Anyone still here who

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Anyone still here who

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am

has a point of contact for Kusch? (Dave Kuschel) I received a series of rather odd FB messages from him that lead me to suspect he's been hacked.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Anyone still here who

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 am

tlynn78 wrote:has a point of contact for Kusch? (Dave Kuschel) I received a series of rather odd FB messages from him that lead me to suspect he's been hacked.
I don't know about kusch, but many people have configured their profiles here to alert them via e-mail when they get a PM. Have you tried that? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:has a point of contact for Kusch? (Dave Kuschel) I received a series of rather odd FB messages from him that lead me to suspect he's been hacked.
I don't know about kusch, but many people have configured their profiles here to alert them via e-mail when they get a PM. Have you tried that? --Bob
Ill give it a shot.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

We'll see if that works. Weird exchange, including typos, below:

(D)Hello
How are you doing
(me) Hey, how's it going, (etc - thinking it's really Dave)
(D) I'm doing great and good to hear from you too hope you have heard from them yet CDR
(me-catching on) CDR?
(D) Community Development resources
They are a new organization helping individual and company with grant money
New initiative by the government to improve standard of living
Have you heard from them yet
(me) no
(D) Oh I thought you have been contacted already because I saw your name among the grant winners list
When the delivery officer brought my grant money to me
Did you received a call or text message from them of late ?
(me) No, and I haven't applied for any grants.
(D) Is a grant money every tax payers entitled to claim and make use of and it is not a loan and you are not paying the grant money
Have they got in touch with you yet?
(me) Nope
(D) Ok let me check if I still have the claim officer contact with me for you
(347)560-8641 this is the claim officer contact just send them a text message saying you want to claim your financial assistance
Do that right away and let me know how it goes Okay

I did not "do that right away."
Dave and the missus look good in the accompanying photo, though.

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pm

I saw that someone on fb alerted Kuschel, so hoping he got it fixed.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm

That's an old hacky thing. I had gotten those pre-deletion.
Well, then

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Beebs52 wrote:That's an old hacky thing. I had gotten those pre-deletion.
So you're saying I shouldn't be expecting a delivery/claim officer to show up with my money from a new organization/new government initiative for the grant for which I did not apply? Damn.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 pm

I just got another message checking to see if I reached them yet. Sorely tempted to screw with him.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
So you're saying I shouldn't be expecting a delivery/claim officer to show up with my money from a new organization/new government initiative for the grant for which I did not apply? Damn.
Only if they come to my house first.
Well, then

mrkelley23

#10 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Only if they come to my house first.

Bump
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Chukwuma Charles Soludo
Merry Man

#11 Post by Chukwuma Charles Soludo » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 am

Have I ever mentioned I'm the best bridge player in Nigeri..... er, North Dakota?
How dare they!