Transcript 2/14/18 Amelia Hershberger

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 2/14/18 Amelia Hershberger

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Amelia Hershberger
Albany, N.Y.

$500
First seen in “Back To The Future Part II” and named by Time Magazine one of the “Best Inventions of 2016,” Nike’s HyperAdapt 1.0 is a shoe that does what?
A: Time travels B: Reads minds
C: Self-laces D: Converts into a DeLorean

Spoiler
C: Self-laces

$1,000
With a bunch of them sometimes referred to as a “hand” because of their shape, what fruit’s name is thought to come from an Arabic word meaning “finger”?
A: Plum B: Grape
C: Banana D: Mango

Spoiler
C: Banana

$2,000
To help prevent brain injuries in athletes, scientists are studying what bird, that doesn’t get concussions despite its frequent, rapid head collisions?
A: Eagle B: Penguin
C: Woodpecker D: Hummingbird

Spoiler
C: Woodpecker

$3,000
In 2016 a Catholic archdiocese in Scotland designed a service that matches Catholics with the nearest available confessional — an app that’s been nicknamed what?
A: Sindr B: Shazam of Shame
C: I Forgive YouTube D: Pinterest for Penances

Spoiler
A: 74% B: 2% C: 4% D: 20%

Spoiler
A: Sindr

$5,000
The “curves and edges” of what swimsuit model-turned-food guru inspired her husband John Legend’s romantic hit single “All of Me”?
A: Chrissy Teigen B: Brooklyn Decker
C: Gigi Hadid D: Bar Refaeli

Spoiler
A: Chrissy Teigen

$7,000
In which of these countries do nearly 100% of residents live in an urban environment?
A: Japan B: Singapore
C: Israel D: France

Spoiler
B: Singapore

Commercial break

$10,000
In feature films, Meryl Streep has played characters with all but which of these first names?
A: Miranda B: Barbara
C: Karen D: Margaret

Spoiler
Amelia says Meryl played Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada and Margaret Thatcher.
50/50 leaves Miranda & Barbara.

Spoiler
B: Barbara

$20,000
If a person born in 2017 lived as long as Methuselah did according to the Bible, what year would he live until?
A: 2216 B: 2557
C: 2986 D: 5019

Spoiler
C: 2986

$30,000
Though dozens of other nations have since followed suit, 50 years ago the U.S. became the very first country to legally require what?
A: Wearing seatbelts in cars B: Warrants for home searches
C: Health warnings on cigarettes D: A military draft

Spoiler
C: Health warnings on cigarettes

Commercial break

$50,000
On November 22, 1963, Walter Cronkite fought back tears to report that “President Kennedy died at” what “Central Standard” time?
A: 11:45 A.M. B: 1 P.M.
C: 2:30 P.M. D: 4:15 P.M.

Spoiler
Amelia says Kennedy was shot at midday. Her +1 is her husband Jason. He thinks it’s 1 P.M, but he’s not sure, so she walks away.

Spoiler
B: 1 P.M.
Amelia wins $30,000.

Commercial break

QotD
While it sounds like a modern creation, which of the following words was actually used as far back as 1936?
A: Infotainment B: Crowdsource
C: Guesstimate D: Bromance

Spoiler
C: Guesstimate

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 2/14/18 Amelia Hershberger

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 pm

10K: Well, I know she played Maggie Thatcher. Couldn't remember Karen Silkwood on trip home, but can now. Tell audience, then ATA

30K: Seatbelts varied by state; cig warnings didn't. Cig warnings

50K: I was changing classes in the early afternoon, I think, eastern time, when the news came that he'd been shot. They funneled us into the French teacher's class as she had a television. They sent us home before the 3:00? end of the school day. 50/50 & hope it doesn't leave both mid-day times.

earendel

Re: Transcript 2/14/18 Amelia Hershberger

#3 Post by earendel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Amelia Hershberger
Albany, N.Y.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2,000
To help prevent brain injuries in athletes, scientists are studying what bird, that doesn’t get concussions despite its frequent, rapid head collisions?
A: Eagle B: Penguin
C: Woodpecker D: Hummingbird
Spoiler
C: Woodpecker
Although the answer is obvious, it may not be accurate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... 26a5c0ccb3
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$5,000
The “curves and edges” of what swimsuit model-turned-food guru inspired her husband John Legend’s romantic hit single “All of Me”?
A: Chrissy Teigen B: Brooklyn Decker
C: Gigi Hadid D: Bar Refaeli
Spoiler
A: Chrissy Teigen
Time for me to ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000
If a person born in 2017 lived as long as Methuselah did according to the Bible, what year would he live until?
A: 2216 B: 2557
C: 2986 D: 5019
Spoiler
C: 2986
Methuselah lived 969 years.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000
On November 22, 1963, Walter Cronkite fought back tears to report that “President Kennedy died at” what “Central Standard” time?
A: 11:45 A.M. B: 1 P.M.
C: 2:30 P.M. D: 4:15 P.M.
Spoiler
Amelia says Kennedy was shot at midday. Her +1 is her husband Jason. He thinks it’s 1 P.M, but he’s not sure, so she walks away.

Spoiler
B: 1 P.M.
Amelia wins $30,000.
Amelia said that Jason had read Stephen King's book 11-22-1963 and also seen the movie "JFK". She hoped that would help him.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."