Pruitt is out

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Pruitt is out

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 pm

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has resigned. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

elwoodblues

Re: Pruitt is out

#2 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:42 pm

I realize that he was forced out for being cartoon-villain-level corrupt rather than for being a wildly inappropriate choice for that position in the first place. But would it be too much to ask for the next EPA chief to be someone who is actually interested in protecting the environment?

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Bye, Felicia.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:50 pm

How this will affect the 15 ongoing investigations into Pruitt’s corruption isn’t clear.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Here's his resignation letter:
Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Your Faithful Friend,

Scott Pruitt
What "improved environmental outcomes"? :(

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:00 pm

However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.
Yup.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:15 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.
Yup.
A corrupt politician complaining that he's paying a personal toll because his corruption is triggering pushback? Color me unsympathetic. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Yup.
I nominate Kristin Mink for sainthood.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Yup.
Accountability is tough, especially in the Trump administration.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Yup.

Tell me about it! Previously is was a cake walk.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 pm

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:43 am

BackInTex wrote:
Yup.

Tell me about it! Previously is was a cake walk.
It's interesting that many of your instances of the media "ignoring" supposed scandals were reported by The Washington Post or NBC News or other mainstream outlets. Of those coming from the usual right wing sources, some of the "scandals" were highly questionable and poorly sourced slantings of events like a recommendation that elementary school students become more aware of energy wasting.

And none of these "scandals" resulted in a single federal ethics investigation, let alone the 18 that were ongoing at the time of Pruitt's resignation.

Scott Pruitt may have a right to be upset that others in the Trump administration have so far been able to skate for similar excesses to those that brought him down, but that's like the bank robber who gets caught blaming the cops who let the others get away.

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:27 am

And none of these "scandals" resulted in a single federal ethics investigation, let alone the 18 that were ongoing at the time of Pruitt's resignation.
LOL. THAT is part of the problem, a complete lack of federal ethics in the previous administration.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Fireball

#14 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 am

elwoodblues wrote:But would it be too much to ask for the next EPA chief to be someone who is actually interested in protecting the environment?
Not in the current administration. They're only interested in raping God's planet purely for profit.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:19 am

BackInTex wrote: LOL. THAT is part of the problem, a complete lack of federal ethics in the previous administration.
I think you need to look up the definition of ethics.

How many of those 43 alleged "ethical" violations had to do with either policy decisions that right wingers disagreed with or instances of supposed incompetence? Neither of those is an ethical violation, along the lines of, say, asking your staff to find a high paying job for your wife or renting apartments at steep discounts from lobbyists, the sort of things Pruitt is accused of.

If we were compiling a list of bad decisions by Pruitt, you'd have a lot more than 16 entries.

Jeemie

#16 Post by Jeemie » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:42 am

Yup.
Yeah.

How dare the media report on all of Pruitt's improper acts and back them up with factual evidence?

That's not fair because we know Donald Trump picks only the best.

Drainin' that Swamp!
1979 City of Champions 2009

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:25 am

BackInTex wrote:
LOL. THAT is part of the problem, a complete lack of federal ethics in the previous administration.
More whataboutism (and in this case factually baseless). --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:13 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
More whataboutism (and in this case factually baseless). --Bob
We know. democrats and liberals are all the most noble, squeaky clean people the earth has ever produced with nothing but the most altruistic motivations. Anyone who isn't is a disgusting lying creep. So it's patriotic to personally attack, harass and smear them. Ask Aunt Maxine.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:42 am

Yes, He was the worst EPA Chief in history

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/09/us/color ... index.html

More whataboutism, eh, bob-tel?

But, of course, nobody suffered any consequences in the obama admin, because they all had good intentions.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro ... mine-spill

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Yes, He was the worst EPA Chief in history

But, of course, nobody suffered any consequences in the obama admin, because they all had good intentions.

Yes, it is.

And what Pruitt deliberately did to the environment will last far longer, and affect far more people, than one accidental spill that shut down use of a river for a couple of weeks. Hell, the Colorado spill doesn't even compare to what the government of Michigan did to the citizens of Flint. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Yes, it is.

And what Pruitt deliberately did to the environment will last far longer, and affect far more people, than one accidental spill that shut down use of a river for a couple of weeks. Hell, the Colorado spill doesn't even compare to what the government of Michigan did to the citizens of Flint. --Bob
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a piece of work, bob-tel.

This is what people like you do. Working either internally inside the government or for leftist law firms, they dream up any kind of baseless accusation they can think of with no proof and file complaints against their target. Like talking about the emoluments clause before trump was even inaugurated. The pressure gets so bad, and it would be so expensive for the target to try and defend him/herself, so they give up. Very ethical. All lawyers do it.

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:38 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Yes, it is.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... /78719620/

Notice it's not an 'unnamed source familiar with the subject'.
Did the EPA officials and their families experience unrelenting personal attacks from feral conservative activists?

And where's your 'proof' that anything 'Pruitt did to the environment' will do anyone any harm? And, while we're at it, what, exactly, did Pruitt do to the environment? Did he fart too much? You, ethical sir, are coughing up talking points.
PROOF, counselor, not biased articles you find.

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:47 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The pressure gets so bad, and it would be so expensive for the target to try and defend him/herself, so they give up. Very ethical. All lawyers do it.
So, you would rather believe that all these alleged ethics violations are inventions by leftist groups rather than something that actually occurred, based, I guess, on your superior knowledge of what Scott Pruitt actually did, and that the only reason that Pruitt gave himself up was because it was too expensive to defend himself.

Admittedly, Pruitt isn't one of Trump's wealthiest cabinet picks, but he is a millionaire and could certainly have afforded quality legal representation. But that's apparently the new party line among right wingers, that a group of completely innocent Trump loyalists are giving up and/or pleading guilty to lesser charges simply to avoid the pressure and/or expense of continuing to fight.

What will it take to actually convince you that some of these people actually are guilty? That the allegations that have been multiply sourced in various reputable news media (including the Wall Street Journal and other center to right--wing publications) and logically fit in with each other could actually be true and not part of a "fake news" conspiracy against Trump?

jarnon

#24 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... /78719620/

Notice it's not an 'unnamed source familiar with the subject'.
Did the EPA officials and their families experience unrelenting personal attacks from feral conservative activists?
As in Colorado, the problem was incompetence, not corruption. The EPA administrator responsible was forced to resign. And Clinton, despite campaigning in Flint, lost Michigan by under 11,000 votes. That's accountability.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#25 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The pressure gets so bad, and it would be so expensive for the target to try and defend him/herself, so they give up. Very ethical. All lawyers do it.
So, you would rather believe that all these alleged ethics violations are inventions by leftist groups rather than something that actually occurred, based, I guess, on your superior knowledge of what Scott Pruitt actually did, and that the only reason that Pruitt gave himself up was because it was too expensive to defend himself.

Admittedly, Pruitt isn't one of Trump's wealthiest cabinet picks, but he is a millionaire and could certainly have afforded quality legal representation. But that's apparently the new party line among right wingers, that a group of completely innocent Trump loyalists are giving up and/or pleading guilty to lesser charges simply to avoid the pressure and/or expense of continuing to fight.

What will it take to actually convince you that some of these people actually are guilty? That the allegations that have been multiply sourced in various reputable news media (including the Wall Street Journal and other center to right--wing publications) and logically fit in with each other could actually be true and not part of a "fake news" conspiracy against Trump?
Something more than accusations. Accusations are easy.

Once again, you assume I am defending this guy. I have no idea whether he is innocent or guilty. And neither do you. I am just pointing out the wonderful tactics the left uses ALL THE TIME.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.