A Final Plea For Neutrality

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: A Final Plea For Neutrality

#26 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:So, T-Bone, if you have no other rooting interests for the next ten minutes, let's root for Sister Jean and Loyola!

Was hoping there were a couple more upsets in their pockets, but alas, the magic ran out.

It was an excellent run, nonetheless.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#27 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:Hmmm. Tried to determine the straw for this thread (hoping it was not me as I have "bitten my tongue" recently to avoid doing exactly what T-bone is pleading us not to do). I went on all threads back to Wednesday and other than Flock's gun comment in the Staub RIP, I saw nothing. So I guess that was the straw. I hope my comical comeback to that was not part of the trigger. I was trying to keep it "light". Anyway, if I've done what T-bone is asking us not to, I'm sorry. I agree with him, let's keep politics with the politics and the fun free from the non-fun.

And I'm rooting for the Sister and her flock.

Not to worry. We're cool.

8) 8)

See?
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#28 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Hmmm. Tried to determine the straw for this thread (hoping it was not me as I have "bitten my tongue" recently to avoid doing exactly what T-bone is pleading us not to do). I went on all threads back to Wednesday and other than Flock's gun comment in the Staub RIP, I saw nothing. So I guess that was the straw. I hope my comical comeback to that was not part of the trigger. I was trying to keep it "light". Anyway, if I've done what T-bone is asking us not to, I'm sorry. I agree with him, let's keep politics with the politics and the fun free from the non-fun.

I think you are correct in determining the straw, because I was about to do a Butthead style bitchslapping of him and tell him to settle down, Beavis. Inserting that comment into the Staub thread once was bad enough, but then he went and did it again after your malt liquor response. Willingly inserting political snipes into innocuous threads is what pisses those of us off who really are tired of listening to all the back and forth shit... and flock apparently doesn't realize or care about that. Keep the crap in the threads that are clearly political...

lb13
There was more than one straw, from both sides of the fence. That's all I'm sayin'.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:30 pm

CarShark wrote:This is part of the reason why I have gone back to lurking on this board. This is ostensibly a place to discuss a game show. Yet the transcript threads are barren on a daily basis, and the food fight threads are the only ones that get any traffic. Mosher reported a couple months back that GSN was going to rerun the Harrison episodes, which is the first time the syndie show got any love in Harveyfeudland for...what, six or seven years? No one gave a damn. Back to the foxholes. I understand that the daytime show is in a big rut. The question difficulty has been ratcheted up. The contestants are too timid. There hasn't been a million dollar question in 4 1/2 years. There hasn't been a million dollar winner in regular play in fifteen. Still, I find myself enjoying the show more often than not and wish to talk about it with like-minded people somewhere. I just don't know if this place is that somewhere anymore.

This is a sincere question: Do people actually care about Who Wants to Be a Millionaire anymore?
As someone presently wading in the Audition Player Pool and available for Plus One service, that’s a firm yes. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:29 am

CarShark wrote:This is part of the reason why I have gone back to lurking on this board. This is ostensibly a place to discuss a game show. Yet the transcript threads are barren on a daily basis, and the food fight threads are the only ones that get any traffic. Mosher reported a couple months back that GSN was going to rerun the Harrison episodes, which is the first time the syndie show got any love in Harveyfeudland for...what, six or seven years? No one gave a damn. Back to the foxholes. I understand that the daytime show is in a big rut. The question difficulty has been ratcheted up. The contestants are too timid. There hasn't been a million dollar question in 4 1/2 years. There hasn't been a million dollar winner in regular play in fifteen. Still, I find myself enjoying the show more often than not and wish to talk about it with like-minded people somewhere. I just don't know if this place is that somewhere anymore.

This is a sincere question: Do people actually care about Who Wants to Be a Millionaire anymore?
Not me.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:33 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

I think you are correct in determining the straw, because I was about to do a Butthead style bitchslapping of him and tell him to settle down, Beavis. Inserting that comment into the Staub thread once was bad enough, but then he went and did it again after your malt liquor response. Willingly inserting political snipes into innocuous threads is what pisses those of us off who really are tired of listening to all the back and forth shit... and flock apparently doesn't realize or care about that. Keep the crap in the threads that are clearly political...

lb13
There was more than one straw, from both sides of the fence. That's all I'm sayin'.
Wow. I hadn't thought of Rusty Staub in a long time, and his name brought the Colt 45's to mind, which I hadn't thought of in a long time. If anyone took offense at my comment about it, I apologize. But seriously, in actuality, it was meant as a joke, nothing more. On the scale of offensive things, what I wrote is pretty far down the list.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Wow. I hadn't thought of Rusty Staub in a long time, and his name brought the Colt 45's to mind, which I hadn't thought of in a long time. If anyone took offense at my comment about it, I apologize. But seriously, in actuality, it was meant as a joke, nothing more. On the scale of offensive things, what I wrote is pretty far down the list.

It had nothing at all to do with being offensive. It had everything to do with being a political jab in a thread about a deceased ballplayer (I'm sure it was just a joke, but one with a very pointy stick attached to it). Save it for the threads those of us who don't give a shit can actually choose to ignore...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

flockofseagulls104

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:06 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Wow. I hadn't thought of Rusty Staub in a long time, and his name brought the Colt 45's to mind, which I hadn't thought of in a long time. If anyone took offense at my comment about it, I apologize. But seriously, in actuality, it was meant as a joke, nothing more. On the scale of offensive things, what I wrote is pretty far down the list.

It had nothing at all to do with being offensive. It had everything to do with being a political jab in a thread about a deceased ballplayer (I'm sure it was just a joke, but one with a very pointy stick attached to it). Save it for the threads those of us who don't give a shit can actually choose to ignore...

lb13
Chill out

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Chill out
How about this: No squirrels in the political threads? :) (Don't be offended)

lilclyde54

#35 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 pm

So here is a thread pleading with our members to somehow find a way to not have every thread degenerate into political "he said...she said" crap and it takes about 5-6 posts to become political. It is no wonder that this forum has gone from my #1 go-to spot to about 28th on my list of forums to visit. This political crap is killing this place.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again