Game #174: Movie Matchup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Re: Game #174: Movie Matchup

#51 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 am

mellytu74 wrote:43. His long career included films based on works by Rudyard Kipling, H.P. Lovecraft, and James Hilton.
RONALD COLMAN

I think this is the wrong one.

Lovecraft is Dunwich Horror so maybe SAM JAFFE?? (Gunga Din, Lost Horizon and Dunwich).
I hope so, because then all the other definites are right.

Sam played Czar Peter III in The Scarlett Empress. Can we find an actress who played Catherine the Great?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#52 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 am

85. She rose to prominence at the Abbey Theatre – where she won acclaim for her performance as Shaw’s Saint Joan – but in her most popular film, she played a Russian.
WENDY HILLER?

No. SIOBHAN MCKENNA. the Russian isn't from Murder on the Orient Express, it's from Doctor Zhivago.

AND Siobhan McKenna played Mary. So, instead of a Thomas more, we might need a St. Joseph.

mellytu74

#53 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

36. “You can't fight her. No one ever got the better of her. Never, never. She was beaten in the end, but it wasn't a man, it wasn't a woman. It was the sea!”
LAURENCE OLIVIER?

Right church, wrong pew.

It's from Rebecca but it's JUDITH ANDERSON. She played Herodias in Salome.

JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT played Herod in Colbert's Cleopatra.

franktangredi

#54 Post by franktangredi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 am

mellytu74 wrote:36. “You can't fight her. No one ever got the better of her. Never, never. She was beaten in the end, but it wasn't a man, it wasn't a woman. It was the sea!”
LAURENCE OLIVIER?

Right church, wrong pew.

I didn't know that, so I thought I screwed up. But I checked it out, and that's the wrong Herod.

mellytu74

#55 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am

franktangredi wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:36. “You can't fight her. No one ever got the better of her. Never, never. She was beaten in the end, but it wasn't a man, it wasn't a woman. It was the sea!”
LAURENCE OLIVIER?

Right church, wrong pew.

I didn't know that, so I thought I screwed up. But I checked it out, and that's the wrong Herod.
I didn't realize there are more Herods. I thought it was just Demille.

I originally thought of Claude Rains but I don't see him here.

Pastor Fireball

#56 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 am

jarnon wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:43. His long career included films based on works by Rudyard Kipling, H.P. Lovecraft, and James Hilton.
RONALD COLMAN

Lovecraft is Dunwich Horror so maybe SAM JAFFE?? (Gunga Din, Lost Horizon and Dunwich).

Sam played Czar Peter III in The Scarlett Empress. Can we find an actress who played Catherine the Great?
Marlene Dietrich was probably the most famous portrayer of Catherine the Great. See if she's hanging around in this game.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

mrkelley23

#57 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 am

mellytu74 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
LAURENCE OLIVIER?

Right church, wrong pew.

I didn't realize there are more Herods. I thought it was just Demille.

I originally thought of Claude Rains but I don't see him here.
There were several Herods. Herodias was the wife of the one I think of as the Jesus Herod, Herod Antipas. And Josh Mostel played him in Jesus Christ Superstar.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mellytu74

#58 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:30 pm

About to go into a meeting.

David - Richard Gere and Bathsheba - Susan Hayward

Pastor Fireball

#59 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:01 pm

I think this is the last remaining clue with no correct answer attached to it:
26. “You know, sometimes I wished people was like dogs, Luke. Comes a time, a day like, when the bitch just don't recognize the pups no more, so she don't have no hopes nor love to give her pain. She just don't give a damn.”
GERALDINE PAGE?
Luke's mother in Cool Hand Luke wasn't played by Geraldine Page, but by JO VAN FLEET. She played Kate Horony (AKA "Big Nose" Kate Fisher) in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. Her famous lover was Doc Holliday, played by 48. VAL KILMER in Tombstone.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

mellytu74

#60 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
jarnon wrote:
RONALD COLMAN

Marlene Dietrich was probably the most famous portrayer of Catherine the Great. See if she's hanging around in this game.
I'd have to check BUT I am pretty sure 90. BETTE DAVIS played Catherine the Great in John Paul Jones.

jarnon

#61 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:54 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
Pastor Fireball wrote:
jarnon wrote:I hope so, because then all the other definites are right.

I'd have to check BUT I am pretty sure 90. BETTE DAVIS played Catherine the Great in John Paul Jones.
Wow, Captain Jones got around! That gives us enough material for a new consolidation.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#62 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Identify the 90 actors in the clues below. (Every other clue is a quotation.) Then, match them into 48 pairs according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself. Six actors will used twice.

*1. KENNETH BRANAGH
2. KATHERINE HEPBURN
*3. SUSAN HAYWARD
4. CHARLES LAUGHTON
*5. GENE TIERNEY

*6. “He was a man who loved the outdoors, and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and up to Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364.”
JOHN GOODMAN

7. MARY STEENBURGEN
*8. LUISE RAINIER
*9. RICHARD MULLIGAN
10. HELEN MIRREN
*11. RUBY DEE
12. RICHARD HARRIS
13. NANCY KELLY
14. UMA THURMAN

*15. In the mid-1960s, this Hollywood legend stopped making feature films and took on the lead in a hit television western series.
BARBARA STANWYCK

*16. FRANK LANGELLA

17. She starred opposite Charlie Chaplin in her third film and is still working.
CLAIRE BLOOM?

18. “Most fish languages are a combination of bubbles and mouth movement. At the moment, all I can make is large bubbles and they keep telling me I'm shouting.”
REX HARRISON?

*19. SALMA HAYEK
*20. ALAN ARKIN
*21. ALEXIS SMITH
*22. HARVEY PRESNELL
*23. ANGELA BASSETT
*24. BILL MURRAY

25. This British actress – who is still active in her eighties – shares her name with a late American jazz and cabaret singer.

*26. “You know, sometimes I wished people was like dogs, Luke. Comes a time, a day like, when the bitch just don't recognize the pups no more, so she don't have no hopes nor love to give her pain. She just don't give a damn.”
JO VAN FLEET

27. Fans of Doctor Who – and I know you’re out there – may remember this actor from his portrayal of the Valeyard, a manifestation of the Doctor’s dark side

28. SIGOURNEY WEAVER
*29. FARLEY GRANGER
30. JANE FONDA

*31. She enjoyed a career resurgence in the same Broadway musical as the actress in Clue #21, although she was a bigger name at the time thanks to her recent stint in a popular sitcom.
YVONNE DECARLO

32. ROBERT LOGGIA

33. She and her co-star in a hit 2002 movie won the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss – and they sure as hell deserved it.

*34. DANIEL DAY LEWIS
*35. BLYTHE DANNER

*36. “You can't fight her. No one ever got the better of her. Never, never. She was beaten in the end, but it wasn't a man, it wasn't a woman. It was the sea!”
JUDITH ANDERSON

37. Before winning his Oscar, this actor had appeared on both The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, as well as playing a villain on Batman.
CLIFF ROBERTSON? BURGESS MEREDITH? ART CARNEY?

*38. MORGAN FREEMAN
39. MERLE OBERON
*40. ED HARRIS
*41. GREER GARSON
*42. VIVECA LINDFORS

*43. His long career included films based on works by Rudyard Kipling, H.P. Lovecraft, and James Hilton.
SAM JAFFE

44. PETER USTINOV
*45. MIRANDA RICHARDSON
46. DAME JUDI DENCH
47. COLIN FIRTH
**48. VAL KILMER
*49. ELIZABETH McGOVERN
50. PETER FINCH
51. ETHEL BARRYMORE
*52. KEVIN KLINE
*53. NICK NOLTE
*54. NAOMIE HARRIS

55. As the spokesman for a major British corporation, this actor/writer promised to take good care of us.
ROBERT MORLEY

56. LIONEL BARRYMORE
*57. CLAIRE TREVOR
58. TOM SELLECK
59. VIRGINIA McKENNA
60. HARVEY KEITEL
61. BASIL RATHBONE
*62. RUTH GORDON
*63. JAMES REMAR
*64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND
65. CHARLES BOYER

66. “He found me first when I was fifteen. We were hunting; it was nearly dark. My horse fell; I was thrown. I woke to Richard touching me. He asked me if I loved him: 'Philip, do you love me?' And I told him yes. Do you know why I told him yes? So that one day I could tell you all about it. You cannot imagine what that 'yes' cost. Imagine snuggling to a chancred whore, and bending back your lips into something like a smile saying, 'Yes, I love you, and I find you beautiful.’ I don’t know how I did it.”

*67. JOAN ALLEN
*68. SUSAN KOHNER
*69. RUBEN BLADES

*70. “Do you know about the early days at the Kimberly diamond mines? Do you know what they did to the native workers who stole diamonds? Don't worry, they didn't kill them. That would be like junking your Mercedes just because it had a broken spring.”
KATHY BATES

*71. MARIO VAN PEEBLES

72. “My family, they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.”

*73. JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT

74. “You cannot have it both ways. A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never.”

*75. MORGAN BRITTANY

76. “F**kin' Dante! Poetry-writing faggot! Piece of sh*t mother**ker!”

*77. HOWARD KEEL

*78. “I know your brand of family fun. Tomorrow you'll probably kill the desk clerk, hold up a McDonalds, and drive us a thousand miles out of the way to see the world's largest pile of mud!”
BEVERLY D'ANGELO

*79. JOSH MOSTEL
80. CLAUDETTE COLBERT
*81. CHADWICK BOSEMAN
*82. ROD TAYLOR
83. JANET LEIGH
84. FRED WARD

85. She rose to prominence at the Abbey Theatre – where she won acclaim for her performance as Shaw’s Saint Joan – but in her most popular film, she played a Russian.
SIOBHAN MCKENNA

86. GLADYS COOPER
*87. RICHARD GERE
*88. WALTER PIDGEON
89. RIP TORN
*90. BETTE DAVIS

TANGREDI: Actors played a real-life married couple, in different movies.

MATCHES:

42. VIVECA LINDFORS & JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT (Dreyfus)
53. NICK NOLTE & 35. BLYTHE DANNER (Jefferson)
67. JOAN ALLEN & 16. FRANK LANGELLA (Nixon)
68. SUSAN KOHNER & 20. ALAN ARKIN (Freud)
75. MORGAN BRITTANY & 1. KENNETH BRANAGH (Olivier)
19. SALMA HAYEK & 69. RUBEN BLADES (Rivera)
38. MORGAN FREEMAN & 54. NAOMIE HARRIS (Mandela)
82. ROD TAYLOR & 45. MIRANDA RICHARDSON (Churchill)
81. CHADWICK BOSEMAN & 11. RUBY DEE (Robinson)
78. BEVERLY D'ANGELO & 40. ED HARRIS (Patsy Cline & Charlie Dick)
88. WALTER PIDGEON & 8. LUISE RAINIER (Ziegfeld)
49. ELIZABETH McGOVERN & 29. FARLEY GRANGER (Evelyn Nesbit & Harry Thaw)
5. GENE TIERNEY & 63. JAMES REMAR (Starr)
52. KEVIN KLINE & 21. ALEXIS SMITH (Porter)
15. BARBARA STANWYCK & 77. HOWARD KEEL (Annie Oakley & Frank Butler)
24. BILL MURRAY & 41. GREER GARSON (Roosevelt)
22. HARVE PRESNELL & 70. KATHY BATES (Brown)
48. VAL KILMER & 31. YVONNE DECARLO (Moses)
57. CLAIRE TREVOR & 6. JOHN GOODMAN (Ruth)
71. MARIO VAN PEEBLES & 23. ANGELA BASSETT (Shabazz)
62. RUTH GORDON & 34. DANIEL DAY LEWIS (Lincoln)
64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND + 9. RICHARD MULLIGAN (Custer)
43. SAM JAFFE & 90. BETTE DAVIS (Peter III & Catherine the Great)
36. JUDITH ANDERSON & 79. JOSH MOSTEL (Antipas)
87. RICHARD GERE & 3. SUSAN HAYWARD (David)
26. JO VAN FLEET & 48. VAL KILMER (Holliday)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#63 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 pm

33. She and her co-star in a hit 2002 movie won the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss – and they sure as hell deserved it.

Could this by any chance be Kirsten Dunst? It would give us the Marie Antoinette for Robert Morley's Louie

franktangredi

#64 Post by franktangredi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Everything on here is correct.

I thought I saw #33 previously identified earlier. And I also thought the question about #37 had been settled.
jarnon wrote:Identify the 90 actors in the clues below. (Every other clue is a quotation.) Then, match them into 48 pairs according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself. Six actors will used twice.

*1. KENNETH BRANAGH
2. KATHERINE HEPBURN
*3. SUSAN HAYWARD
4. CHARLES LAUGHTON
*5. GENE TIERNEY

*6. “He was a man who loved the outdoors, and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and up to Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364.”
JOHN GOODMAN

7. MARY STEENBURGEN
*8. LUISE RAINIER
*9. RICHARD MULLIGAN
10. HELEN MIRREN
*11. RUBY DEE
12. RICHARD HARRIS
13. NANCY KELLY
14. UMA THURMAN

*15. In the mid-1960s, this Hollywood legend stopped making feature films and took on the lead in a hit television western series.
BARBARA STANWYCK

*16. FRANK LANGELLA

17. She starred opposite Charlie Chaplin in her third film and is still working.
CLAIRE BLOOM?

18. “Most fish languages are a combination of bubbles and mouth movement. At the moment, all I can make is large bubbles and they keep telling me I'm shouting.”
REX HARRISON?

*19. SALMA HAYEK
*20. ALAN ARKIN
*21. ALEXIS SMITH
*22. HARVEY PRESNELL
*23. ANGELA BASSETT
*24. BILL MURRAY

25. This British actress – who is still active in her eighties – shares her name with a late American jazz and cabaret singer.

*26. “You know, sometimes I wished people was like dogs, Luke. Comes a time, a day like, when the bitch just don't recognize the pups no more, so she don't have no hopes nor love to give her pain. She just don't give a damn.”
JO VAN FLEET

27. Fans of Doctor Who – and I know you’re out there – may remember this actor from his portrayal of the Valeyard, a manifestation of the Doctor’s dark side

28. SIGOURNEY WEAVER
*29. FARLEY GRANGER
30. JANE FONDA

*31. She enjoyed a career resurgence in the same Broadway musical as the actress in Clue #21, although she was a bigger name at the time thanks to her recent stint in a popular sitcom.
YVONNE DECARLO

32. ROBERT LOGGIA

*34. DANIEL DAY LEWIS
*35. BLYTHE DANNER

*36. “You can't fight her. No one ever got the better of her. Never, never. She was beaten in the end, but it wasn't a man, it wasn't a woman. It was the sea!”
JUDITH ANDERSON

37. Before winning his Oscar, this actor had appeared on both The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, as well as playing a villain on Batman.
CLIFF ROBERTSON? BURGESS MEREDITH? ART CARNEY?

*38. MORGAN FREEMAN
39. MERLE OBERON
*40. ED HARRIS
*41. GREER GARSON
*42. VIVECA LINDFORS

*43. His long career included films based on works by Rudyard Kipling, H.P. Lovecraft, and James Hilton.
SAM JAFFE

44. PETER USTINOV
*45. MIRANDA RICHARDSON
46. DAME JUDI DENCH
47. COLIN FIRTH
**48. VAL KILMER
*49. ELIZABETH McGOVERN
50. PETER FINCH
51. ETHEL BARRYMORE
*52. KEVIN KLINE
*53. NICK NOLTE
*54. NAOMIE HARRIS

55. As the spokesman for a major British corporation, this actor/writer promised to take good care of us.
ROBERT MORLEY

56. LIONEL BARRYMORE
*57. CLAIRE TREVOR
58. TOM SELLECK
59. VIRGINIA McKENNA
60. HARVEY KEITEL
61. BASIL RATHBONE
*62. RUTH GORDON
*63. JAMES REMAR
*64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND
65. CHARLES BOYER

66. “He found me first when I was fifteen. We were hunting; it was nearly dark. My horse fell; I was thrown. I woke to Richard touching me. He asked me if I loved him: 'Philip, do you love me?' And I told him yes. Do you know why I told him yes? So that one day I could tell you all about it. You cannot imagine what that 'yes' cost. Imagine snuggling to a chancred whore, and bending back your lips into something like a smile saying, 'Yes, I love you, and I find you beautiful.’ I don’t know how I did it.”

*67. JOAN ALLEN
*68. SUSAN KOHNER
*69. RUBEN BLADES

*70. “Do you know about the early days at the Kimberly diamond mines? Do you know what they did to the native workers who stole diamonds? Don't worry, they didn't kill them. That would be like junking your Mercedes just because it had a broken spring.”
KATHY BATES

*71. MARIO VAN PEEBLES

72. “My family, they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.”

*73. JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT

74. “You cannot have it both ways. A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never.”

*75. MORGAN BRITTANY

*77. HOWARD KEEL

*78. “I know your brand of family fun. Tomorrow you'll probably kill the desk clerk, hold up a McDonalds, and drive us a thousand miles out of the way to see the world's largest pile of mud!”
BEVERLY D'ANGELO

*79. JOSH MOSTEL
80. CLAUDETTE COLBERT
*81. CHADWICK BOSEMAN
*82. ROD TAYLOR
83. JANET LEIGH
84. FRED WARD

SIOBHAN MCKENNA

86. GLADYS COOPER
*87. RICHARD GERE
*88. WALTER PIDGEON
89. RIP TORN
*90. BETTE DAVIS

MATCHES:

64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND + 9. RICHARD MULLIGAN (Custer)

Estonut
Evil Genius

#65 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm

mellytu74 wrote:33. She and her co-star in a hit 2002 movie won the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss – and they sure as hell deserved it.

Could this by any chance be Kirsten Dunst? It would give us the Marie Antoinette for Robert Morley's Louie
That was guessed by mrkelley23 on the first page, but it appears to have slipped from subsequent consolidations.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

mellytu74

#66 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Documenting mr K's Antoinette/Louis match, two other matches and a couple of bio ideas

33. KIRSTEN DUNST & 55. ROBERT MORLEY (Antoinette/Louis XVI)

80. CLAUDETTE COLBERT & 44. PETER USTINOV (Poppaea/Nero)

Sign of the Cross and Quo Vadis

I went to look for something else and found this. If I'd heard of this actress before, I wouldn't know it (I'd heard of the singer).

SYLVIA SYMS

SO....

25. SYLVIA SYMS & 47. COLIN FIRTH (Queen Mum/George VI)

The Queen and The King's Speech

65. CHARLES BOYER = Napoleon
37. CLIFF ROBERTSON = JFK (Do we have a Jackie? Natalie Portman here?)
46. DAME JUDI DENCH = Queen Victoria
30. JANE FONDA = Nancy Reagan (The Butler)

Pastor Fireball

#67 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 pm

mellytu74 wrote:37. CLIFF ROBERTSON = JFK (Do we have a Jackie? Natalie Portman here?)
Now that I think about it...

THIS is Natalie. Her first movie.

jarnon

#68 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Cleaning up the consolidation …

Identify the 90 actors in the clues below. (Every other clue is a quotation.) Then, match them into 48 pairs according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself. Six actors will used twice.

*1. KENNETH BRANAGH
2. KATHERINE HEPBURN
*3. SUSAN HAYWARD
4. CHARLES LAUGHTON
*5. GENE TIERNEY
*6. JOHN GOODMAN
7. MARY STEENBURGEN
*8. LUISE RAINIER
*9. RICHARD MULLIGAN
10. HELEN MIRREN
*11. RUBY DEE
12. RICHARD HARRIS
13. NANCY KELLY
14. UMA THURMAN
*15. BARBARA STANWYCK
*16. FRANK LANGELLA
17. CLAIRE BLOOM
18. REX HARRISON
*19. SALMA HAYEK
*20. ALAN ARKIN
*21. ALEXIS SMITH
*22. HARVEY PRESNELL
*23. ANGELA BASSETT
*24. BILL MURRAY

*25. This British actress – who is still active in her eighties – shares her name with a late American jazz and cabaret singer.
SYLVIA SYMS

*26. JO VAN FLEET

28. SIGOURNEY WEAVER
*29. FARLEY GRANGER
30. JANE FONDA
*31. YVONNE DECARLO
32. ROBERT LOGGIA
*33. KIRSTEN DUNST
*34. DANIEL DAY LEWIS
*35. BLYTHE DANNER
*36. JUDITH ANDERSON
*37. CLIFF ROBERTSON
*38. MORGAN FREEMAN
39. MERLE OBERON
*40. ED HARRIS
*41. GREER GARSON
*42. VIVECA LINDFORS
*43. SAM JAFFE
*44. PETER USTINOV
*45. MIRANDA RICHARDSON
46. DAME JUDI DENCH
*47. COLIN FIRTH
**48. VAL KILMER
*49. ELIZABETH McGOVERN
50. PETER FINCH
51. ETHEL BARRYMORE
*52. KEVIN KLINE
*53. NICK NOLTE
*54. NAOMIE HARRIS
*55. ROBERT MORLEY
56. LIONEL BARRYMORE
*57. CLAIRE TREVOR
58. TOM SELLECK
59. VIRGINIA McKENNA
60. HARVEY KEITEL
61. BASIL RATHBONE
*62. RUTH GORDON
*63. JAMES REMAR
*64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND
65. CHARLES BOYER

*67. JOAN ALLEN
*68. SUSAN KOHNER
*69. RUBEN BLADES
*70. KATHY BATES
*71. MARIO VAN PEEBLES

*72. “My family, they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.”
NATALIE PORTMAN

*73. JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT

*75. MORGAN BRITTANY

*77. HOWARD KEEL
*78. BEVERLY D'ANGELO
*79. JOSH MOSTEL
*80. CLAUDETTE COLBERT
*81. CHADWICK BOSEMAN
*82. ROD TAYLOR
83. JANET LEIGH
84. FRED WARD
85. SIOBHAN MCKENNA
86. GLADYS COOPER
*87. RICHARD GERE
*88. WALTER PIDGEON
89. RIP TORN
*90. BETTE DAVIS

MATCHES:

64. OLIVIA DeHAVILAND & 9. RICHARD MULLIGAN (Custer)
33. KIRSTEN DUNST & 55. ROBERT MORLEY (Louis XVI)
80. CLAUDETTE COLBERT & 44. PETER USTINOV (Nero)
25. SYLVIA SYMS & 47. COLIN FIRTH (George VI)
37. CLIFF ROBERTSON & 72. NATALIE PORTMAN (Kennedy)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Pastor Fireball

#69 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am

mellytu74 wrote:65. CHARLES BOYER = Napoleon
46. DAME JUDI DENCH = Queen Victoria
30. JANE FONDA = Nancy Reagan (The Butler)
39. MERLE OBERON played Josephine in Desiree.

I found a Prince Albert (to match with Victoria) in one of the unanswered clues:

This was from a movie called The Red Shoes and it was said by ANTON WALBROOK.

I don't see James Brolin or Richard Crenna anywhere for Ronnie.

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:12 am

Some partial possibilities

Fred Ward played Henry Miller.
Robert Loggia was Joseph in The Greatest Story Ever Told
Helen Mirren was the wife of George III in The Madness of King George.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:21 am

jarnon wrote:
I cheated on this one. This is MICHAEL JAYSTON, whose best known role (no cheating on this part) was Czar Nicholas II.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

franktangredi

#72 Post by franktangredi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:
I cheated on this one. This is MICHAEL JAYSTON, whose best known role (no cheating on this part) was Czar Nicholas II.
I figured people were going to have to work backwards on this one. I couldn't not include Nicholas and Alexandra, but neither Jayston nor Janet Suzman is really known for anything else.

Ronald Reagan will probably have to wait until there's no one else left. It's a pretty obscure movie, but I couldn't leave out Ron and Nancy, could I? (I considered expanding this to include television but - given the # of tv bios - that left the field too wide open.)

mellytu74

#73 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:
That gives us the match for Ethel Barrymore.

mellytu74

#74 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am

Just realized Lionel Barrymore played Andrew Jackson in Gorgeous Hussy to go with Susan Hayward's Rachel in The President's Lady.

56. LIONEL BARRYMORE & 3. SUSAN HAYWARD (Jacksons)

27. MICHAEL JAYSTON & 51. ETHEL BARRYMORE (Romanovs)

65. CHARLES BOYER & 39. MERLE OBERON (Bonapartes)

46. DAME JUDI DENCH & 74. ANTON WALBROOK (Victoria & Albert)

32. ROBERT LOGGIA & 85. SIOBHAN MCKENNA (Joseph and Mary)

Someone other than Fred Ward must have played Henry Miller. 14. UMA THURMAN played his wife June in Henry and June but the couples must come from different movies. So I don't think Fred is here for Henry Miller.

mellytu74

#75 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 am

THIS has been bothering me.

TIMOTHY DALTON as Phillip II in Lion in Winter.

SO ....

66. TIMOTHY DALTON & 2. KATHERINE HEPBURN (Darnley & Mary Queen of Scots)