SMDH

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

SMDH

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I love my new job. Really. Far more than I anticipated I would. My least favorite part is having to manage 20+ people under me. I had an employee ask for overtime this weekend, so she can 'get her work done.' I told her no, and reminded her I'd removed some of her duties to accommodate her 'busy' time of year for the next couple of months, specifically so she'd have time to do her more pressing work. Today, I get an email, that had to have taken at least 20 minutes to put together, entitled, "A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted). I swear, as God is my witness, these are some of the things she listed: "turned my computer on" and "grabbed paper for printer" "checked personal email" and "checked personal voicemail." Yes. in an email to her boss, intended to show how hard she works, she listed checking personal email and voicemail messages. She also listed two breaks in the a.m., one of 15 minutes and one of ten. She is a union member, and as such, is entitled to one 15m break in the a.m. and one in the p.m.
I told her I was amazed she had time to compile a list, given how busy she is, told her she'd be docked for the extra break, and then shared my idea to job shadow her one day. That'll be fun.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: SMDH

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

:roll:
Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm

tlynn78 wrote:"A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted).
I'm glad you clarified that because anyone could go on LinkedIn and look up <*> who works for Yellowstone County. I'd hate for <*> Davis to get a bad reputation because she got confused with someone else.

8)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Linus's Boss
Merry Man

#4 Post by Linus's Boss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

tlynn78 wrote:I love my new job. Really. Far more than I anticipated I would. My least favorite part is having to manage 20+ people under me. I had an employee ask for overtime this weekend, so she can 'get her work done.' I told her no, and reminded her I'd removed some of her duties to accommodate her 'busy' time of year for the next couple of months, specifically so she'd have time to do her more pressing work. Today, I get an email, that had to have taken at least 20 minutes to put together, entitled, "A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted). I swear, as God is my witness, these are some of the things she listed: "turned my computer on" and "grabbed paper for printer" "checked personal email" and "checked personal voicemail." Yes. in an email to her boss, intended to show how hard she works, she listed checking personal email and voicemail messages. She also listed two breaks in the a.m., one of 15 minutes and one of ten. She is a union member, and as such, is entitled to one 15m break in the a.m. and one in the p.m.
I told her I was amazed she had time to compile a list, given how busy she is, told her she'd be docked for the extra break, and then shared my idea to job shadow her one day. That'll be fun.

She's got spunk.

I hate spunk.
Get off that message board and get back to WORK!!!!

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 am

Linus's Boss wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:I love my new job. Really. Far more than I anticipated I would. My least favorite part is having to manage 20+ people under me. I had an employee ask for overtime this weekend, so she can 'get her work done.' I told her no, and reminded her I'd removed some of her duties to accommodate her 'busy' time of year for the next couple of months, specifically so she'd have time to do her more pressing work. Today, I get an email, that had to have taken at least 20 minutes to put together, entitled, "A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted). I swear, as God is my witness, these are some of the things she listed: "turned my computer on" and "grabbed paper for printer" "checked personal email" and "checked personal voicemail." Yes. in an email to her boss, intended to show how hard she works, she listed checking personal email and voicemail messages. She also listed two breaks in the a.m., one of 15 minutes and one of ten. She is a union member, and as such, is entitled to one 15m break in the a.m. and one in the p.m.

She's got spunk.

I hate spunk.
Exactly! lol
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire