Bridge report

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Bridge report

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 am

I drove north this weekend to play the Monterey Regional. We weren’t dealt much of a game in the afternoon and our results were a little under average. We were dealt much more in the evening but we also gave back quite a bit. Our second session was just over 56%, which wasn’t good enough to get us into the overalls. We picked up 1.46 red points.

I need to be back in the office tonight so partner and I will be playing the aptly named Fast Pairs event. Here’s hoping I pick up my first win of 2018. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Bridge report

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:48 am

Two below-average sessions failed to add anything to yesterday's meager haul. I ended the regional having won 1.46 points, in a very disappointing bridge result.

It was otherwise an enjoyable weekend, though. I was playing with an occasional partner and we drove up together. That meant a total of about 10 hours in the car, not to mention four sessions of bridge and dinner between sessions yesterday, and he turns out to be quite likeable. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Bridge report

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:55 am

Some kind of a score correction just got reported to me. Our decent session yesterday was now good enough for 2nd our direction, paying off 2.04 red points. So that's my total for the tournament. --Bob