Chick-Fil-A "Infiltrates" New York City

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Chick-Fil-A "Infiltrates" New York City

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 pm

This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annal ... -york-city

We don't want any of your bigotry. And that's exactly what it is.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

Re: Chick-Fil-A "Infiltrates" New York City

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Bless their hearts. I wish we'd get one here. And a Noodles & Co.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

You wouldn't see anything bigotted about it, because you share in it. And it has to do with trump because of MY bigotry. I would bet a good sum that the person who decided to spend time writing this article criticising Chick-Fil-A for a 'creepy infiltration' hates trump as much as you. I may be wrong, but would you bet against me?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

You wouldn't see anything bigotted about it, because you share in it. And it has to do with trump because of MY bigotry. I would bet a good sum that the person who decided to spend time writing this article criticising Chick-Fil-A for a 'creepy infiltration' hates trump as much as you. I may be wrong, but would you bet against me?
No, a lot of people hate trump, that's not a good bet. Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

No, a lot of people hate trump, that's not a good bet. Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?
Totally non-political? Give me a break. Better yet, run along.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm

I have nothing against Chick-fil-a other than the fact that their sandwiches are too expensive for what you actually get.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote: I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry.
Then you're about as obtuse as they come.

Bob Juch wrote:The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.
If that were true then you've played us all.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry.
Then you're about as obtuse as they come.

Bob Juch wrote:The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.
If that were true then you've played us all.
That article was completely non-political. Please point out anything otherwise. The same author has also bemoaned Starbucks forcing out other coffee shops.

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am

[quote="Bob Juch]I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?[/quote]
The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?
The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".
BJ is confused between bigotry and political.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am

BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?
I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

earendel

#13 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote: The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".
I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.
Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.
He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.

earendel

#15 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.
But why mention it at all if it's not germane to the point of his article?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 am

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

You really need to remove that visor so you can see what your hat says...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 am

earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote: Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.
Ask him. I suppose if he were to write again about Starbucks, he'd mention the recent Philadelphia incident.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#18 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 am

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.
Ask him. I suppose if he were to write again about Starbucks, he'd mention the recent Philadelphia incident.
The author's judgment isn't being called into question. YOUR judgement ("Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?") is. Or are you really too dense to realize that?

For the record, I checked back into this thread to blast flock, but you're the one acting like the idiot here...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 am

littlebeast13 wrote: For the record, I checked back into this thread to blast flock, but you're the one acting like the idiot here...

lb13
This is where you're wrong. He's not acting.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am

Bob Juch wrote:Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?
You're being willfully blind. From the article's second paragraph:
Dan Piepenbring wrote:And yet the brand’s arrival here feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism. Its headquarters, in Atlanta, are adorned with Bible verses and a statue of Jesus washing a disciple’s feet. Its stores close on Sundays. Its C.E.O., Dan Cathy, has been accused of bigotry for using the company's charitable wing to fund anti-gay causes, including groups that oppose same-sex marriage. “We’re inviting God’s judgment on our nation,” he once said, “when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’ ” The company has since reaffirmed its intention to “treat every person with honor, dignity and respect,” but it has quietly continued to donate to anti-L.G.B.T. groups. When the first stand-alone New York location opened, in 2015, a throng of protesters appeared. When a location opened in a Queens mall, in 2016, Mayor Bill de Blasio proposed a boycott.
This passage clearly links the theme of the article to the company's politics.

On the merits, my issue with the chain is its political support for intolerance, which the article attributes to the owners' religious views. It may well be right. But I don't blame all Christians for this owner's conduct, any more than I blame all Moslems for the conduct of a few.

I do wonder if people like flock read an article like this as an attack on Christianity in general. And I further wonder if they'd read an analogous article involving Islam as an attack on Islam in general. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I heard two different answers to that question. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am

Why do you people think religion=politics?

themanintheseersuckersuit

#22 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Fisked
http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/04/ ... s-chicken/
Thank you for finding that. Funny and extremely true.

tlynn78

#24 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Fisked
http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/04/ ... s-chicken/
Thank you for finding that. Funny and extremely true.

"Hyperbolic assclowns" lol...perfect
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am

I expect to see another column by this hyperbolic assclown exposing the institutional racism that is rampant in Starbucks. Can't wait.