2018 taping schedule

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
bellbm

2018 taping schedule

#1 Post by bellbm » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 am

I see the schedule is up for ticket availability.

Does anyone know how many episodes they tape per season?

Last year, the tapings went into mid-august, this year they end August 2nd? Does anything think they will add more dates? Seems like an agressive schedule.

I'm hoping to go to Las Vegas August 1st to audition - my concern is that if I (hopefully) make it, there won't be any time for to tape this season.

ulysses1950

Re: 2018 taping schedule

#2 Post by ulysses1950 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:55 am

175 or thereabouts....this is only the taping schedule up to August. They will add more dates later. They tape five shows a day.

bazodee

#3 Post by bazodee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Season 16 (last year) had exactly 175 episodes.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:02 pm

bellbm wrote:I see the schedule is up for ticket availability.

Last year, the tapings went into mid-august, this year they end August 2nd? Does anything think they will add more dates? Seems like an agressive schedule.

I'm hoping to go to Las Vegas August 1st to audition - my concern is that if I (hopefully) make it, there won't be any time for to tape this season.
Welcome aBored! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

triviawayne

#5 Post by triviawayne » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:08 pm

bellbm wrote:I see the schedule is up for ticket availability.

I would think there would still be a few weeks left, but those weeks would be almost filled. They've been known to put some people through very fast, but that is rare. However, you would be in the pool for the next season.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Still haven't heard a thing. I must not even be in the pool :( :( :(
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

triviawayne

#7 Post by triviawayne » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Still haven't heard a thing. I must not even be in the pool :( :( :(
They have always sent an email for yes in the pool or not in the pool. check your spambox, and it is also possible they misread your email address. If you can figure out a way to contact them to let them know you never received an email might be another way to find out.

At the worst, you can always audition again, trust me, they won't know if you're already in the pool or not.

MopItUp23

#8 Post by MopItUp23 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am

triviawayne wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Still haven't heard a thing. I must not even be in the pool :( :( :(
They have always sent an email for yes in the pool or not in the pool. check your spambox, and it is also possible they misread your email address. If you can figure out a way to contact them to let them know you never received an email might be another way to find out.

At the worst, you can always audition again, trust me, they won't know if you're already in the pool or not.
I am fairly certain that they are not doing the standard pool emails this year. No one that I know of - both those who have gotten the call and those who haven't yet - has gotten one. Most, if not all, of the casting crew is new this year, and they seem to be doing the auditioning process in their own style.

Flock, have you heard anything from the producers since your interview(s)?

MopItUp23

#9 Post by MopItUp23 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

Is there any way that we can have a super-thread for auditions as in past years? It might be good to keep all of the information together.

IronmanTim

#10 Post by IronmanTim » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:09 pm

I taped on Tuesday, 7/17.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm

MopItUp23 wrote:Is there any way that we can have a super-thread for auditions as in past years? It might be good to keep all of the information together.
I've always done that thread for in-person auditions rather than for video auditions. They don't seem to be doing many of those this year. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

goongas

#12 Post by goongas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 pm

I auditioned in person recently at a taping, and I can confirm and I spoke to someone else who auditioned not with me on the same day that they are doing things their own way this season, not like in seasons past. I did pass the test after failing the Skype test. I was going to Vegas anyway, and then remembered they were taping so I stayed an extra day. It was my first taping in a long time...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:48 pm

goongas wrote:I auditioned in person recently at a taping, and I can confirm and I spoke to someone else who auditioned not with me on the same day that they are doing things their own way this season, not like in seasons past. I did pass the test after failing the Skype test. I was going to Vegas anyway, and then remembered they were taping so I stayed an extra day. It was my first taping in a long time...
What day did you test? Did you get a video interview? --Bob

goongas

#14 Post by goongas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:38 pm

I went to the taping as an audience member. The show will feature new screen graphics.

They did not do any video interviews for any of us (and I know people have said that in the past that didn't get video interviews, but all who passed did not get an initial one and one interview, only a quick conversation all together with a producer). We then filled out forms but not the personality forms, only basic info and tax forms (to save time on taping day). I am not hopeful seeing that my limited interview was limited (others had a little more time to talk, but not much..., I had thought there would be a one and one interview) and that they seem to want to audition the normal way this upcoming weekend. This was early on in the process, it could have changed by now. They essentially have no time to do a proper audition while they are taping I think, and they want to get people in the audience for free. I asked what the next step was, and the producer said something like they would contact us if we were to be on the show, nothing about being in a pool, etc.

Tommynator

#15 Post by Tommynator » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 am

IronmanTim wrote:I taped on Tuesday, 7/17.
Hi, IronmanTim!
I taped mine on Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious, and it was the best day ever!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:15 am

Tommynator wrote:
Hi, IronmanTim!
I taped mine on Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious, and it was the best day ever!
Welcome aBored! How did you audition? --Bob

Tommynator

#17 Post by Tommynator » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tommynator wrote:
Hi, IronmanTim!
Welcome aBored! How did you audition? --Bob
Hi, Bob,
I went through the audition on Skype...didn't have to leave the house! Did first part May 29, was told I got enough questions right to pass to the mock game, which was done the following day.

Crushed that part of the process, got paperwork three weeks later and final call with the fantastic news June 26.

Dreams really can come true!