Amazing Race-Zimbabwe-Imire

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Amazing Race-Zimbabwe-Imire

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 am

First of all, I have never watched "Big Brother", however since the new season is "Celebrity Big Brother", it will become appointment television in our house.(LOL)

The Spocklette watches Amazing Race, but I usually don't, however since last night was in Zimbabwe we made a point of watching it as a family event.

If there were big crocs present, as they seemed to indicate, I am a little surprised that the contestants were splashing around in the shallows.

They spent time at the "Imire Game Park." It may be a sign that I have too many books, in that I have a book on Imire, however I can't find it right now.

It is a book by Cathy Buckle, who is the scribe of the Zimbabwe land seizures.

http://www.cathybuckle.com/imire.php

>>>>"A lion in the garden and a crocodile in the swimming pool; an otter called Potter that started life in the master bedroom and a hippo called Maggie that lived in the dam and snacked on half a loaf of bread and a bottle of beer. These are just some of the stories in a book about Norman Travers. Norman Travers was a visionary conservationist and an enduring optimist. Through two wars he displayed great courage and leadership and was awarded an MC for bravery. Passionate about wildlife, Norman demonstrated that maize and tobacco farming could be practised side by side with game animals. Hand rearing lions, elephants and leopards, Norman and Gill Travers built up Imire Game Park at a time when the country was ravaged by war. When black rhinos were being decimated by poaching, Norman introduced them to Imire, reared the calves and released them back into the wild, winning a Wildlife Oscar for his efforts. This is a humorous account of a remarkable man who loved life and his family, loved animals and above all loved his country. “Imire. "

MarleysGh0st

Re: Amazing Race-Zimbabwe-Imire

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Spock wrote:If there were big crocs present, as they seemed to indicate, I am a little surprised that the contestants were splashing around in the shallows.
I think that was a bit of creative editing to make it appear that the crocs were in the same waterhole. It would be bad publicity for any contestants on the show to be eaten by the wildlife.

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spock wrote:If there were big crocs present, as they seemed to indicate, I am a little surprised that the contestants were splashing around in the shallows.
I think that was a bit of creative editing to make it appear that the crocs were in the same waterhole. It would be bad publicity for any contestants on the show to be eaten by the wildlife.
I'd make an exception for Jess and Cody.... :evil:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

elwoodblues

#4 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

If my wife and I were on this show:

"You are the last team to arrive. The time you spent petting all the dogs you saw cost you."