Transcript 2/2/2018 - Penn & Teller (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 2/2/2018 - Penn & Teller (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:41 pm

CELEBRITY WEEK

Penn & Teller

Last time they were on the show they went for the $30,000 question and missed it. They're back for redemption and they are now at $50,000, with the 50:50 and +1 lifelines still available. They're playing for Opportunity House, a community that works with intellectually-disabled persons.

$100,000: Koos van den Akker holds a unique place in pop culture history for designing what?
A - the Bill Cosby sweater
B - the Bjork swan dress
C - the Madonna cone bra
D - ABBA's stage costumes

Penn says he would assume it was
Spoiler
C but that's probably misleading. He eliminates A and says there are three possible choices. He can't remember where ABBA is from except that they are Scandinavian. Neither he nor Teller can envision the swan dress or ABBA's stage costumes. They go with the swan dress.

Spoiler
Answer: A (the Bill Cosby sweater)
Opportunity House gets $50,000.
Penn asks their +1 if he knew it - he didn't.

commercial break

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 2/2/2018 - Penn & Teller (carryover)

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:09 pm

100K: Use lifelines.

They should have too. 50/50 would have left Cosby in, giving better odds on picking him.

K.P.

#3 Post by K.P. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Cosby sweater is the only one of the four I'd consider "pop culture history". A better distractor might have been Liberace's suits.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:CELEBRITY WEEK

Penn & Teller

Last time they were on the show they went for the $30,000 question and missed it. They're back for redemption and they are now at $50,000, with the 50:50 and +1 lifelines still available. They're playing for Opportunity House, a community that works with intellectually-disabled persons.

$100,000: Koos van den Akker holds a unique place in pop culture history for designing what?
A - the Bill Cosby sweater
B - the Bjork swan dress
C - the Madonna cone bra
D - ABBA's stage costumes

Penn says he would assume it was
Spoiler
C but that's probably misleading. He eliminates A and says there are three possible choices. He can't remember where ABBA is from except that they are Scandinavian. Neither he nor Teller can envision the swan dress or ABBA's stage costumes. They go with the swan dress.

Spoiler
Answer: A (the Bill Cosby sweater)
Opportunity House gets $50,000.
Penn asks their +1 if he knew it - he didn't.
As I recall, on "The Cosby Show" Bill wore sweatshirts from various schools. I didn't know he had a particular sweater, unless it was the one in the show intro, but even then he wore something different each season. If I have lifelines I'll be using them, but it's likely only the 50:50 will be of use.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."