Is just a little competence too much to ask?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Re: Is just a little competence too much to ask?

#51 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

When Trump spoke to the press yesterday, he suggested pardoning Muhammad Ali. Ali's family quickly pointed out that his conviction was overturned and he doesn't need a pardon. The White House is also reviewing pardon applications of thousands of people who aren't famous and don't have celebrity sponsors. Then Trump made an interesting offer: he wants all the anthem protesters to send him the names of people treated unfairly by the criminal justice system, and the administration will review their cases.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#52 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:There's lots more that I'm sure you can find. If you want someone else to do the work for you, perhaps SSS or another interested party on the Bored might care to do so. I'm still crazy busy at work so I don't have time to pull together the research. --Bob
If you can't back up what you say, then quit saying it. You try to get everyone else to show proof (even someone else's state of mind), yet you provide nothing. You are nothing but a mouthpiece.
No, I will not shut up, as you and flock keep trying to get me to do. I have a paying job that demands a whole bunch of my time and focus right now. The evidence of collusion between the campaign and Russia is extensive and growing, but I'm not going to take the time right now to chase it down. (Here's a hint: Why did the House Intelligence Committee refuse to subpoena Donny, Jr.'s, phone records?) If you want to take the definitive position that it doesn't exist, then go ahead and say so (as you have) and when I have the hour or two (or someone else does) necessary to assemble it, I'll prove you don't know what you're talking about. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Today's news should put an end to this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/special ... -news.html
I wonder how this Russian got out of the country when he was under FBI investigation.
When did he leave? Apparently his whereabouts are unknown.
My bad... I misread an earlier article in which it indicated that Kilimnik left the Ukraine for somewhere in Russia. Their investigation into Manafort conveniently seems to have bogged down right around the time Trump made a decision to send them some missiles.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... tigations/
In another move seeming to hinder Mueller’s investigation, Ukrainian law enforcement allowed a potential witness to possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to leave for Russia, putting him out of reach for questioning.

The special counsel’s office has identified the man, Konstantin Kilimnik, Manafort’s former office manager in Kiev, as tied to a Russian intelligence agency. Kilimnik was also under investigation in Ukraine in connection with espionage, but no charges were filed before he left the country, after June. During the 2016 campaign, Kilimnik met twice with Manafort. In December, a court filing in the United States said Kilimnik was “currently based in Russia.”
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#54 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:There's lots more that I'm sure you can find. If you want someone else to do the work for you, perhaps SSS or another interested party on the Bored might care to do so. I'm still crazy busy at work so I don't have time to pull together the research. --Bob
If you can't back up what you say, then quit saying it. You try to get everyone else to show proof (even someone else's state of mind), yet you provide nothing. You are nothing but a mouthpiece.
No, I will not shut up, as you and flock keep trying to get me to do. I have a paying job that demands a whole bunch of my time and focus right now. The evidence of collusion between the campaign and Russia is extensive and growing, but I'm not going to take the time right now to chase it down. (Here's a hint: Why did the House Intelligence Committee refuse to subpoena Donny, Jr.'s, phone records?) If you want to take the definitive position that it doesn't exist, then go ahead and say so (as you have) and when I have the hour or two (or someone else does) necessary to assemble it, I'll prove you don't know what you're talking about. --Bob
Why does someone else have to do your research when it's inconvenient for your argument? Sorta l8ke Jayz lyrics...
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#55 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Why does someone else have to do your research when it's inconvenient for your argument? Sorta l8ke Jayz lyrics...
And I bumped that thread and when I have time, I'll respond. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 pm

BackInTex wrote: The original indictment on Manafort had nothing to do with Trump or the campaign. The fact that he may have tried to tamper witnesses related to that charge still has nothing to do with Trump or the Trump campaign. Nothing.
The only reason this indictment became public now is because there's a bail revocation hearing for Manafort next week and this is a centerpiece of the proceedings.

Mueller and his investigation don't leak. Every move they have made has been a surprise.

It's one thing for a person who is potentially under investigation to point out that there has been no "proof" of guilt. It's another for people to put blind faith in Trump despite the overwhelming amount of material that's come out, much of which has been independently confirmed. It's not as if there's anything in his background or conduct to indicate that he is the least bit trustworthy.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Here's a story putting the lie to the claim that there's no evidence of collusion. And let's not forget that we also know that Guccifer 2.0 was, in fact, Russian intelligence. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#58 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:No, I will not shut up, as you and flock keep trying to get me to do. I have a paying job that demands a whole bunch of my time and focus right now. The evidence of collusion between the campaign and Russia is extensive and growing, but I'm not going to take the time right now to chase it down. (Here's a hint: Why did the House Intelligence Committee refuse to subpoena Donny, Jr.'s, phone records?) If you want to take the definitive position that it doesn't exist, then go ahead and say so (as you have) and when I have the hour or two (or someone else does) necessary to assemble it, I'll prove you don't know what you're talking about. --Bob
Who cares? Old news
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Why does someone else have to do your research when it's inconvenient for your argument? Sorta l8ke Jayz lyrics...
Who cares? Old news
I do. You asked a fair question, you did the work I requested, and you're entitled to a response. I'm taking responsibility for giving you one. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#60 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And I bumped that thread and when I have time, I'll respond. --Bob
Who cares? Old news
I do. You asked a fair question, you did the work I requested, and you're entitled to a response. I'm taking responsibility for giving you one. --Bob
Excuse me? I did the work YOU requested? I did the "work" to point out your strange inability to assume responsibility for your own arguments. Sweetcheeks, I don't do YOUR work.
Tone deaf much?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#61 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Who cares? Old news
Excuse me? I did the work YOU requested? I did the "work" to point out your strange inability to assume responsibility for your own arguments. Sweetcheeks, I don't do YOUR work.
Tone deaf much?
Tgirl said some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I said, "Which ones do you have in mind?" I wasn't going to address his entire body of work, and I didn't think it was a fair response to find some random Jay-Z lyric and say, "You see? No one could think that's misogynistic." You pointed some out, presumably because you consider them examples of his misogyny. You're not Tgirl, but I didn't see her say that she disagreed with you that the lyrics you selected are an appropriate example, so I'll respond when I've got a bit of time. --Bob

BackInTex

#62 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Here's a story putting the lie to the claim that there's no evidence of collusion. And let's not forget that we also know that Guccifer 2.0 was, in fact, Russian intelligence. --Bob
LOL. Really? There is more substantial evidence Bill Clinton is a sexual predator, likely pedophile, and that his wife, the woman you voted for to be President, was complicit in all of his sexual escapades.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#63 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Here's a story putting the lie to the claim that there's no evidence of collusion. And let's not forget that we also know that Guccifer 2.0 was, in fact, Russian intelligence. --Bob
LOL. Really? There is more substantial evidence Bill Clinton is a sexual predator, likely pedophile, and that his wife, the woman you voted for to be President, was complicit in all of his sexual escapades.
You said there was no evidence at all. This story, and the evidence it describes, says you're wrong. Not biting on whataboutism -- this is about whether Donny and his campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power to win the election. His foreign policy, as illustrated at G7, is certainly making Russian dreams come true.

And why didn't the House Intelligence Committee want to know who Donny, Jr., was calling at that blocked number? It seems like kind of an obvious question for any good-faith investigator to ask. --Bob

BackInTex

#64 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
You said there was no evidence at all. This story, and the evidence it describes, says you're wrong. Not biting on whataboutism -- this is about whether Donny and his campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power to win the election. His foreign policy, as illustrated at G7, is certainly making Russian dreams come true.

And why didn't the House Intelligence Committee want to know who Donny, Jr., was calling at that blocked number? It seems like kind of an obvious question for any good-faith investigator to ask. --Bob
I never said whatabout. Quit using that term to dismiss others' comments. I simply compared the "evidence" in both cases and said Clinton is more likely a pedophile than Trump colluded. And the evidence is that you are O.K. with that.

You are a Superman lawyer, for sure, able to leap across wide circumstances in a single bound to call them "evidence". Or maybe you're Stretch Armstrong.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#65 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I do. You asked a fair question, you did the work I requested, and you're entitled to a response. I'm taking responsibility for giving you one. --Bob
Tone deaf much?
Tgirl said some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I said, "Which ones do you have in mind?" I wasn't going to address his entire body of work, and I didn't think it was a fair response to find some random Jay-Z lyric and say, "You see? No one could think that's misogynistic." You pointed some out, presumably because you consider them examples of his misogyny. You're not Tgirl, but I didn't see her say that she disagreed with you that the lyrics you selected are an appropriate example, so I'll respond when I've got a bit of time. --Bob
Could you please address my evaluation of your comment re: work.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Tone deaf much?
I did. Twice. Tgirl said that some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I wasn't going to guess which lyrics she had in mind, so I asked her to point them out. That wasn't a work issue. You did what Tgirl wouldn't by pointing out specific lyrics. I promised a response and I still owe you that response. That is a work issue. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#67 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:05 pm

BackInTex wrote:I simply compared the "evidence" in both cases and said Clinton is more likely a pedophile than Trump colluded. And the evidence is that you are O.K. with that.
That's pretty much the definition of whataboutism -- trying to change the subject from the guy who's actually in office now to other perceived problems from the past. And there really is no evidence at all (that I've ever heard) that Bill Clinton was or is a pedophile. Or that Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring from a Maryland pizza parlor (which subsequently got shot up by someone who actually believed the bullshit).

You claimed there's no evidence Trump colluded. You're wrong. There's evidence. You may not choose to find it persuasive, but there's evidence. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#68 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Tgirl said some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I said, "Which ones do you have in mind?" I wasn't going to address his entire body of work, and I didn't think it was a fair response to find some random Jay-Z lyric and say, "You see? No one could think that's misogynistic." You pointed some out, presumably because you consider them examples of his misogyny. You're not Tgirl, but I didn't see her say that she disagreed with you that the lyrics you selected are an appropriate example, so I'll respond when I've got a bit of time. --Bob
I did. Twice. Tgirl said that some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I wasn't going to guess which lyrics she had in mind, so I asked her to point them out. That wasn't a work issue. You did what Tgirl wouldn't by pointing out specific lyrics. I promised a response and I still owe you that response. That is a work issue. --Bob
You do love to ignore the question.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#69 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Perhaps I'm not understanding you. What question are you trying to ask? --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#70 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I did. Twice. Tgirl said that some unspecified Jay-Z lyrics are misogynistic. I wasn't going to guess which lyrics she had in mind, so I asked her to point them out. That wasn't a work issue. You did what Tgirl wouldn't by pointing out specific lyrics. I promised a response and I still owe you that response. That is a work issue. --Bob
Perhaps I'm not understanding you. What question are you trying to ask? --Bob
Figure it out. No googling necessary.
Well, then

jarnon

#71 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Or that Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring from a Maryland pizza parlor (which subsequently got shot up by someone who actually believed the bullshit).
The pizza shop was the wrong location. It’s really in a camp in the Arizona desert.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#72 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:40 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Or that Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring from a Maryland pizza parlor (which subsequently got shot up by someone who actually believed the bullshit).
The pizza shop was the wrong location. It’s really in a camp in the Arizona desert.
Republican pedophiles don't hide in the desert. They run for the Senate in Alabama.

silverscreenselect

#73 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:48 pm

jarnon wrote:When Trump spoke to the press yesterday, he suggested pardoning Muhammad Ali. Ali's family quickly pointed out that his conviction was overturned and he doesn't need a pardon. The White House is also reviewing pardon applications of thousands of people who aren't famous and don't have celebrity sponsors. Then Trump made an interesting offer: he wants all the anthem protesters to send him the names of people treated unfairly by the criminal justice system, and the administration will review their cases.

tlynn78

#74 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
No, I will not shut up, as you and flock keep trying to get me to do. I have a paying job that demands a whole bunch of my time and focus right now. The evidence of collusion between the Hillary campaign and Russia is extensive and growing, but I'm not going to take the time right now to chase it down. (Here's a hint: Why did the House Intelligence Committee refuse to subpoena Donny, Jr.'s, phone records?) If you want to take the definitive position that it doesn't exist, then go ahead and say so (as you have) and when I have the hour or two (or someone else does) necessary to assemble it, I'll prove you don't know what you're talking about. --Bob
Fixed it for you.
I suspect Bob's "busy" is a lot like my grandson's appetite: he's too full for meals but has plenty of space for dessert.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#75 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: Just quit it. The ONLY collusion with Russia was the DNC paying for that fake dossier.
I've got to get some system organized so that I can bring back quotes like this from you, Flock, and the like in a few weeks when the indictments and arrests start to roll in.
Don't ask Bob for help. He's busy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire