Unexpected stop

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Unexpected stop

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 pm

My vacation started today. I booked Southwest to fly to Philadelphia, changing planes in Atlanta. Except that just as my flight was taking off from LAX, the airline canceled my connecting flight to Philadelphia. I guess Winter Storm Riley did prove to be as bad as predicted.

So I’m spending the night in Atlanta and I’ll be flying to LaGuardia tomorrow afternoon. I couldn’t have gotten a ticket to Philadelphia until Sunday. Good thing my family is geographically a bit scattered. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Unexpected stop

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:55 am

Bob78164 wrote:So I’m spending the night in Atlanta
While you're here, be sure to ask for your NRA member discount wherever you go.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#3 Post by kroxquo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:15 am

I love the city of Philadelphia. It is my home town. But it has the absolute worst airport I have ever used. I have nEVER flown into or out of or through Philly that there was not some sort of delay.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am

kroxquo wrote:I love the city of Philadelphia. It is my home town. But it has the absolute worst airport I have ever used. I have nEVER flown into or out of or through Philly that there was not some sort of delay.
I don’t think I can blame this one on the airport. I understand that it was shut down, as were New York’s airports. I’m not very connected, though, so my understanding could be mistaken. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#5 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Winter Storm Riley, known up here as the Nor'easter, rocked the whole coast with hurricane strength winds. Including my apartment in Somerville.

I am not kidding.

You would not have wanted to fly into it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

I flew into LGA Saturday afternoon without incident and I’m now with my sister in Cherry Hill until the tournament starts on Wednesday. I’ve managed to see my mother, all four of my siblings, and all of their kids. So far it’s a good trip. —Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 am

Time to drive into Philadelphia today. So of course the week’s second Nor’easter is scheduled. I should beat the worst of it. I just hope my partner arrived as scheduled last night. —Bob