CBS Unveils Fall Schedule

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

CBS Unveils Fall Schedule

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 am

Due to the large number of cancellations and the fact they don't have any football nights this fall, CBS has more holes to fill than the other networks and more new series (although two of them aren't all that new):

MONDAY

8:00 The Neighborhood (NEW)
8:30 Happy Together (NEW)
9:00 Magnum, PI (NEW)
10:00 Bull

TUESDAY

8:00 NCIS
9:00 FBI (NEW)
10:00 NCIS New Orleans

WEDNESDAY

8:00 Survivor
9:00 SEAL Team
10:00 Criminal Minds

THURSDAY

8:00 Big Bang Theory
8:30 Young Sheldon
9:00 Mom
9:30 Murphy Brown (NEW)
10:00 SWAT

FRIDAY

8:00 MacGyver
9:00 Hawaii 5-0
10:00 Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

8:00 Crimetime Saturday
10:00 48 Hours

SUNDAY

7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 God Friended Me (NEW)
9:00 NCIS Los Angeles
10:00 Madam Secretary

Murphy Brown is a reboot of the original series (Murphy now hosts a morning cable network show with her TV son as host of a rival show) with most of the surviving cast members. Magnum PI is a remake with Jay Hernandez as Magnum and a female Higgins. Other new series:

HAPPY TOGETHER: A pop music star moves in with an "older" (as in 30ish) ordinary married couple, with Damon Wayans Jr. as the husband.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD: An easy-going guy from the Midwest moves to LA where he learns that his new neighbors, including Cedric the Entertainer, don't like his overly friendly lifestyle.

FBI: From Dick Wolf, cases of the New York City FBI office (don't expect to see Efrem Zimbalist Jr.)

GOD FRIENDED ME: A 21st Century Touched by an Angel, as an avowed atheist gets a friend request from God on social media.

Man with a Plan, Life in Pieces, Instinct, Ransom, and Elementary will be back after the first of the year. Kevin Can Wait, Scorpion, 9JKL, Living Biblically, Wisdom of the Crowd, and Superior Donuts have been cancelled. No word yet on Code Black.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

Re: CBS Unveils Fall Schedule

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am

Now that I have seen this fall's schedule from the four major networks, I have to say I can't remember being less enthused about the new group of series from the networks. Everything seems like a tenth generation copy of stuff that's been floating around for years. The only two new shows on any of the four networks that might be worthwhile are FBI (because it comes from Dick Wolf so it might be more about actual case work than the love lives of the cast) and Manifest (if they can find some storylines that sustain the premise).

Fortunately, there are some winter and spring shows that seem more promising.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mrkelley23

#3 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Due to the large number of cancellations and the fact they don't have any football nights this fall, CBS has more holes to fill than the other networks and more new series (although two of them aren't all that new):

MONDAY

8:00 The Neighborhood (NEW)
8:30 Happy Together (NEW)
9:00 Magnum, PI (NEW)
10:00 Bull

TUESDAY

8:00 NCIS
9:00 FBI (NEW)
10:00 NCIS New Orleans

WEDNESDAY

8:00 Survivor
9:00 SEAL Team
10:00 Criminal Minds

THURSDAY

8:00 Big Bang Theory
8:30 Young Sheldon
9:00 Mom
9:30 Murphy Brown (NEW)
10:00 SWAT

FRIDAY

8:00 MacGyver
9:00 Hawaii 5-0
10:00 Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

8:00 Crimetime Saturday
10:00 48 Hours

SUNDAY

7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 God Friended Me (NEW)
9:00 NCIS Los Angeles
10:00 Madam Secretary

Murphy Brown is a reboot of the original series (Murphy now hosts a morning cable network show with her TV son as host of a rival show) with most of the surviving cast members. Magnum PI is a remake with Jay Hernandez as Magnum and a female Higgins. Other new series:

HAPPY TOGETHER: A pop music star moves in with an "older" (as in 30ish) ordinary married couple, with Damon Wayans Jr. as the husband.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD: An easy-going guy from the Midwest moves to LA where he learns that his new neighbors, including Cedric the Entertainer, don't like his overly friendly lifestyle.

FBI: From Dick Wolf, cases of the New York City FBI office (don't expect to see Efrem Zimbalist Jr.)

GOD FRIENDED ME: A 21st Century Touched by an Angel, as an avowed atheist gets a friend request from God on social media.

Man with a Plan, Life in Pieces, Instinct, Ransom, and Elementary will be back after the first of the year. Kevin Can Wait, Scorpion, 9JKL, Living Biblically, Wisdom of the Crowd, and Superior Donuts have been cancelled. No word yet on Code Black.

Bump
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Sat May 26, 2018 7:59 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:No word yet on Code Black.
I read that CBS announced on Thursday that Season 4 of Code Black is not to be. It has been cancelled. Another bummer.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a handful of actors/actresses who continually get new shows, when their old ones die? I'm looking at you, Matt LeBlanc, Kevin James<?>, and the guy from that one show with David Spade, who showed up on Nashville, and I think I saw him on something new-ish recently. And probably a few others I can't remember now.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 am

If you were a fan of Murphy Brown in the past, the trailer for the new series is hilarious. Grant Shaud is seriously underrated as a comedic actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGn-OXaBV68
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.