Values voters and Roy Moore

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Values voters and Roy Moore

#126 Post by BackInTex » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am

Bob78164 wrote: If this was an isolated incident, I don't think he needs to step down.
At least he didn't brag about it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

themanintheseersuckersuit

#127 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 am

I completely missed this news report from August 2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ton-report

" 'I think you're nearly as pretty as your mama,' the senator said with that silky Southern charm that had gained him quite a reputation.

"By the middle of the meal, he mused, 'You're as pretty as your mama. She's real pretty and you're pretty too. Yes, you are. You're as pretty as your mama.'

"By the time dessert arrived, Thurmond was saying, 'I do believe you're prettier than your mama. Yes, you are, and if I was seventy years younger, I'd court you!' "
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

flockofseagulls104

#128 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Well, here we go!

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

So bob, does Franken deserve to be a US Senator? Are you disturbed by the people of Minnesota?

I'll say again what I believe. The people that put themselves up for election are not the best and brightest. They are people who are interested in power or are controlled by the people currently in power. The only thing we can do is limit the power we allow them to exercise. Because they are supposed to represent us, not rule us.
I'm not disturbed by the people of Minnesota, who didn't know about this when they voted for Franken.

If this was an isolated incident, I don't think he needs to step down. If not, I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

We'll await further developments but I seriously doubt I'll be supporting his re-election in 2020. --Bob
Where was Gloria Allred during Franken's campaign?
How much you want to bet that if there were cameras recording him backstage at SNL, we probably would have something pretty similar to the disturbing video that has your panties in a wad over trump. How much you want to bet that if there were cameras recording every off-the-record conversation made by every member of the congress, you'd find things much more disturbing than the trump video. By golly, you'd have to get another job to send money to all their opponents. But you wouldn't have enough time for another job, because you'd be knocking on millions of people's doors.

There seems to be compelling information indicating this whole thing might be a hit job on Moore. I'd like to see an analysis of the yearbook ink. If it is proven to be recent by an independent expert, the accuser and Gloria Allred need to be put in jail for a long time.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#129 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:There seems to be compelling information indicating this whole thing might be a hit job on Moore. I'd like to see an analysis of the yearbook ink. If it is proven to be recent by an independent expert, the accuser and Gloria Allred need to be put in jail for a long time.
Really? Back to denying that it happened? Back to denying the initial accounts of four women, none of whom knew each other and all of whom spoke on the record? Back to denying the corroborating evidence of 30 friends and family who heard them talk about the incidents contemporaneously. Back to saying that Moore didn't really mean it when he claimed that when he was in his 30s, he never dated a girl without her mother's permission?

I'm pretty sure that this "compelling evidence" is a complete figment of your imagination. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#130 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Al Franken wrote:The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing - and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine - is: I'm sorry.

I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us - including and especially men who respect women - have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it - women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#131 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:There seems to be compelling information indicating this whole thing might be a hit job on Moore. I'd like to see an analysis of the yearbook ink. If it is proven to be recent by an independent expert, the accuser and Gloria Allred need to be put in jail for a long time.
Really? Back to denying that it happened? Back to denying the initial accounts of four women, none of whom knew each other and all of whom spoke on the record? Back to denying the corroborating evidence of 30 friends and family who heard them talk about the incidents contemporaneously. Back to saying that Moore didn't really mean it when he claimed that when he was in his 30s, he never dated a girl without her mother's permission?

I'm pretty sure that this "compelling evidence" is a complete figment of your imagination. --Bob
If the yearbook entry is proven to be forged, what are you going to say then? If the accuser refuses to turn over the yearbook, what are you going to say then? Or did your news sources bother to report on Moore's response?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politics/ ... index.html
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#132 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Al Franken wrote:The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing - and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine - is: I'm sorry.

I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us - including and especially men who respect women - have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it - women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.
Ok, I'll give Franken the benefit of the doubt if bob gives trump the benefit of the doubt.

tlynn78

#133 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences
Well, a sincere apology, and after all, only one photo, so far. He def gets a pass. :roll:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#134 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

If the yearbook entry is proven to be forged, what are you going to say then? If the accuser refuses to turn over the yearbook, what are you going to say then? Or did your news sources bother to report on Moore's response?

Gee, Moore denied it. Well, I'm convinced. You've met your burden of demonstrating compelling evidence. I don't know how I could possibly have doubted him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#135 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I'll say again what I believe. The people that put themselves up for election are not the best and brightest. They are people who are interested in power or are controlled by the people currently in power. The only thing we can do is limit the power we allow them to exercise. Because they are supposed to represent us, not rule us.
I disagree - there are certainly individuals who fit your description, but not all (I would cite my own 3rd District representative, John Yarmuth, as proof). That said, someone running for office must be "interested in power" or they wouldn't run in the first place. I know you think that senators should be appointed by state legislatures (a point with which I disagree), but then what about the House of Representatives?

Seems to me that the conundrum is the same as with the Sorcerer's Stone in Harry Potter. As Dumbledore put it,:

"Only one who wanted to find the Stone - find it, but not use it - would be able to get it..."
That Moore committed the things he's accused of I don't question. That they are coming out at this time is more than coincidental.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#136 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences
Well, a sincere apology, and after all, only one photo, so far. He def gets a pass. :roll:
What we have seen with the predators like Weinstein, Spacey, and now Moore is a longstanding pattern of this type of behavior stretching over a period of years. And what's more, people in the business know about it, whether or not they said or did anything at the time. They know the "good guys" and they know the "bad guys" and they react differently depending on who gets accused.

In my view, the jury is still out on people like Franken, Jeremy Piven, and Dustin Hoffman who have been accused by one person. If they are indeed predators, people in the industry know about it and more accusers will come out. If it's a one-time slipup or a risqué joke that fell flat or a case of faulty memory or a flat out malicious false accusation, you won't see others going forward.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#137 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm

The compelling information seems to originate from Breitbart hit squads. Even your buddy Sean Hannity seems to have turned on Moore.

And since the number of accusers is now up in double digits and rising daily, all I can say is that if you're right, the women's prisons in Alabama are going to be very overcrowded.

flockofseagulls104

#138 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Really? Back to denying that it happened? Back to denying the initial accounts of four women, none of whom knew each other and all of whom spoke on the record? Back to denying the corroborating evidence of 30 friends and family who heard them talk about the incidents contemporaneously. Back to saying that Moore didn't really mean it when he claimed that when he was in his 30s, he never dated a girl without her mother's permission?

Gee, Moore denied it. Well, I'm convinced. You've met your burden of demonstrating compelling evidence. I don't know how I could possibly have doubted him. --Bob
My mistake linking to a CNN story. Of course, they don't give details that would conflict with their narrative.

Moore's lawyer wants to have an independant expert examine the yearbook inscription:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/1 ... _at_a.html

If the ink is recent, that would cast a doubt about all the accusations. If it is 40 years old, then that would bolster all the accuser's claims. It should be easy. Moore wants it to be examined. Allred is resisting, adding conditions. Since we are adjudicating this matter in the press, let's get it examined and have some actual facts.

flockofseagulls104

#139 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
What we have seen with the predators like Weinstein, Spacey, and now Moore is a longstanding pattern of this type of behavior stretching over a period of years. And what's more, people in the business know about it, whether or not they said or did anything at the time. They know the "good guys" and they know the "bad guys" and they react differently depending on who gets accused.

In my view, the jury is still out on people like Franken, Jeremy Piven, and Dustin Hoffman who have been accused by one person. If they are indeed predators, people in the industry know about it and more accusers will come out. If it's a one-time slipup or a risqué joke that fell flat or a case of faulty memory or a flat out malicious false accusation, you won't see others going forward.
So it's quantity? How many accusers did Clinton have? Was that enough? Maybe a couple more would have done it?

flockofseagulls104

#140 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

Franken now has 2.

Maybe BJ can be useful and keep a spreadsheet for us so we can keep up to date. Example:

SCUMBAG ACCUSERS APOLOGIZED GUILTY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moore 432 N Y
Franken 2 Y N
Weinstein 97 ? Y
Spacey 42 Y(Came out of Closet) Y
Schwartzenegger 9 ? ?
GW Bush 17 N ?
Hoffman 3 ? ?(Probably not, has a couple Academy Awards)
Clinton (B) 21 N(Trailer Trash) N
Cosby 43 N Y

flockofseagulls104

#141 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Please take this over, BJ. 30 Minutes later have to add to it

SCUMBAG ACCUSERS APOLOGIZED GUILTY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moore 432 N Y
Franken 2 Y N
Weinstein 97 ? Y
Spacey 42 Y(Came out of Closet) Y
Schwartzenegger 9 ? ?
GW Bush 17 N ?
Hoffman 3 ? ?(Probably not, has a couple Academy Awards)
Clinton (B) 21 N(Trailer Trash) N
Cosby 43 N Y
Stallone 1 N ?(No Oscars and moderately conservative, Probably guilty)

silverscreenselect

#142 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Franken now has 2.
I am unaware of a second accuser against Franken.

I am aware of how he has owned up to this (and will probably wind up resigning his seat; Minnesota has a Democratic governor in case he does) and lots of Democrats immediately condemned his actions, as opposed to how long it took some (but by no means all) Republicans to condemn Moore.

John McCain is one of the few Republicans with any degree of intestinal fortitude and integrity. He saw through Moore's crap immediately and said so in no uncertain terms. Unlike our weasel-in-chief.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#143 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Returning to whataboutism, are we?

The Senate Ethics Committee will investigate Franken. Given the nature and gravity of the allegations, that seems the appropriate step. (At a minimum, the picture published by the first accuser clearly demonstrates that Franken engaged in seriously inappropriate conduct.) I've read the second accuser's account, and her accusations are nowhere nearly as persuasive, but they should obviously be investigated as well -- if her account is accurate, then written records will exist and there will be people in a position to corroborate what she's saying. If the first incident turns out to be an isolated incident, I don't think it deserves expulsion.

Moore, on the other hand, isn't yet in the Senate. The voters of Alabama have the opportunity to see that it stays that way. Many Republican officeholders are now urging them to do just that, although I believe there are some holdouts, even on the national level. If Alabama sends him to the Senate anyway (and I've read at least one statement by an Alabama voter stating that Moore should be elected even if he's guilty, because that's better than having a Democrat in the Senate), then the Senate should promptly investigate the charges. I have no doubt of what the findings will be, and they will show that Moore does not deserve to sit in the United States Senate. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#144 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Melanie Morgan, co-founder of Media Equalizer. --Bob

Bob Juch

#145 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Melanie Morgan, co-founder of Media Equalizer. --Bob
Malwarebytes blocks that as a malicious website. Possibly their story is malicious too.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#146 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Returning to whataboutism, are we?

The Senate Ethics Committee will investigate Franken. Given the nature and gravity of the allegations, that seems the appropriate step. (At a minimum, the picture published by the first accuser clearly demonstrates that Franken engaged in seriously inappropriate conduct.) I've read the second accuser's account, and her accusations are nowhere nearly as persuasive, but they should obviously be investigated as well -- if her account is accurate, then written records will exist and there will be people in a position to corroborate what she's saying. If the first incident turns out to be an isolated incident, I don't think it deserves expulsion.

Moore, on the other hand, isn't yet in the Senate. The voters of Alabama have the opportunity to see that it stays that way. Many Republican officeholders are now urging them to do just that, although I believe there are some holdouts, even on the national level. If Alabama sends him to the Senate anyway (and I've read at least one statement by an Alabama voter stating that Moore should be elected even if he's guilty, because that's better than having a Democrat in the Senate), then the Senate should promptly investigate the charges. I have no doubt of what the findings will be, and they will show that Moore does not deserve to sit in the United States Senate. --Bob
You, on the other hand, have never abandoned your hypocrisy.

Bob Juch

#147 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Dan Latuff wrote:I wish people would stop bringing up the fact that the woman accusing Franken of kissing/touching her was a Playboy model. That isn't an excuse to make assault ok.

There is however problems with this story.

The gross kiss was written into the script of the sketch they were performing. She claimed she didn't want to do the kiss but never asked to have it written out of the sketch.

She said she did not come forward because she was afraid.

At this point in their respective careers she was arguably more powerful than he was, he was not in a position of power.

The photographer that took the photo and others that were there claim it was a staged photo.
she was playing dead and asked Franken to "revive"her. If course this can't be proven. What can be proven?

In the photo itself, his hands are not actually touching her but mimicking the action. (Not to mention the fact that she is also wearing a bulletproof vest.)

This is not comparable to Donald Trump or pedophile Roy Moore.

It's also worth noting that she approached Steve Bannon first with the story.

She is also a Trump supporter and doubts the women accusing Trump.

Franken himself apologized and called for the Congressional ethics investigation into himself to prove he is hiding nothing.

Take that info how you see fit.
It's also said she's worked for Hannity.

Bob Juch

#148 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Shelly Duarte wrote:REGARDING AL FRANKEN

As a childhood sexual abuse survivor, I always believe woman who say they have been sexually assulted.
One of my favorite people, who I had an honor to meet and talk with, is Gloria Allred. She is an amazing lawyer and fighter for woman's rights.

She also has been the Lawyer of many victims of Famous people.

As I read this morning about Al Franken, I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED.

No matter if they are Democrats or Republikkans, if you are a SEXUAL PREDATOR, you are DISCUSTING.
As the day went on today, I started reading and seeing the picture in which the woman is claiming sexual assult.

I DON'T BELIEVE HER.

HERES WHY:

The picture was clearly staged. That's why the man next to the woman was pretending to sleep too.
They were doing a skit.

Plus, the photographer has now came out and said that it was STAGED.

ALSO, HERE'S MORE INFORMATION THAT MY FRIEND Lya POSTED.

The "accuser" is a former employee of Sean Hannity. She appeared as a "concerned citizen" on his show in the past. I call BS.

I kind of suspected this "news anchor" had some connection to FOX.

In 2006 Al Franken was still a professional comedian, and known for doing some "off color jokes".
He was not an US Senator ( or a judge or a DA).

And this woman was a willing member of the cast of a silly skit in an USO show, as this clearly "staged gag shot" indicates (if you see the photo, please notice there is another person also dressed in battle gear who is also "fake sleeping" right next to her).

Also this woman was above the age of consent both then and now.

However, if 11 years after the fact this adult woman who had served in uniform in a war zone suddenly feels, retroactively, that taking part in this stupid bad joke bit is, in fact, the single most terrible thing she has ever experience in her life, Al Franken has apologized.

If that picture and the photographer hadn't come out, I wouldn't of seen that it was a picture during a skit. And, the photographer has also said it was STAGED.

Now, there's a special place in hell for sexual predators AND for woman who lie that they were assulted.

flockofseagulls104

#149 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Shelly Duarte wrote:REGARDING AL FRANKEN

As a childhood sexual abuse survivor, I always believe woman who say they have been sexually assulted.
One of my favorite people, who I had an honor to meet and talk with, is Gloria Allred. She is an amazing lawyer and fighter for woman's rights.

She also has been the Lawyer of many victims of Famous people.

As I read this morning about Al Franken, I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED.

No matter if they are Democrats or Republikkans, if you are a SEXUAL PREDATOR, you are DISCUSTING.
As the day went on today, I started reading and seeing the picture in which the woman is claiming sexual assult.

I DON'T BELIEVE HER.

HERES WHY:

The picture was clearly staged. That's why the man next to the woman was pretending to sleep too.
They were doing a skit.

Plus, the photographer has now came out and said that it was STAGED.

ALSO, HERE'S MORE INFORMATION THAT MY FRIEND Lya POSTED.

The "accuser" is a former employee of Sean Hannity. She appeared as a "concerned citizen" on his show in the past. I call BS.

I kind of suspected this "news anchor" had some connection to FOX.

In 2006 Al Franken was still a professional comedian, and known for doing some "off color jokes".
He was not an US Senator ( or a judge or a DA).

And this woman was a willing member of the cast of a silly skit in an USO show, as this clearly "staged gag shot" indicates (if you see the photo, please notice there is another person also dressed in battle gear who is also "fake sleeping" right next to her).

Also this woman was above the age of consent both then and now.

However, if 11 years after the fact this adult woman who had served in uniform in a war zone suddenly feels, retroactively, that taking part in this stupid bad joke bit is, in fact, the single most terrible thing she has ever experience in her life, Al Franken has apologized.

If that picture and the photographer hadn't come out, I wouldn't of seen that it was a picture during a skit. And, the photographer has also said it was STAGED.

Now, there's a special place in hell for sexual predators AND for woman who lie that they were assulted.
Wow, hypocrisy is in full parade mode!

PS: Who are Shelly Duarte and Dan Latuff?

silverscreenselect

#150 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Wow, hypocrisy is in full parade mode!
And that is the point of a full Senate ethics committee investigation, something Republicans are loathe to do when one of their own is accused. Franken didn't accuse the woman of being a liar or making things up and neither did anyone in a position of power in the Democratic party.

If you look at the way the Democrats have reacted to the Franken accusation and the way the Republicans (with the laudable exception of McCain) reacted to the Moore (and before that Trump) accusations, you'll see the difference between night and day.