Transcript 12/7/17 Greg Peterson (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/7/17 Greg Peterson (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Greg Peterson
Chicago, IL
Greg has no lifelines remaining.

$100,000
While Jesus is better known for having done them, the Bible tells of Peter also pulling off all but which of these feats?
A: Resurrecting the dead B: Walking on water
C: Healing the sick D: Turning water into wine

Greg says this is not in his wheelhouse. He
Spoiler
believes these might be in the Book of Acts. He is sure Peter healed the sick and believes he remembers someone being raised from the dead in Acts, after Jesus is out of the picture. He believes Peter may have been a fisherman so he guesses

Spoiler
D: Turning water into wine

First commercial break

$250,000
Which of these countries is the only one in the world that's completely surrounded by countries whose name end in "stan"?
A: Tajikistan B: Uzbekistan
C: Kyrgyzstan D: Turkmenistan

Greg is in shock—
Spoiler
he gives a shout out to Dan Burns who runs pub trivia in Chicago for asking a similar question a few weeks ago—what country borders only 5 countries, all ending in "stan"?

Spoiler
B: Uzbekistan

Second commercial break

$500,000
Creating an anthem for working women, Donna Summer wrote the song, "She Works Hard for the Money" based on an encounter she had with a tired what?
A: Teacher B: Meter maid
C: Nurse D: Bathroom attendant

Greg
Spoiler
grew up listening to jazz while other people were listening to pop music. He knew he didn't know this as soon as "Donna Summer" came up

Greg decides to walk.
Spoiler
The correct answer is D: Bathroom attendant
Greg wins $250,000.

Third commercial break
QotD wrote: What medical term comes from a Greek word meaning "seeing with one's own eyes"?
A: Lobotomy B: Autopsy
C: Stethoscope D: Biopsy

Spoiler
B: Autopsy

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Transcript 12/7/17 Greg Peterson (carryover)

#2 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500,000
Creating an anthem for working women, Donna Summer wrote the song, "She Works Hard for the Money" based on an encounter she had with a tired what?

Greg
Spoiler
grew up listening to jazz while other people were listening to pop music. He knew he didn't know this as soon as "Donna Summer" came up

Greg decides to walk.
Spoiler
Greg wins $250,000.
Spoiler
Wow! The album cover is a picture of a waitress. That's the only one that's close, though.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Greg
Spoiler

Greg decides to walk.
Spoiler
Greg wins $250,000.
As someone who habitually fights for the Cellar in all the LS games, I wouldn't stand a chance. But I'm curious if there's anything in the lyrics that would make this answer clear? Or did Donna Summer just say this in an interview somewhere?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:

Greg
Spoiler

Greg decides to walk.
Spoiler
Greg wins $250,000.
As someone who habitually fights for the Cellar in all the LS games, I wouldn't stand a chance. But I'm curious if there's anything in the lyrics that would make this answer clear? Or did Donna Summer just say this in an interview somewhere?
Spoiler
I guess she mentioned that in interviews, but the lyrics are basically, "she works hard for the money," she works for tips, and, most telling (now), "Onetta there in the corner stand." Wiki says her inspiration was named Onetta and is pictured on the back cover of the album.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#5 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Lets pretend I'm still alive, but I've used ATA & +1

100K: I've read about resurrection. Like contestant figured the set contained healing sick. 50/50. My gut was going for water-to-wine.

250K: Boy, am I outa here. Whoa go, contestant!

500K: Thought it was a waitress. Outa here again.

LanceJ

#6 Post by LanceJ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $500,000
Knew this one cold -- one of the old Uncle John's Bathroom Readers had it. probably would have bombed out on the 250k but man, it's nice to imagine getting there!

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Greg Peterson
Chicago, IL
Greg has no lifelines remaining.
I still have my ATA & +1.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100,000
While Jesus is better known for having done them, the Bible tells of Peter also pulling off all but which of these feats?
A: Resurrecting the dead B: Walking on water
C: Healing the sick D: Turning water into wine

Greg says this is not in his wheelhouse. He
Spoiler
believes these might be in the Book of Acts. He is sure Peter healed the sick and believes he remembers someone being raised from the dead in Acts, after Jesus is out of the picture. He believes Peter may have been a fisherman so he guesses

Spoiler
D: Turning water into wine
A dream question for this seminarian.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$250,000
Which of these countries is the only one in the world that's completely surrounded by countries whose name end in "stan"?
A: Tajikistan B: Uzbekistan
C: Kyrgyzstan D: Turkmenistan

Greg is in shock—
Spoiler
he gives a shout out to Dan Burns who runs pub trivia in Chicago for asking a similar question a few weeks ago—what country borders only 5 countries, all ending in "stan"?

Spoiler
B: Uzbekistan
Another dream question. Keep 'em coming!

Greg
Spoiler

Greg decides to walk.
Spoiler
Greg wins $250,000.
There's something in the song about working for tips, so it's probably not A, B or C. I'll try the ATA, though, just to see if that clarifies the situation.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am

LanceJ wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $500,000
Knew this one cold -- one of the old Uncle John's Bathroom Readers had it. probably would have bombed out on the 250k but man, it's nice to imagine getting there!
I just saw this post for the first time. Welcome aBored (belatedly)! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson