Hey BIT-Thanks for Newell-maybe

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Hey BIT-Thanks for Newell-maybe

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am

Saw your post on FB.

As a contrarian, I figured this was a good day to buy it.

BackInTex

Re: Hey BIT-Thanks for Newell-maybe

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:44 pm

LOL. Let me know how you do.

Disclaimer: The above references an opinion and is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 am

I had been looking for something like this. I like stocks that pay a dividend and are way below their 52-week high, as Newell was even before yesterday. I am glad I didn't see it a week ago, or I may have bought it before yesterday's drop.

One way that I look at it, from this point, which stock has a better chance to double-Newell or the Amazons, Facebooks (etc)?

I am not a day trader and I plan to keep it, but it would be fun to sell it today-up 8% since I bought it yesterday. 8% would be the equivalent of, what, 47 lifetimes of bank interest (LOL).

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Spock wrote:I had been looking for something like this. I like stocks that pay a dividend and are way below their 52-week high, as Newell was even before yesterday. I am glad I didn't see it a week ago, or I may have bought it before yesterday's drop.

One way that I look at it, from this point, which stock has a better chance to double-Newell or the Amazons, Facebooks (etc)?

I am not a day trader and I plan to keep it, but it would be fun to sell it today-up 8% since I bought it yesterday. 8% would be the equivalent of, what, 47 lifetimes of bank interest (LOL).
My commission is 2% of the gain. You can pay me in cheeseburgers should we ever get a chance to meet.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

BackInTex wrote:
Spock wrote:I had been looking for something like this. I like stocks that pay a dividend and are way below their 52-week high, as Newell was even before yesterday. I am glad I didn't see it a week ago, or I may have bought it before yesterday's drop.

My commission is 2% of the gain. You can pay me in cheeseburgers should we ever get a chance to meet.
Gladly. Just a fun update on why I like companies like Newell.

It had earlier dropped from 52-week highs in the mid 50's to the low 30's. From that point, it had that nasty one-day 25% drop to $24 or so(when I bought it).

Yes, it can drop farther, but it is harder for it to-everthing bad is priced in. Even with the recent volatility, it did not drop much (if any) on those bad days.

As of right now, I have a gain of 19.34% in ten days (or however long it is).