Scooter Libby pardoned

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Scooter Libby pardoned

#26 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: I took a year of Russian in college. It's a hard language. Lots of consonant clusters, cases, and tenses, not to mention sounds that simply don't get used in English. I'm old enough now that I'd rather not devote the effort to trying to learn it. So I'm gonna continue fighting for my country. --Bob
That last line gave me a good laugh.

I've never taken Russian. No desire, no need. Should your candidate for President win and be successful in its efforts to castrate our military and eliminate the 2nd amendment and the Russians do decide to take us over, I won't be alive to have to learn the language. "Live Free or Die" and "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" are not just historical quotes to me and most other men.

But I understand your concern for having to learn a new language.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#27 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:25 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I took a year of Russian in college. It's a hard language. Lots of consonant clusters, cases, and tenses, not to mention sounds that simply don't get used in English. I'm old enough now that I'd rather not devote the effort to trying to learn it. So I'm gonna continue fighting for my country. --Bob

I've never taken Russian. No desire, no need. Should your candidate for President win and be successful in its efforts to castrate our military and eliminate the 2nd amendment and the Russians do decide to take us over, I won't be alive to have to learn the language. "Live Free or Die" and "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" are not just historical quotes to me and most other men.

Really? I don't know who my candidate for President will be in 2020. But it certainly won't be Mike Pence. My point above is that Republicans are refusing to look for the truth concerning Donny even though he'd be replaced, not with a Democrat, but with Vice President Pence. I can't for the life of me understand why they're afraid to look, other than because Donny ran with an R next to his name. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: I took a year of Russian in college. It's a hard language. Lots of consonant clusters, cases, and tenses, not to mention sounds that simply don't get used in English. I'm old enough now that I'd rather not devote the effort to trying to learn it. So I'm gonna continue fighting for my country. --Bob

And by the way, if you're so concerned about a Russian takeover, why don't you want a Congressional investigation of Donny disclosing the position of nuclear submarines (some of our most closely held secrets) to members of the Russian government? If your answer is that we don't know that it actually happened because the widespread reports (never denied) were contained in the mainstream media, then let's put some of the people in the room under oath to find out just what he said.

The American people deserve to know whether the occupant of the Oval Office is taking sufficient care with our military secrets. So do our men and women in uniform. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Really? I don't know who my candidate for President will be in 2020.
It doesn't matter, it will be the same anti-military, anti-2nd Amendment type you always support.
Bob78164 wrote:My point above is that Republicans are refusing to look for the truth
My point is the Democrats refuse to look for the truth in regards to the Clintons.
Bob78164 wrote:I can't for the life of me understand why they're afraid to look, other than because Donny ran with an R next to his name. --Bob
I have the same confusion, but my "other than" is Vince Foster.
Bob78164 wrote: if you're so concerned about a Russian takeover..
Where did I express an ounce of concern about a Russian takeover? You truly have a problem. You are confusing your thoughts and words with others'.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I can't for the life of me understand why they're afraid to look, other than because Donny ran with an R next to his name. --Bob
I have the same confusion, but my "other than" is Vince Foster.
I can help you with that. Here is the FBI's file on Vince Foster's suicide. They looked. There was nothing to find. You don't like that answer so you insist they should look harder for something that they'll never find because it isn't there.

And by the way, the House of Representatives had six years under Republican control to investigate Foster's death to its heart's content. And you can't tell me that the House, which actually impeached President Clinton, was in his pocket.

I just want Congress to start looking at all of the red flags Donny has been flying. But as long as it's in Republican hands, it won't. Because they're afraid of what they expect to find. So I'm going to do my best to see that Congress is controlled by a party that will take its oversight role seriously, and with seven prime targets right here in Southern California, I have real hopes of being able to contribute lots of shoe leather to the effort. --Bob

BackInTex

#31 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm going to do my best....
You keep saying that. It's comforting. Really.
~~ Thomas Jefferson