Rosenstein

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Rosenstein

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings
Um, yes, they are...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/colu ... olumn.html
Every five seconds Trump says "no collusion."
Maybe because there wasn't?
Methinks he doth protest too much.
Well, that's just more evidence that not only should he be impeached, he should be tarred and feathered. Now go run along.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Just because he gets scared off firing Rosenstein or trying to fire Mueller doesn't mean he wasn't seriously considering it.
Just because you imagine it, doesn't make it true.
Bob78164 wrote:And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn, who has subsequently pleaded guilty. That, right there, is prima facie evidence of obstruction of justice.
This, right here, is prima facie evidence of your confusion.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Just because he gets scared off firing Rosenstein or trying to fire Mueller doesn't mean he wasn't seriously considering it.
Just because you imagine it, doesn't make it true.
Bob78164 wrote:And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn, who has subsequently pleaded guilty. That, right there, is prima facie evidence of obstruction of justice.
This, right here, is prima facie evidence of your confusion.
Seriously considering something is exactly the same as actually doing it, says the ethical lawyer. If that was so, we'd all be in jail.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn, who has subsequently pleaded guilty.
You know, bob-tel, we can have a little teaching moment here, though I doubt you are capable of learning.

I know what you meant when you wrote the above statement. You meant Comey, not Mueller. You made a mistake in communicating. Many of us do. Though it is much easier to miscommunicate what you mean in spoken communication than in written communication. In written communication, you have the opportunity to correct your miscommunication before anyone else sees it. When you speak it and it's recorded, that's it. It's out there.

Reasonable people try and understand the meaning of what people are communicating. Unreasonable people try and twist the meaning by playing around with the words and context of the communication. I could call you a fool because you think Mueller was fired. That would be wrong. You did not MEAN Mueller. You are a fool for many other reasons, but not that one.

trump sometimes does not communicate his meaning using the best words possible. But for us reasonable people, we know what he MEANS. When he does slip up, and he does so often, it provides an opportunity. We know what he meant to say, but we also know when unreasonable people like you try and twist his words and context to demonize him. And when you do that, it is easy to identify the unreasonable people.

A good example is when he said 'there are good people on both sides' about Charlottesville. No sane person believed he was saying any of the nazi sympathizers or white supremacists were good people. He was referring to the people who were there objecting to the removal of confederate statues and did not participate in any violence. Reasonable people gave him the benefit of the doubt on that, and later he did clarify that was what he meant. Unreasonable people still spout the lie that he sympathised with the nazis and/ or is a white supremacist himself, and use this incident as 'proof'. The people who still hold on to that are unreasonable people. You, bob-tel, were identified as one a long time ago.

And let me expand on this thought for people who will actually read this and contemplate it, which probably won't include you or hockey puck, who already have their replies written out when they see I have posted something.

When I see a CBS 'news' reporter saying trump thought there was a terrorist attack in Sweden months after the fact, I can only assume he is either incompetent, or an unreasonable person, because I knew, seeing trump's speech live, he was referring to a segment on the Tucker Carlson show from the previous night, and he did not communicate it well.

For a person whose job it is to report the facts that is NOT a mistake. Me, as an everyday person, knew what the truth was. For him to report it in that way was either gross incompetence or deliberate. Either way, it not only taints him, but the whole news show that allowed him to mislead its audience like that. That is what we refer to as fake news. And it happens almost on a daily basis.

And it astounds me that supposedly intelligent journalists don't understand that when you twist words that way and are caught, it totally undermines your credibility on any other subject. That is what CNN is up against now. Only diehard unreasonables like bob-tel and hockey puck give CNN any credibility anymore. I, personally, don't give CBS any credibility, even though they canned Scott Pelley, who questioned trump's sanity on a 'News' Report. Or ABC 'News', anchored by Clinton's chief of staff, and who still has Brian Ross reporting.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 pm

And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn, who has subsequently pleaded guilty.
You know, bob-tel, we can have a little teaching moment here, though I doubt you are capable of learning.

I know what you meant when you wrote the above statement. You meant Comey, not Mueller. You made a mistake in communicating. Many of us do. Though it is much easier to miscommunicate what you mean in spoken communication than in written communication. In written communication, you have the opportunity to correct your miscommunication before anyone else sees it. When you speak it and it's recorded, that's it. It's out there.

Reasonable people try and understand the meaning of what people are communicating. Unreasonable people try and twist the meaning by playing around with the words and context of the communication. I could call you a fool because you think Mueller was fired. That would be wrong. You did not MEAN Mueller. You are a fool for many other reasons, but not that one.

trump sometimes does not communicate his meaning using the best words possible. But for us reasonable people, we know what he MEANS. When he does slip up, and he does so often, it provides an opportunity. We know what he meant to say, but we also know when unreasonable people like you try and twist his words and context to demonize him. And when you do that, it is easy to identify the unreasonable people.

A good example is when he said 'there are good people on both sides' about Charlottesville. No sane person believed he was saying any of the nazi sympathizers or white supremacists were good people. He was referring to the people who were there objecting to the removal of confederate statues and did not participate in any violence. Reasonable people gave him the benefit of the doubt on that, and later he did clarify that was what he meant. Unreasonable people still spout the lie that he sympathised with the nazis and/ or is a white supremacist himself, and use this incident as 'proof'. The people who still hold on to that are unreasonable people. You, bob-tel, were identified as one a long time ago.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

From Donny's history as a landlord, to his belief that grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about, to his utterly false statements about 9/11, to his birtherism with President Obama, to his references to shithole countries, it's clear that Donny's reference to the "good people" of Charlottesville wasn't a misstatement. It's a clear reflection of his character, as demonstrated by his behavior over decades. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

From Donny's history as a landlord, to his belief that grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about, to his utterly false statements about 9/11, to his birtherism with President Obama, to his references to shithole countries, it's clear that Donny's reference to the "good people" of Charlottesville wasn't a misstatement. It's a clear reflection of his character, as demonstrated by his behavior over decades. --Bob
Sorry bob-tel. I wasn't done communicating yet. But I see I was right. You wrote out your response before you even read what I posted. My bad, thinking you would even contemplate it.

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am

Let me get this straight. Trump "slips up" often but reasonable people like you know what he means to say and only unreasonable people believe what he actually says.

Well, at what point do you stop calling these "slip ups" and start acknowledging that he says what he says because he simply doesn't have the self-control most people do of censoring what he says to make them more politically palatable. Ironically, that's a lot of what makes him appealing to his base, because he says what he means. In the meantime, apologists like you try to rationalize what he says over and over again by parsing his words and playing games until you come up with some sort of "acceptable" meaning.

And you repeatedly call me on the carpet for "knowing" the Republican mindset while you have these magical powers of knowing Trump's mindset.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#33 Post by Estonut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 am

silverscreenselect wrote:And you repeatedly call me on the carpet for "knowing" the Republican mindset while you have these magical powers of knowing Trump's mindset.
There is no such thing as the "Republican mindset," you silly bunt.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:And you repeatedly call me on the carpet for "knowing" the Republican mindset while you have these magical powers of knowing Trump's mindset.
I never said there was a single Republican mindset. There are several, all of them fairly simple. That's how Donald Trump and Hannity can push their hot buttons (usually saying the words "Hillary Clinton" in and of themselves is enough to drive Republicans in a tizzy). That's the reason that complex conservative thinkers like George Will are abandoning the Republican Party.

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
I never said there was a single Republican mindset. There are several, all of them fairly simple. That's how Donald Trump and Hannity can push their hot buttons (usually saying the words "Hillary Clinton" in and of themselves is enough to drive Republicans in a tizzy). That's the reason that complex conservative thinkers like George Will are abandoning the Republican Party.
You know nothing, Hockey Puck.

silverscreenselect

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Estonut wrote:
I knew enough to figure you would say pretty much exactly what you did.

flockofseagulls104

#37 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I knew enough to figure you would say pretty much exactly what you did.
Riiiiiight.

flockofseagulls104

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:39 am

As far as I can tell, Rosenstien and Mueller are still at their jobs. A couple of weeks ago the MSM media was full of stories about how Rosenstien and/or Mueller were about to be fired, complete with several stories from another unnamed source that said Rosenstien was fully prepared to be fired.

Journalism is dead. Speculation is not news and is not the job of serious journalists. Unfortunately we have very few serious journalists anymore. I think this qualifies as FAKE NEWS.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#39 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:As far as I can tell, Rosenstien and Mueller are still at their jobs. A couple of weeks ago the MSM media was full of stories about how Rosenstien and/or Mueller were about to be fired, complete with several stories from another unnamed source that said Rosenstien was fully prepared to be fired.

Journalism is dead. Speculation is not news and is not the job of serious journalists. Unfortunately we have very few serious journalists anymore. I think this qualifies as FAKE NEWS.
I'm just sure as all get-out that it's a coincidence the talk from the White House died down the very second Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein told Donny that he wasn't a target of the investigation.

You know that motto that the Washington Post has adopted, "Democracy Dies in Darkness"? Just how do you think it works? Someone leaked the deliberations, Congressional Republicans made it clear that this would be a bridge too far for them, and like any bully does when faced with actual opposition, Donny backed down. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 am

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:As far as I can tell, Rosenstien and Mueller are still at their jobs. A couple of weeks ago the MSM media was full of stories about how Rosenstien and/or Mueller were about to be fired, complete with several stories from another unnamed source that said Rosenstien was fully prepared to be fired.

I'm just sure as all get-out that the talk from the White House died down the very second Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein told Donny that he wasn't a target of the investigation.

You know that motto that the Washington Post has adopted, "Democracy Dies in Darkness"? Just how do you think it works? Someone leaked the deliberations, Congressional Republicans made it clear that this would be a bridge too far for them, and like any bully does when faced with actual opposition, Donny backed down. --Bob
Sure, bob-tel. Whatever you say.

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:49 am

Bob78164 wrote:

I'm just sure as all get-out that the talk from the White House died down the very second Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein told Donny that he wasn't a target of the investigation.

Flock, your willful ignorance of what happens in this world continues to astound me. But it does help to explain why Trump has that 30% core level of support that's probably never going away.

flockofseagulls104

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm just sure as all get-out
= FACT

bob-tel's mantra.

flockofseagulls104

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm just sure as all get-out that the talk from the White House died down the very second Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein told Donny that he wasn't a target of the investigation.

Flock, your willful ignorance of what happens in this world continues to astound me. But it does help to explain why Trump has that 30% core level of support that's probably never going away.
Says the assclown who bases his entire worldview on racism.

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Says the assclown who bases his entire worldview on racism.
Flock, you're the kind of guy who could lose 100 straight games of pool to a hustler and convince yourself it was all due to coincidence and bad luck, then rack 'em up again for game 101.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#45 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Damn. That's not what I meant to write. I've now corrected my original post. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

I'm just sure as all get-out that it's a coincidence the talk from the White House died down the very second Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein told Donny that he wasn't a target of the investigation.

The 'talk from the White House'? I heard no talk from any official White Hourse source on the subject of firing either Rosenstein for Mueller. Might have missed it. Not even tweets suggesting it.

No, bob-tel. The speculation from the media quoting sources they won't name that has turned out to be completely false died down once trump said he had no intention of firing either of them. But, of course, you want to believe the unnamed sources rather than the ultimate source.

Here's some real news with an actual named source.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html

silverscreenselect

#47 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Here's some real news with an actual named source.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html
I would put statements from Donald Trump at about the same level of reliability as unnamed sources in the National Enquirer.

I wouldn't expect you to understand that a lot of the time the Trump staff leaks stories because that's the only way they can get him to pay attention to them. They don't cover that on Hannity Broadcasting, which is your primary news source.

flockofseagulls104

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 am

I wouldn't expect you to understand that a lot of the time the Trump staff leaks stories because that's the only way they can get him to pay attention to them.
Where did you get that information from? Another unnamed source? Seems like they are pretty immature and petulant if what you say is true, which it probably isn't.

The leakers are by definition doing something dishonest. They are not 'whistle-blowers'. They are doing it for malicious reasons. But they feed into your bigotted narrative, so you lap it up like a thirsty dog.

Look, hockey puck, bob-tel can answer the posts that I direct to him, he doesn't need your help to think up patronizing, juvenile responses that avoid the main point. He does that very well on his own. You can answer the posts I direct to you.

silverscreenselect

#49 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:02 am

I wouldn't expect you to understand that a lot of the time the Trump staff leaks stories because that's the only way they can get him to pay attention to them.
Where did you get that information from? Another unnamed source? Seems like they are pretty immature and petulant if what you say is true, which it probably isn't.

The leakers are by definition doing something dishonest. They are not 'whistle-blowers'. They are doing it for malicious reasons. But they feed into your bigotted narrative, so you lap it up like a thirsty dog.

Look, hockey puck, bob-tel can answer the posts that I direct to him, he doesn't need your help to think up patronizing, juvenile responses that avoid the main point. He does that very well on his own. You can answer the posts I direct to you.
I would suggest that you read any of the large number of articles that have been written by various experts on journalism since the flood of Trump leaks have emerged to get a better idea of how leaking works in modern-day Washington. It's very clear that Trump's staff leaks things to try to get his attention and, in some cases, keep him from doing some very stupid things (like firing Mueller). You continue to choose to be willfully ignorant of what's going on and exclusively fall back on "sources" like Hannity and Fox News. Then, when the Mueller hammer does fall, you'll wonder why you had no idea what was coming.

flockofseagulls104

#50 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 am

I would suggest that you read any of the large number of articles that have been written by various experts on journalism since the flood of Trump leaks have emerged to get a better idea of how leaking works in modern-day Washington. It's very clear that Trump's staff leaks things to try to get his attention and, in some cases, keep him from doing some very stupid things (like firing Mueller). You continue to choose to be willfully ignorant of what's going on and exclusively fall back on "sources" like Hannity and Fox News. Then, when the Mueller hammer does fall, you'll wonder why you had no idea what was coming.
I don't see anything related to this subject is 'very clear' except your obsession with hannity and refusal to see anything beyond the end of your nose.

(That is an old expression that means that you are very closed minded. But if you want to use it to accuse me of being some kind of -ist, knock yourself out, hockey puck.)