An Intense Defensive Coach

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

An Intense Defensive Coach

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Been busy with harvest and a few other things. However, I got a kick out of a picture at the link below.

Our football team (West Central Area) has surprisingly made it to the state tournament. Littlest Spock is a 9th grader on the team. He has gotten in when we have been way behind and so forth.

http://www.echopress.com/sports/knights ... -champions

The 4th picture of 5 at the above link-click on the arrows on the picture-is of our very intense defensive coach. He has the bloody head. He likes to head butt players(not lightly) when he gets excited-They are wearing helmets and he isn't. He is very intense.

He is also the advanced math teacher at our school.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: An Intense Defensive Coach

#2 Post by Estonut » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Spock wrote:He is also the advanced math teacher at our school.
Not for long. Way to educate the kids about the dangers of CTE, coach! :roll:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 am

Estonut wrote:
Spock wrote:He is also the advanced math teacher at our school.
Not for long. Way to educate the kids about the dangers of CTE, coach! :roll:
Yeah, he does look a little dazed. Littlest Spock said he plays on a local semi-pro team that I never knew existed. Littlest said that he has had multiple concussions (Obviously).

Our (West Central Area's) victory over Pillager was a classic example of a team taking an opponent for granted and being taken out of their game plan right away and playing like deer in the headights as they were forced to play catch-up which they are not used to.

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 am

The Pillager vs West Central Area (WCA) game is a classic example of why I think Time of Possession is a vastly over-rated stat.

Pillager is a ball control, grind it out team and they dominated Time of Possession. WCA scored quick during their successful drives.

Little Spock, who I had talked about this earlier with, agreed that this game illustrated my point.

It had come up earlier, in the context of North Dakota State-a successful program with a ball-control , time of possession driven offense.

It is hard for ball control, time of possession offenses to play from behind.