DTWS All-athlete cast Season 26

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

DTWS All-athlete cast Season 26

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:16 am

Season 26 of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" will feature all athletes, with Olympic stars making up most of the roster.

ABC announced the cast on Friday and it will feature Olympic softball player Jennie Finch, Olympic figure skaters Tonya Harding, Adam Rippon and Mirai Nagasu, Olympic snowboarder Jamie Anderson, and Olympic luger Chris Mazdzer.

NBA legend and Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, former MLB player Johnny Damon, Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman and Notre Dame guard Arike Ogunbowale, who hit the winning shot to win the women's national championship, round out the cast competing for the mirror ball trophy.

Abdul-Jabbar will be the oldest contestant this season at age 70, while 21-year-old Ogunbowale will be the youngest.

DWTS: Athletes will premiere April 30 on ABC and will be the first season to feature all athlete competitors.
https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/04/13/ ... -season-26
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

Re: DTWS All-athlete cast Season 26

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 am

The further Tonya Harding makes it in the competition, the more nervous I would be if I were one of her remaining competitors.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 am

Vandal wrote:
Abdul-Jabbar will be the oldest contestant this season at age 70,
A reminder of how old I'm getting. My freshman year at Georgia Tech, our basketball team (one of the better Tech teams ever) went out to Los Angeles to play in UCLA's holiday tournament (and needless to say, did not win). I was home on Christmas break when the game happened but I remember a lot of newspaper coverage of how our star center Rich Yunkus would fare against then-Lew Alcindor. Yunkus did fairly well; the rest of the team did not.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:14 am

At least I've heard of many of the stars. Who actually *are* stars, as athletes.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:23 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Vandal wrote:
A reminder of how old I'm getting. My freshman year at Georgia Tech, our basketball team (one of the better Tech teams ever) went out to Los Angeles to play in UCLA's holiday tournament (and needless to say, did not win). I was home on Christmas break when the game happened but I remember a lot of newspaper coverage of how our star center Rich Yunkus would fare against then-Lew Alcindor. Yunkus did fairly well; the rest of the team did not.
I didn't think you were that old. I was at UCLA with Lew Alcindor.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:58 am

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I didn't think you were that old. I was at UCLA with Lew Alcindor.
Well, I'm not quite as old as I thought, although my memory is playing tricks on me.

We did play UCLA my freshman year (and lost), but it was the UCLA team led by Curtis Rowe and Sidney Wicks the year after Alcindor graduated. Ironically, that was the year that many people thought UCLA would be beatable, since it came between the Alcindor and the Walton teams. They still won the national title that year. I could have sworn I remembered Yunkus going up against Alcindor but I was wrong.

wbtravis007

#7 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

I was lucky enough to see the Houston Cougars beat Alcindor in the Astrodome in '68. I was 15. Unbelievable game. Also saw Ali fight twice in the Dome. Angelo Dundee later said that he thought that Ali was at his peak when he fought Cleveland Williams there.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The further Tonya Harding makes it in the competition, the more nervous I would be if I were one of her remaining competitors.

I heard that, just in case, all contestants this season will be dancing with their choice of football pads or Baseball Catcher's protective gear as part of their costumes.

Theme nights will include the Rhumba Rumble, the Mangling Merengue and the Patella Pummeling Paso Doble.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mrkelley23

#9 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The further Tonya Harding makes it in the competition, the more nervous I would be if I were one of her remaining competitors.

I heard that, just in case, all contestants this season will be dancing with their choice of football pads or Baseball Catcher's protective gear as part of their costumes.

Theme nights will include the Rhumba Rumble, the Mangling Merengue and the Patella Pummeling Paso Doble.
I think they need to have Allison Janney as a guest judge one night.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:

I think they need to have Allison Janney as a guest judge one night.

Along with a couple of WWE referees..
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

earendel

#11 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm

I still recall with great fondness the year that Kristi Yamaguchi and partner Mark Ballas won. It was such a joy to watch. I think when I log off here I'll watch it again on YouTube.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller