Transcript 9/29/2017a - Harriet Weaver (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/29/2017a - Harriet Weaver (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Harriet Weaver
Los Angeles CA

Harriet is going for $30,000. She only has her +1 (her boyfriend) lifeline available.

$30,000: Of the following famous movie one-liners, which is the only one that is NOT said by a character right before they fire a gun?
A - "Say hello to my little friend"
B - "Well do ya, punk?"
C - "Get off my plane"
D - "Hasta la vista, baby"

Harriet knows that
Spoiler
A comes from "Scarface" and thinks that B comes from Robert DeNiro looking into a mirror and wouldn't shoot at himself
. She doesn't know if
Spoiler
the Terminator shoots guns or not
. She wishes that the right answer was "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night." Her +1 would definitely know this. She calls for her boyfriend, Chris. Chris agrees with Harriet about A and tells her that
Spoiler
B is from "Dirty Harry", said by Clint Eastwood. He says that C was said by Harrison Ford in "Air Force One"
. He's 70% sure that
Spoiler
C is the right answer and Harriet says when Chris said that she got the mental image

commercial break

Spoiler
Answer: C ("Get off my plane")

If she wins the money she wants to donate it to a charity she works with that reads to kids for whom English is their second language.

$50,000: Among countries with over 50 million Muslims, whose citizens have the farthest distance to travel for their pilgrimage to Mecca?
A - Nigeria
B - Bangladesh
C - Pakistan
D - Indonesia

Harriet recently learned that Indonesia has the most Muslims of any nation in the world. She thinks Mecca is in Saudi Arabia and asks if she's crazy to think that. She's afraid she'll hate herself either way, but goes for it.
Spoiler
Answer: D (Indonesia)

commercial break

$100,000: Not directly related to any U.S. president, which of these men was a civil rights activist who put up the money to bail Rosa Parks out of jail?
A - Zachary Roosevelt
B - Ronald Eisenhower
C - Edgar Nixon
D - Martin Bush

It's a free guess. She thinks that it would be the funniest if it were
Spoiler
C
. Eisenhower isn't a very common name. She guesses
Spoiler
C

Spoiler
Answer:C (Edgar Nixon)

commercial break

MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": Famous for its lightning, what city's name is believed to come from a Native American phrase meaning "Sticks of Fire"?
A - Tampa, FL
B - Worcester, MA
C - Peoria, IL
D - Tillamook, OR
Spoiler
Answer: A (Tampa, FL)

commercial break

$250,000: Before the length of the game was changed to nine innings in 1857, the original rules of baseball stated that what would determine the winner?
A - first team to hit a home run
B - first team to score 21 runs
C - highest score after one hour
D - highest score after all 9 players have batted

Harriet says her dad knows everything about baseball and would probably know this. She says it must be related to the rules of cricket. She would like to make it to the million but she isn't willing to risk it, so she walks away.
Spoiler
Answer: B (first team to score 21 runs)
Harriet wins $100,000.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Transcript 9/29/2017a - Harriet Weaver (carryover)

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:57 pm

No answer is recorded for the $50,000 question. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

$30,000 - Bad question with two correct answers.

"Well do ya, punk?" was said, Harry never fired the gun in that scene after saying it. He pulled the trigger after the perp said "I gots to know!" and "click", the gun was empty.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Why is the $100K question a free guess? Is there some sort of Mulligan now?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:$30,000 - Bad question with two correct answers.

"Well do ya, punk?" was said, Harry never fired the gun in that scene after saying it. He pulled the trigger after the perp said "I gots to know!" and "click", the gun was empty.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Why is the $100K question a free guess? Is there some sort of Mulligan now?
Because $50,000 is a safety level so even if you go for the $100,000 question and miss, you don't lose any money. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote: Why is the $100K question a free guess? Is there some sort of Mulligan now?
Because $50,000 is a safety level so even if you go for the $100,000 question and miss, you don't lose any money. --Bob
That's what I was thinking, but then I read her answer wrong and thought she missed it and still got to move on.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 am

30K: Its a guess as I haven't seen movies but have seen scenes but get it.

100K: Blow all lifelines. Its a free guess.

250K: Would not get here & don't know it

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Harriet Weaver
Los Angeles CA

Harriet is going for $30,000. She only has her +1 (her boyfriend) lifeline available.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000: Of the following famous movie one-liners, which is the only one that is NOT said by a character right before they fire a gun?
A - "Say hello to my little friend"
B - "Well do ya, punk?"
C - "Get off my plane"
D - "Hasta la vista, baby"
Spoiler
Answer: C ("Get off my plane")

Harriet knows that
Spoiler
A comes from "Scarface" and thinks that B comes from Robert DeNiro looking into a mirror and wouldn't shoot at himself
. She doesn't know if
Spoiler
the Terminator shoots guns or not
. She wishes that the right answer was "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night." Her +1 would definitely know this. She calls for her boyfriend, Chris. Chris agrees with Harriet about A and tells her that
Spoiler
B is from "Dirty Harry", said by Clint Eastwood. He says that C was said by Harrison Ford in "Air Force One"
. He's 70% sure that
Spoiler
C is the right answer and Harriet says when Chris said that she got the mental image
President Marshall (Harrison Ford) says this as he's kicking Gary Oldman in the face, IIRC.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$250,000: Before the length of the game was changed to nine innings in 1857, the original rules of baseball stated that what would determine the winner?
A - first team to hit a home run
B - first team to score 21 runs
C - highest score after one hour
D - highest score after all 9 players have batted

Harriet says her dad knows everything about baseball and would probably know this. She says it must be related to the rules of cricket. She would like to make it to the million but she isn't willing to risk it, so she walks away.
Spoiler
Answer: B (first team to score 21 runs)
Harriet wins $100,000.
No idea. I still have all my lifelines, so let's start with 50:50.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."