Public Service Announcement

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Public Service Announcement

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 am

Tonight's Mega Millions jackpot is $422 million. Every ticket you buy indirectly helps me (oh, yeah, some of it goes to education or other worthy causes). So, buy early, buy often.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

Re: Public Service Announcement

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am

I misspoke earlier; the jackpot has now been raised to $433 million.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:51 am

I asked for one this morning with my coffee. Clerk gives me a Powerball ticket. Um, no. I made him go back and get me the right one. If no one buys a $20 Powerball, he'll be in for $20 tomorrow night.

I do not want to here someone from that store wins the Powerball tomorrow night. Nope. I don't want to hear it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 am

Since nobody won the Mega Millions, the jackpot is now $512 million and may go up.

What better way to start a granddaughter's college fund than with $512 million of lottery winnings (less whatever the taxman and Gramps want to take for themselves)?

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 am

As I suspected, the jackpot for tonight's drawing has been raised to $522 million. All you Bored buddies in Georgia really need to go buy lots of tickets.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:53 am

We have a winner:
The winning Mega Millions ticket, worth $522 million, was sold in California, the lottery tweeted Tuesday night.

Only one ticket, sold in in San Jose, matched all six numbers. The ticket was purchased at Ernie's Liquors on South White Road, lottery officials reported.

This is the fifth-largest jackpot in the game's history, just behind the March 30 jackpot of $533 million won with a ticket sold at a New Jersey gas station.

The winning numbers drawn Tuesday night are: 1-2-4-19-29 with a Mega ball of 20.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 832019002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:47 am

The jackpot was revised upward to $543 million (cash value $320.5 million). The winning ticket was sold in San Jose, CA (I wonder where Bob ###'s was over the weekend).

Each state has its own laws about lotteries, and California's differs from Georgia in two big ways:

1) In California, lottery winnings are free from state income tax, while a Georgia winner would presumably be taxed at the maximum 6% rate.

2) In California, the retail location where the ticket was sold got a $1 million bonus. Here in Georgia, a winning ticket would earn the retailer 12 cents, the same as every other ticket sold.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:57 am

silverscreenselect wrote:The jackpot was revised upward to $543 million (cash value $320.5 million). The winning ticket was sold in San Jose, CA (I wonder where Bob ###'s was over the weekend).

Each state has its own laws about lotteries, and California's differs from Georgia in two big ways:

1) In California, lottery winnings are free from state income tax, while a Georgia winner would presumably be taxed at the maximum 6% rate.

2) In California, the retail location where the ticket was sold got a $1 million bonus. Here in Georgia, a winning ticket would earn the retailer 12 cents, the same as every other ticket sold.
Funny, I was just visiting my financial advisor for no particular reason and my ears started burning.

The maximum permitted contribution is $2200, right? Does anyone know off the top of their head the product of $2200 and 435? --Bob (who lives about 400 miles from San Jose)
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The maximum permitted contribution is $2200, right? Does anyone know off the top of their head the product of $2200 and 435? --Bob (who lives about 400 miles from San Jose)
957,000. Checked it with a calculator and happy those brain cells still work.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The jackpot was revised upward to $543 million (cash value $320.5 million). The winning ticket was sold in San Jose, CA (I wonder where Bob ###'s was over the weekend).

Funny, I was just visiting my financial advisor for no particular reason and my ears started burning.

The maximum permitted contribution is $2200, right? Does anyone know off the top of their head the product of $2200 and 435? --Bob (who lives about 400 miles from San Jose)
Form a PAC and you can give billions and the IRS won't even know --- now.

I told my wife that if we won we should keep $10 million for ourselves and donate the rest to every Democrat who's running in November.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I told my wife that if we won we should keep $10 million for ourselves and donate the rest to every Democrat who's running in November.
Not a good idea. You'd owe taxes on all of it, and the $10 million you're keeping won't be enough to pay those taxes. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Funny, I was just visiting my financial advisor for no particular reason and my ears started burning.

Not a good idea. You'd owe taxes on all of it, and the $10 million you're keeping won't be enough to pay those taxes. --Bob
I should have mentioned that they'd take out the taxes before I'd get the check.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.