New ABC Schedule Announced

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

New ABC Schedule Announced

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 15, 2018 11:57 am

As always, subject to change, and there will be more new shows at mid-year. Saturday night is college football.

MONDAY

8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 The Good Doctor

TUESDAY

8:00 Roseanne
8:30 The Kids are Alright (NEW)
9:00 Blackish
9:30 Splitting Up Together
10:00 The Rookie (NEW)

WEDNESDAY

8:00 The Goldbergs
8:30 American Housewife
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 Single Parents (NEW)
10:00 A Million Little Things (NEW)

THURSDAY

8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 Station 19
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY

8:00 Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 Speechless
9:00 Child Support
10:00 20/20

SUNDAY

7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Dancing with the Stars: Junior (NEW)
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 The Alec Baldwin Show (NEW)

Dancing with the Stars Junior is exactly what it sounds like, the same show with younger celebrity contestants doing ballroom dancing. The Alec Baldwin Show is an interview show. As for the other new shows:

A MILLION LITTLE THINGS - ABC's attempt to rip off This Is Us. A group of long time Boston friends feel stuck in their lives until one of them dies unexpectedly. David Giuntoli from Grimm and Ron Livingston head an ensemble cast.

THE ROOKIE - Nathan Fillion becomes the oldest rookie officer in the LAPD.

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT - About an Irish Catholic working class family in 1970's Los Angeles.

SINGLE PARENTS - Just what it sounds like. A group of single parents trying to raise a bunch of seven-year-olds who are in the same class.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette, For the People, and American Idol will return after the first of the year. Marvel's Agents of Shield will return in summer of 2019 for a shortened run. Designated Survivor, The Crossing, Deception, Kevin Probably Saves the World, The Mayor, Quantico, Marvel's Inhumans, and Alex, Inc., have been cancelled. Scandal, Once Upon a Time, and The Middle concluded this season.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: New ABC Schedule Announced

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm glad to see that Marvel's Agents of Shield will be coming back. I'll be interested to see whether, and how, they integrate the series into the developments that occurred in Avengers: Infinity War. I'm guessing we'll start to see that in the season finale. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm glad to see that Marvel's Agents of Shield will be coming back. I'll be interested to see whether, and how, they integrate the series into the developments that occurred in Avengers: Infinity War. I'm guessing we'll start to see that in the season finale. --Bob
They've already started - there have been mentions of Thanos and things going on in NYC. Plus Talbot (Graviton) said he wanted to go fight alongside the Avengers. What will be worth waiting for is to see who survived and who was turned to ash.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm

earendel wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm glad to see that Marvel's Agents of Shield will be coming back. I'll be interested to see whether, and how, they integrate the series into the developments that occurred in Avengers: Infinity War. I'm guessing we'll start to see that in the season finale. --Bob
They've already started - there have been mentions of Thanos and things going on in NYC. Plus Talbot (Graviton) said he wanted to go fight alongside the Avengers. What will be worth waiting for is to see
Spoiler
who survived and who was turned to ash
That's what I had in mind. I just thought there might be people interested in the movie who haven't yet seen it. Perhaps you'd care to add a spoiler to your post? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
earendel wrote:
They've already started - there have been mentions of Thanos and things going on in NYC. Plus Talbot (Graviton) said he wanted to go fight alongside the Avengers. What will be worth waiting for is to see
Spoiler
That's what I had in mind. I just thought there might be people interested in the movie who haven't yet seen it. Perhaps you'd care to add a spoiler to your post? --Bob
Anyone who's managed to avoid the spoilers is probably not interested in the movie.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 am

earendel wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
earendel wrote: They've already started - there have been mentions of Thanos and things going on in NYC. Plus Talbot (Graviton) said he wanted to go fight alongside the Avengers. What will be worth waiting for is to see
Spoiler
Anyone who's managed to avoid the spoilers is probably not interested in the movie.

Not necessarily. I can't always rush right out and see something, for several reasons...sometimes it does take a good month or so to grab a day out.

Luckily in this case I HAVE seen the movie.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 am

Aaaannnnndd...

The only show left on ABC for me is Speechless...and Agents of Shield which apparently won't run until summer of 2019.

None of these "new" shows are in the least bit tempting.

My projected major network viewing time is rapidly fading away like that picture of the three McFly kids in Back To The Future.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am

Word now is that Netflix is looking to bring back Designated Survivor.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com