celebrates the historic 1787 signing of the U.S. Constitution, is celebrated in what month?
A: February B: July
C: September D: November

Spoiler
C: September
$20,000
In a standard set of billiard balls, what's the sum of all the numbers that appear on the striped balls?
A: 28 B: 56
C: 73 D: 84

Raj very quickly
Spoiler
states the striped balls are 9-15, 1-7 are solid, as is the black 8 ball. 9-15 average to 12, times 7 balls means 84

Spoiler
D: 84

The audience laughs and cheers at his speed. Raj says, if you want to ask me more math questions, please feel free.

$30,000
Marvel's first openly gay superhero, Northstar debuted in 1979, came out as gay in 1992, and got married 20 years later, while a member of which group?
A: The X-Men B: The Guardians of the Galaxy
C: The Avengers D: The Justice League

Raj knew his lack of comic book knowledge may come back to haunt him
Spoiler
Raj's +1 is his friend, Muffy, who is very knowledgeable in things pop culture. She shares her thoughts (she doesn't know this 100%). Guardians is the one with Chris Pratt, the green girl, the tree guy, the raccoon, and the big guy (Raj, "Yeah I think that's what they're called"). The Avengers are The Hulk, Iron Man, and the "big hits." She narrows it down to A & D and is leaning toward A because there are a lot of them and considers being a mutant is coded language for being gay in the comic book world. She admits she knows nothing about The Justice League (Raj says he thinks they're DC).

Spoiler
A: X-Men

The horn
Raj will return on Friday

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 11/2/17 Raj Dhuwalia

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:07 am

7K: ATA

10K: Book on Osage being killed for their $$ was out this summer.

20K: I know nothing about billiard scores. Let's pretend I recall 8-ball is solid. I might still call +1 on this for assurance those below 8 also solid.

30K: Justice League is DC comics. As a kid I hated the crudely drawn & mostly-stupid Marvel chars. Have seen 1st Spiderman movie, & read about X-Men, who at least sound interesting. Hope I remember promos for Guardian movies with animals in them. Though you could have a gay animal. Think I'd remember Avengers were the big-time chars I loathed as a kid. By the way, latest Thor movie has Hela/Hel as Loki's sister when according to Norse mythology she's his daughter.

My knowledge of actual Norse mythology instead of Marvel's could bite me, but not on this Q. Go for X-Men.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/2/17 Raj Dhuwalia

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA
Raj was the top American in a world trivia championship
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000
Marvel's first openly gay superhero, Northstar debuted in 1979, came out as gay in 1992, and got married 20 years later, while a member of which group?
A: The X-Men B: The Guardians of the Galaxy
C: The Avengers D: The Justice League

Raj knew his lack of comic book knowledge may come back to haunt him
Spoiler
Raj's +1 is his friend, Muffy, who is very knowledgeable in things pop culture. She shares her thoughts (she doesn't know this 100%). Guardians is the one with Chris Pratt, the green girl, the tree guy, the raccoon, and the big guy (Raj, "Yeah I think that's what they're called"). The Avengers are The Hulk, Iron Man, and the "big hits." She narrows it down to A & D and is leaning toward A because there are a lot of them and considers being a mutant is coded language for being gay in the comic book world. She admits she knows nothing about The Justice League (Raj says he thinks they're DC).

Spoiler
A: X-Men
Northstar was part of Alpha Flight, a Canadian superhero group.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."