Game #183: Producers and Productions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
franktangredi

#1 Post by franktangredi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 am

Identify the 65 actors in List A and the 40 movies in List B. (Every other clue is a quotation.) Then, form 66 pairs, each consisting of one movie and one actor, according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself. The same basic Tangredi applies to all pairs, but some of them go one way and some of them go the other way. You’ll see.

One actor will be used twice.

Sixteen movies will be used twice and five movies will be used three times.

There will be no alternate answers.

LIST A: ACTORS

A-1. “I want to save part of my life for myself. There's a catch to it, though: it's got to be part of the young part. You know, retire young, work old. Come back and work when I know what I'm working for. Does that make any sense?”

A-2. This knight’s film career included adaptations of works by Leo Tolstoy, Eugene O’Neill, H.G. Wells, Joseph Conrad, Graham Greene, Robert Louis Stevenson, Boris Pasternak, Edgar Rice Burroughs – and, of course, Shakespeare.

A-3. “Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.”

A-4. Oscar-wise, he completes a list that also includes Jeanne Eagels, Peter Finch, Heath Ledger, Spencer Tracy, Massimo Troisi, and the actor in Clue A-2.

A-5. “Mama! Oh, Mama, just think of it! I shall be queen! Queen of France!”

A-6. This actor appeared in the last film of a trilogy about a popular superhero and the first film in a continuing franchise about a popular doll.

A-7. “He knew what I was even before I did. The morning I left for college, he walked into my room and held out his hand and it was filled with money, a big sweaty wad of money, and he said, ‘Take this and I don't want you ever to come back.’ I grabbed him and hugged him and he turned around and walked out. I haven't seen him or talked to him since.”

A-8. This actor – whom co-star Katharine Hepburn once accused of falling down drunk in every gutter in Hollywood – had the honor (?) of appearing in the #1 spot on a VH1 list of Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots. (The Hawaiian shirt didn’t help.)

A-9. “Let me tell you something, my two fine bedfellows, you're so dumb, there's nothin' to compare ya with! You're dumber than the dumbest jackass. Look at each other, will ya? Did you ever see anything like yourself for bein' dumb specimens? You're so dumb, you don't even see the riches you're treadin' on with your own feet.”

A-10. He was easily the most distinguished actor to appear in a certain 2013 made-for-television movie that – along with its sequels – has become a byword for bizarrely-conceived schlock.

A-11. “This is some rescue! You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?”

A-12. In 1940, she made her film debut – and got her only Oscar nomination – for recreating her stage role in a Pulitzer Prize-winning classic.

A-13. “Josh? He's nobody's boyfriend. He's just this guy that Becky and I like to torture.”

A-14. The day after this actress died at the age of 82, Bette Davis paid tribute to her, telling Dick Cavett she was a “gorgeous woman … the most beautiful person as well as actress,” and praising her for being a thorough professional who was never late and never missed a line.

A-15. “Gretchen, I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Nobles…. And I'm sorry for telling everyone about it…. And I'm sorry for repeating it now.”

A-16. The character that this actor played in a Best Picture Oscar winner was based on a real life British lord who refused to allow his name to be used – and who regretted the decision after he saw the movie.

A-17. “You think I would let my kids near you? Look at yourself! You know what my lawyer said? My lawyer said that you're going to prison for 20 years, Jordan! Twenty f**king years! You're never gonna see the kids again! No, I'm not f**king letting you near my kids!”

A-18. This Canadian actor is perhaps best remembered today for playing a particularly repellent overseer, but it was his role as a vicious killer stalking two children in a cave that really gave me nightmares as a kid.

A-19. “You don't know what I can do! You don't know what I can do, what I'm gonna do, or what I'm gonna be! I'm good! I have good things you don't know about! I'm gonna be something! I am! And don't f**king tell me I'm not! “

A-20. Being a direct descendant of a beloved hero of the American Revolution did not save this Oscar-winning character actress from the Hollywood Blacklist.

A-21. “I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right.”

A-22. This performer is the youngest actor ever nominated for an Oscar in a leading role.

A-23. “The guy who kills me, I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job.”

A-24. Two of his notable screen roles were as the brother of a Biblical hero and the assassin of a U.S. President.

A-25. “So you're Lonesome's new tootsie, huh? ‘Lonesome,’ that's a hot one. I hope you have better luck keeping him lonesome than I did.”

A-26. After appearing in the last of her six films opposite the same leading man, she went on to play a wide variety of stage and screen roles for five decades, while he continued to play the same role six more times without her.

A-27. “There was a demon that lived in the air. They said whoever challenged him would die. Their controls would freeze up, their planes would buffet wildly, and they would disintegrate. The demon lived at Mach 1 on the meter, seven hundred and fifty miles an hour, where the air could no longer move out of the way. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass.”

A-28. In a 1997 television movie, he took on a role that had previously been played by Walter Abel and E.G. Marshall.

A-29. “You can sew almost anything into the canvas of a coat.”

A-30. In a few weeks – unless the Tangredi curse gets to her – this actress will turn ninety – which is considerably younger than the character she played on a creepy episode of The Twilight Zone.

A-31. “We're not just an uncle and a niece. It's something else. I know you. I know you don't tell people a lot of things. I don't either. I have a feeling that inside you there's something nobody knows about ... something secret and wonderful. I'll find it out.”

A-32. For a time, this actress took on a new name when a bird was killed during the filming of one of her early movies and she felt the spirit of the bird enter her.

A-33. “You know something, you ain't nothing special. You got no manners, you treat woman like whores, and if you ask me, you got no chance of being no officer.”

A-34. When this distinguished Scottish-born stage actress took a role in a popular soap opera at the age of 58, it was only supposed to be for the duration of a single story line, but she was brought back by popular demand and was still playing the role when she died – 32 years later.

A-35. “We're the victims of a foul disease called social prejudice, my child. These dear ladies of the Law and Order League are scouring out the dregs of the town. Come on. Be a proud, glorified dreg like me.”

A-36. As far as I know, she was the only actress ever to play a nude love scene with Vincent Price’s wife.

A-37. “There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they're faster or stronger than other fish. They're just touched by something extra.”

A-38. One of the oddest moments of this British actor’s career found him raising his voice in song with Bing Crosby and William Bendix. (William Bendix?)

A-39. “Níor lig mé m'fhear chéile isteach i mo leaba liom aréir. Chuir mé fuinneamh air a chodladh i - Ó, i mála codlata! Mála codlata!”

A-40. As far as I know, he was the only actor who also played baseball and basketball professionally.

A-41. “Vince threw hot coffee in my face. I'm gonna' be scarred. The whole side of my face will be scarred.”

A-42. She is best known for her role on an action/sci fi program that – rather surprisingly – won her an Emmy as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

A-43. “Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners.”

A-44. She was the second of three actresses to receive the Kennedy Center Honors in tandem with her husband.

A-45. “You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale white, and ice cold. Your eyes change color and sometimes you speak like - like you're from a different time. You never eat or drink anything; you don't go into the sunlight. How old are you?”

A-46. He was in the midst of filming a Biblical epic when he died of a heart attack at the age of 44.

A-47. “You know what Maria and me are gonna do out in the country? We're gonna have kids, lots of 'em, and name them all after you - even the girls.”

A-48. This actress has played both the daughter of Robert Preston and – regrettably – the mother of Kevin James.

A-49. “He's escaped from the insane asylum. Seven years ago he murdered two children, broke into the house and found them asleep in bed. There was a little boy, four and a half, and his little three year old sister. After the coroner's investigation, their bodies were taken to the mortuary where the undertaker took one look at them and said their bodies couldn't be reconstructed for the burial without six days of steady work. Then he asked what had been the murder weapon, because looking at the mess in front of him, he couldn't imagine what had been used. The coroner told him there had been no weapon, just his hands.”

A-50. This actress has worked with both Charlie Chaplin and Woody Allen.

A-51. “This business of hating Jews comes in a lot of different sizes. There's the ‘you can't join our country club’ kind and ‘you can't live around here’ kind. Yes, and the ‘you can't work here’ kind. And because we stand for all of these, we get Monty's kind. He's just one guy, we don't get him very often, but he grows out of all the rest.”

A-52. This Florida-born actor played the same role in all four installments of the first modern Batman franchise.

A-53. “Top of the world, son!”

A-54. He started out as a leading man – most notably opposite Greta Garbo – but the extensive neck scarring he suffered after being mauled on a movie set by a lion (I’m not making this up) forced him to move into character roles … quite successfully

A-55. “The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head.”

A-56. This onetime ‘Queen of Off-Broadway’ made her screen debut in 1959 playing the Archangel Gabriel.

A-57. “You tell your boys they better kill me, Bert. They better go all the way with me, 'cause if they just bust me up, I'll put all those pieces back together again, then so help me – so help me God, Bert, I'm gonna come back here and I'm gonna kill you.”

A-58. There appears to be no evidence that this actress ever actually underwent the forced surgical procedure depicted in a 1982 biopic.

A-59. “Quid pro quo. I tell you things, you tell me things.”

A-60. She has hosted the Tony Awards a record five times – which equals the number of times she has won the award.

A-61. “Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a person!”

A-62. Her first husband was an Irish actor with whom she has remained on amiable terms; her second husband was an American billionaire with whom she went through a very nasty divorce.

A-63. “Very pretty, Colonel, very pretty. But can they fight?”

A-64. In 1969, she played the title role in a movie produced by her then-husband; they subsequently named their only child after the movie. (The marriage didn’t last and the child no longer goes by that name.)

A-65. “You're certainly a funny girl for anybody to meet who's just been up the Amazon for a year.”

LIST B: MOVIES

B-1. “People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.”

B-2. This 2002 movie completes the following chronological list of Oscar nominees for Best Picture: Arrowsmith; Alice Adams; The Good Earth; Gone with the Wind; The Grapes of Wrath; The Magnificent Ambersons; The Yearling; All the King’s Men; The Caine Mutiny; To Kill a Mockingbird; The Color Purple.

B-3. “Rise, our new-made brothers. Rise and kill. Kill, lest you be killed yourselves. Kill for the love of killing. Kill for the love of Kali. Kill! Kill! Kill!”

B-4. The subject of this biopic once appeared in a Marx Brothers movie – but it’s not Marilyn Monroe.

B-5. “Aha! Look what I've created! I have made fire!”

B-6. The hero of this movie moves from driving a truck to boxing to running a newsstand.

B-7. “To all the dumb chumps and all the crazy broads, past, present, and future, who thirst for knowledge and search for truth … who fight for justice and civilize each other ... and make it so tough for crooks like you ... and me.”

B-8. It was the first film adapted from a work by arguably the most influential American novelist of the 20th century. (The second, eleven years later, starred the same leading man.)

B-9. “Why are they doing this? Why are they doing this? They said when you got here the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from? I think you're the cause of all of this. I think you're evil. Evil!”

B-10. This Cecil B. DeMille production is one of only a handful of films set during the War of 1812.

B-11. “Do you think they deserved to die?”
“Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!”

B-12. The film’s scheduled premiere on November 16 was postponed … major scenes were reshot from November 20 through November 29 … and it was in theatres on December 18.

B-13. “We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

B-14. This film version of a Pulitzer Prize-winning play was described by one critic as “Hannah and Her Sisters with a Southern accent.”

B-15. “You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short f**king leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets!”

B-16. The real-life protagonist of this film had previously been the subject of an Oscar-winning documentary called The Titan.

B-17. “Allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.”
“So what do we do?”
“Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.”
“How?”
“I don't know. It's a mystery.”

B-18. This musical marked the only time Fred Astaire reprised a role he had previously played on Broadway.

B-19. “When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run.”

B-20. This 1994 film was adapted from a 1953 play written by the father-in-law of one of the actors on List A.

B-21. “People called in complaining about your sweating?”
“No, nice calls, worried that I was having a heart attack.”

B-22. This classic piece of trash – based on an equally trashy best-seller – does have the distinction of earning someone the first of his 51 Oscar nominations.

B-23. “Who looks after your father? Tell me that. When something terrible happens, what does he do? Fends for himself, he does. Who does he tell about it? No one. Don't blab his troubles at home. He just pushes on at his job, uncomplaining and alone and silent.”
“He’s not very silent.”

B-24. The release of this Samuel Fuller film was delayed due to rumors that it was racist – ironic, considering its strong anti-racist message.

B-25. “Um, a few months ago, Garry got his first – boner. You know what that is?”
“If memory serves.”
“Aw, great! Anyway, since then, he's been, uh, slappin' the salami. No offense.”
“No.”
“Apparently, he's goin' for a world record. Anyway, he was afraid there was something wrong with him, you know? Like he was a pervert or something. I told him that's what little dudes do - we've all done it. It made him happy.”
“Garry was happy?”
“He even smiled! I never even knew he had teeth!”

B-26. This 1951 movie completes the following chronological list of Oscar nominees for Best Picture: You Can’t Take It With You; Our Town; Picnic; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; The Diary of Anne Frank; Driving Miss Daisy; Fences.

B-27. “In the years that followed, hundreds of bankers and rating-agency executives went to jail. The SEC was completely overhauled, and Congress had no choice but to break up the big banks and regulate the mortgage and derivative industries. Just kidding! Banks took the money the American people gave them, and used it to pay themselves huge bonuses, and lobby the Congress to kill big reform. And then they blamed immigrants and poor people, and this time even teachers.”

B-28. Because the 1931 version of the 1925 novel had bombed, this 1951 remake was given a different title and all the characters’ names were changed. (It worked.)

B-29. “Well don't you expect me to come to one of your churches or one of those tent-revivals with all those Bible-beaters doin' God-only-knows-what! They'd probably make me eat a live chicken!”
“Not on your first visit!”

B-30. With a plot that anticipated the later – and far better – Roman Holiday, this romantic comedy nevertheless holds an important place in Hollywood history, leading as it did to a landmark legal decision.

B-31. “He's a common, ignorant slob. He don't even speak good English.”
“He doesn’t even speak good English.”

B-32. The trailer for this film claimed that it revealed “for the first time the vile and destructive habit that almost destroyed the world's greatest detective!”

B-33. “It's not greed or ambition that makes war: it's goodness. Wars are always fought for the best of reasons: for liberation or manifest destiny. Always against tyranny and always in the interest of humanity. So far this war, we've managed to butcher some ten million humans in the interest of humanity. Next war, it seems, we'll have to destroy all of man in order to preserve his damn dignity. It's not war that's unnatural to us, it's virtue. As long as valor remains a virtue, we shall have soldiers. So, I preach cowardice. Through cowardice, we shall all be saved.”

B-34. This 1975 dystopian actioner was the first major Hollywood production to list the members of its stunt crew in the closing credits.

B-35. “I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here, everything is soft and smooth.”

B-36. According to Sydney Pollack, the more the leading lady of this film rehearsed and discussed, the better she got, while the more the leading man rehearsed and discussed, the staler he got – making it his job to figure out exactly how to catch them both at their best.

B-37. "Where I came from, nobody knows/And where I am going, everyone goes."

B-38. This was the first Disney animated feature to spawn a sequel – thirteen years later.

B-39. “I'll be back! Ha! You didn't know I was gonna say that, did you?”
“That's what you always say!”
“I do?”

B-40. The titular MacGuffin in this film is probably Hitchcock’s earliest and purest use of the device.

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Game #183: Producers and Productions

#2 Post by Vandal » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:26 am

A-8. This actor – whom co-star Katharine Hepburn once accused of falling down drunk in every gutter in Hollywood – had the honor (?) of appearing in the #1 spot on a VH1 list of Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots. (The Hawaiian shirt didn’t help.)

NICK NOLTE
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:08 am

A-33. “You know something, you ain't nothing special. You got no manners, you treat woman like whores, and if you ask me, you got no chance of being no officer.”
DEBRA WINGER

A-40. As far as I know, he was the only actor who also played baseball and basketball professionally.
MICHAEL JORDAN

A-55. “The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head.”
ANNA PAQUIN

CAST AWAY

B-12. The film’s scheduled premiere on November 16 was postponed … major scenes were reshot from November 20 through November 29 … and it was in theatres on December 18.
ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD

B-27. “In the years that followed, hundreds of bankers and rating-agency executives went to jail. The SEC was completely overhauled, and Congress had no choice but to break up the big banks and regulate the mortgage and derivative industries. Just kidding! Banks took the money the American people gave them, and used it to pay themselves huge bonuses, and lobby the Congress to kill big reform. And then they blamed immigrants and poor people, and this time even teachers.”
THE BIG SHORT

B-32. The trailer for this film claimed that it revealed “for the first time the vile and destructive habit that almost destroyed the world's greatest detective!”
THE SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

kroxquo

#4 Post by kroxquo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 am

A-4. Oscar-wise, he completes a list that also includes Jeanne Eagels, Peter Finch, Heath Ledger, Spencer Tracy, Massimo Troisi, and the actor in Clue A-2.

They were all nominated for an Oscar posthumously so is it may James Dean?

Nick Nolte?

A-10. He was easily the most distinguished actor to appear in a certain 2013 made-for-television movie that – along with its sequels – has become a byword for bizarrely-conceived schlock.

Someone in Sharknado

A-11. “This is some rescue! You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?”

Carrie Fisher

A-14. The day after this actress died at the age of 82, Bette Davis paid tribute to her, telling Dick Cavett she was a “gorgeous woman … the most beautiful person as well as actress,” and praising her for being a thorough professional who was never late and never missed a line.

Pretty sure it is NOT Joan Crawford

A-22. This performer is the youngest actor ever nominated for an Oscar in a leading role.

Adrian Brody?

A-26. After appearing in the last of her six films opposite the same leading man, she went on to play a wide variety of stage and screen roles for five decades, while he continued to play the same role six more times without her.

Myrna Loy?

A-27. “There was a demon that lived in the air. They said whoever challenged him would die. Their controls would freeze up, their planes would buffet wildly, and they would disintegrate. The demon lived at Mach 1 on the meter, seven hundred and fifty miles an hour, where the air could no longer move out of the way. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass.”

This is from The Right Stuff. Sam Shepherd?

A-28. In a 1997 television movie, he took on a role that had previously been played by Walter Abel and E.G. Marshall.

Dustin Hoffman

A-42. She is best known for her role on an action/sci fi program that – rather surprisingly – won her an Emmy as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.

Gillian Anderson?

A-44. She was the second of three actresses to receive the Kennedy Center Honors in tandem with her husband.

Anne Bancroft?

A-47. “You know what Maria and me are gonna do out in the country? We're gonna have kids, lots of 'em, and name them all after you - even the girls.”

Richard Beymer in West Side Story

A-49. “He's escaped from the insane asylum. Seven years ago he murdered two children, broke into the house and found them asleep in bed. There was a little boy, four and a half, and his little three year old sister. After the coroner's investigation, their bodies were taken to the mortuary where the undertaker took one look at them and said their bodies couldn't be reconstructed for the burial without six days of steady work. Then he asked what had been the murder weapon, because looking at the mess in front of him, he couldn't imagine what had been used. The coroner told him there had been no weapon, just his hands.”

Donald Pleasance in Halloween?

A-58. There appears to be no evidence that this actress ever actually underwent the forced surgical procedure depicted in a 1982 biopic.

Frances Farmer

Cast Away

B-9. “Why are they doing this? Why are they doing this? They said when you got here the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from? I think you're the cause of all of this. I think you're evil. Evil!”

The Birds

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

B-14. This film version of a Pulitzer Prize-winning play was described by one critic as “Hannah and Her Sisters with a Southern accent.”

Crimes of the Heart

The Big Short

B-34. This 1975 dystopian actioner was the first major Hollywood production to list the members of its stunt crew in the closing credits.

Logan's Run?

B-36. According to Sydney Pollack, the more the leading lady of this film rehearsed and discussed, the better she got, while the more the leading man rehearsed and discussed, the staler he got – making it his job to figure out exactly how to catch them both at their best.

Out of Africa?

B-38. This was the first Disney animated feature to spawn a sequel – thirteen years later.

“I do?”

B-40. The titular MacGuffin in this film is probably Hitchcock’s earliest and purest use of the device.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Vandal
Director of Promos

#5 Post by Vandal » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:35 am

jarnon wrote:

MICHAEL JORDAN

This is more likely CHUCK CONNORS

He played for the Dodgers, Cubs and the Celtics.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:54 am

Vandal wrote:
jarnon wrote:

MICHAEL JORDAN

This is more likely CHUCK CONNORS

He played for the Dodgers, Cubs and the Celtics.
So Frank has to tell us which one he didn’t know about.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

franktangredi

#7 Post by franktangredi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:02 am

jarnon wrote:
MICHAEL JORDAN
You've got me there. I was thinking in terms of people who are best known as actors.

mellytu74

#8 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:26 am

VERY quick first pass.

I KNOW there are some that I know but I have to think about - figure out - and I am listening in on a meeting

A-1. “I want to save part of my life for myself. There's a catch to it, though: it's got to be part of the young part. You know, retire young, work old. Come back and work when I know what I'm working for. Does that make any sense?”

CARY GRANT (Holiday)

A-2. This knight’s film career included adaptations of works by Leo Tolstoy, Eugene O’Neill, H.G. Wells, Joseph Conrad, Graham Greene, Robert Louis Stevenson, Boris Pasternak, Edgar Rice Burroughs – and, of course, Shakespeare.

RALPH RICHARDSON

A-3. “Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.”

MARTIN SHEEN? (Wall Street)

JAMES DEAN

NICK NOLTE?

A-9. “Let me tell you something, my two fine bedfellows, you're so dumb, there's nothin' to compare ya with! You're dumber than the dumbest jackass. Look at each other, will ya? Did you ever see anything like yourself for bein' dumb specimens? You're so dumb, you don't even see the riches you're treadin' on with your own feet.”

WALTER HUSTON

A-12. In 1940, she made her film debut – and got her only Oscar nomination – for recreating her stage role in a Pulitzer Prize-winning classic.

MARTHA SCOTT?

BARBARA STANWYCK (I originally wrote Joan Crawford as a joke but figured I'd better put the real answer in :) )

A-16. The character that this actor played in a Best Picture Oscar winner was based on a real life British lord who refused to allow his name to be used – and who regretted the decision after he saw the movie.

NIGEL HAVERS?

A-18. This Canadian actor is perhaps best remembered today for playing a particularly repellent overseer, but it was his role as a vicious killer stalking two children in a cave that really gave me nightmares as a kid.

VICTOR JORY

A-20. Being a direct descendant of a beloved hero of the American Revolution did not save this Oscar-winning character actress from the Hollywood Blacklist.

ANNE REVERE

JACKIE COOPER

A-23. “The guy who kills me, I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job.”

AL PACINO

A-24. Two of his notable screen roles were as the brother of a Biblical hero and the assassin of a U.S. President.

JOHN DEREK

A-25. “So you're Lonesome's new tootsie, huh? ‘Lonesome,’ that's a hot one. I hope you have better luck keeping him lonesome than I did.”

PATRICIA NEAL?

DANIEL DAY LEWIS

A-31. “We're not just an uncle and a niece. It's something else. I know you. I know you don't tell people a lot of things. I don't either. I have a feeling that inside you there's something nobody knows about ... something secret and wonderful. I'll find it out.”

TERESA WRIGHT

A-32. For a time, this actress took on a new name when a bird was killed during the filming of one of her early movies and she felt the spirit of the bird enter her.

BARBARA HERSHEY (SEAGULL)

DEBRA WINGER

A-34. When this distinguished Scottish-born stage actress took a role in a popular soap opera at the age of 58, it was only supposed to be for the duration of a single story line, but she was brought back by popular demand and was still playing the role when she died – 32 years later.

EILEEN HERLIE?

A-35. “We're the victims of a foul disease called social prejudice, my child. These dear ladies of the Law and Order League are scouring out the dregs of the town. Come on. Be a proud, glorified dreg like me.”

THOMAS MITCHELL

A-36. As far as I know, she was the only actress ever to play a nude love scene with Vincent Price’s wife.

Who was in Sister George with Coral Browne>>

A-38. One of the oddest moments of this British actor’s career found him raising his voice in song with Bing Crosby and William Bendix. (William Bendix?)

CEDRIC HARDWICKE

A-39. “Níor lig mé m'fhear chéile isteach i mo leaba liom aréir. Chuir mé fuinneamh air a chodladh i - Ó, i mála codlata! Mála codlata!”

MAUREEN O’HARA

CHUCK CONNORS

A-41. “Vince threw hot coffee in my face. I'm gonna' be scarred. The whole side of my face will be scarred.”

GLORIA GRAHAME

A-43. “Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners.”

DAN ACKROYD

A-46. He was in the midst of filming a Biblical epic when he died of a heart attack at the age of 44.

TYRONE POWER

RICHARD BEYMER

A-48. This actress has played both the daughter of Robert Preston and – regrettably – the mother of Kevin James.

SHIRLEY KNIGHT??

A-57. “You tell your boys they better kill me, Bert. They better go all the way with me, 'cause if they just bust me up, I'll put all those pieces back together again, then so help me – so help me God, Bert, I'm gonna come back here and I'm gonna kill you.”

PAUL NEWMAN

FRANCES FARMER?

A-65. “You're certainly a funny girl for anybody to meet who's just been up the Amazon for a year.”

HENRY FONDA

GRAND HOTEL

B-3. “Rise, our new-made brothers. Rise and kill. Kill, lest you be killed yourselves. Kill for the love of killing. Kill for the love of Kali. Kill! Kill! Kill!”

GUNGA DIN

B-4. The subject of this biopic once appeared in a Marx Brothers movie – but it’s not Marilyn Monroe.

I’LL CRY TOMORROW

B-6. The hero of this movie moves from driving a truck to boxing to running a newsstand.

CITY FOR CONQUEST

B-7. “To all the dumb chumps and all the crazy broads, past, present, and future, who thirst for knowledge and search for truth … who fight for justice and civilize each other ... and make it so tough for crooks like you ... and me.”

BORN YESTERDAY

B-10. This Cecil B. DeMille production is one of only a handful of films set during the War of 1812.

THE BUCCANCEER

CRIMES OF THE HEART?

B-17. “Allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.”
“So what do we do?”
“How?”

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE

B-18. This musical marked the only time Fred Astaire reprised a role he had previously played on Broadway.

THE GAY DIVORCEE

B-19. “When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run.”

BRINGING UP BABY

12 ANGRY MEN

B-33. “It's not greed or ambition that makes war: it's goodness. Wars are always fought for the best of reasons: for liberation or manifest destiny. Always against tyranny and always in the interest of humanity. So far this war, we've managed to butcher some ten million humans in the interest of humanity. Next war, it seems, we'll have to destroy all of man in order to preserve his damn dignity. It's not war that's unnatural to us, it's virtue. As long as valor remains a virtue, we shall have soldiers. So, I preach cowardice. Through cowardice, we shall all be saved.”

AMERICANZATION OF EMILY

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#9 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Raymond Massey?

James Dean

Nick Nolte

Walter Huston

Judy Holiday?

Gladys Cooper

A-15. “Gretchen, I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Nobles…. And I'm sorry for telling everyone about it…. And I'm sorry for repeating it now.”
I know it but can't place it.

Another I know but can't place at the moment.

From 'A Face in the Crowd - who played Andy Griffith's ex-wife?

Either Theresa Wright or Joseph Cotten in 'Shadow of a Doubt' nearly certain it is Theresa Wright who said this.

Debra Winger?

Celeste Holms?

WAG: Chuck Conners?

Dan Ackroyd - Trading Places

Jessica Tandy?

Richard Beymer - West Side Story

Claire Bloom

A-51. “This business of hating Jews comes in a lot of different sizes. There's the ‘you can't join our country club’ kind and ‘you can't live around here’ kind. Yes, and the ‘you can't work here’ kind. And because we stand for all of these, we get Monty's kind. He's just one guy, we don't get him very often, but he grows out of all the rest.”
Someone from Gentlemen's Agreement - not sure if it is Gregory Peck or not.

Who played James Cagney's mom in White Heat?

Anthony Hopkins

Donald Sutherland - The Dirty Dozen

A-64. In 1969, she played the title role in a movie produced by her then-husband; they subsequently named their only child after the movie. (The marriage didn’t last and the child no longer goes by that name.)
Cher (she was in the movie Chasity)

I know this...

B-2. This 2002 movie completes the following chronological list of Oscar nominees for Best Picture: Arrowsmith; Alice Adams; The Good Earth; Gone with the Wind; The Grapes of Wrath; The Magnificent Ambersons; The Yearling; All the King’s Men; The Caine Mutiny; To Kill a Mockingbird; The Color Purple.
Movies based on Pulitzer Prize winning books - maybe?

Cast Away?

The Birds

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Crimes of the Heart?

“So what do we do?”
“How?”
Noises Off?

Broadcast News

B-22. This classic piece of trash – based on an equally trashy best-seller – does have the distinction of earning someone the first of his 51 Oscar nominations.
Valley of the Dolls?

B-25. “Um, a few months ago, Garry got his first – boner. You know what that is?”
“If memory serves.”
“Aw, great! Anyway, since then, he's been, uh, slappin' the salami. No offense.”
“No.”
“Apparently, he's goin' for a world record. Anyway, he was afraid there was something wrong with him, you know? Like he was a pervert or something. I told him that's what little dudes do - we've all done it. It made him happy.”
“Garry was happy?”
Parenthood

The Big Short

12 Angry Men

The 7 Percent Solution?

The Rescuers?

“I do?”
Last Action Hero?

The 39 Steps

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#10 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:28 pm

BARBARA STANWYCK (I originally wrote Joan Crawford as a joke but figured I'd better put the real answer in :) )
It is Gladys Cooper for sure - I remember the interview and was surprised to hear she was such a beauty in her youth - since I was only aware of her more harsh and matronly roles - so it really stood out. It was nice to hear that she was a wonderful person.

mellytu74

#11 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:45 pm

frogman042 wrote:A-25. “So you're Lonesome's new tootsie, huh? ‘Lonesome,’ that's a hot one. I hope you have better luck keeping him lonesome than I did.”
From 'A Face in the Crowd - who played Andy Griffith's ex-wife?

KAY MEDFORD

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 pm

frogman042 wrote:

It is Gladys Cooper for sure - I remember the interview and was surprised to hear she was such a beauty in her youth - since I was only aware of her more harsh and matronly roles - so it really stood out. It was nice to hear that she was a wonderful person.
I am glad that she was, too. I thought she was much older when she died.

And, since she worked with Davis in Now Voyager, it makes sense.

In case we need it, Cooper worked with a ton of actresses who were Oscar nominated in those collarborations.

mellytu74

#13 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:32 pm

frogman042 wrote:
I know it but can't place it.

AMANDA SEYFRIED in Mean Girls

Someone from Gentlemen's Agreement - not sure if it is Gregory Peck or not.

I thought so, too. BUT it's from CROSSFIRE - But I don't remember who said it. He's talking ABOUT Robert Ryan.

Who played James Cagney's mom in White Heat?

MARGARET WYCHERLY

mellytu74

#14 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:10 pm

A-19. “You don't know what I can do! You don't know what I can do, what I'm gonna do, or what I'm gonna be! I'm good! I have good things you don't know about! I'm gonna be something! I am! And don't f**king tell me I'm not! “

MARK WAHLBERG in Boogie Nights

I was thinking MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN as Jane.

SUSANNAH YORK - Killing of Sister George

A-54. He started out as a leading man – most notably opposite Greta Garbo – but the extensive neck scarring he suffered after being mauled on a movie set by a lion (I’m not making this up) forced him to move into character roles … quite successfully

CHARLES BICKFORD

MILDRED DUNNOCK

mellytu74

#15 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm

There's a lot of movie parents in these answers.

And for those, such as James Dean, who weren't parents in any movies …. could we be looking for Ann Doran/Jim Backus/Jo Van Fleet or Raymond Massey?

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#16 Post by frogman042 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:28 pm

mellytu74 wrote:There's a lot of movie parents in these answers.

And for those, such as James Dean, who weren't parents in any movies …. could we be looking for Ann Doran/Jim Backus/Jo Van Fleet or Raymond Massey?
I think you are on to something especially given the title of the game. As noted, Gladys Cooper was Bette Davis mom in Now, Voyager.

Some off of the top of my head that may work - not sure of the Tangredi but maybe this will help:

Mark Wahlberg mom in Boogie Nights Joanna Gleason.
Maureen O'Sullivan was Mia Farrow, Diane Weist and Barbara Hershey's mom in Hannah and her Sisters
Meryl Streep was Amanda Seyfreid's mom in Mama Mia
Shelly Winters and Lou Jacobi where Richard Beymer's parents in The Diary of Anne Frank
Donald Sutherland was Timothy Hutton's dad in Ordinary People
Cher was Wynona Rider's mom in Mermaids

Broadcast News - gives us Holly Hunter, who was Anna Paquin's mom in the Piano
Parenthood - tons of possibilities - including Diane Weist again who kids were Joaquin Phenoix (I think he was billed as Leaf) and Martha Plimpton.

There are some actors who are children of actors in real life as well - Martha Plimpton, MIa Farrow, Timothy Hutton - maybe that is part of it as well.
And the reverse...
12 Angry Men has Henry Fonda - need I say more of his offspring and grand-offspring, Ed Begley and Ed Begley Jr maybe there is something there.
7 Percent Solution - Alan Arkin -> Adam Arkin

mellytu74

#17 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 am

Wasn't John Heard in Sharknado?

Son of Geraldine Page (The Rescuers) in a Trip to Bountiful.

We have to figure how this all goes together.

It CAN'T just be Actor + Movie (starring movie parent) or Actor + Movie (starring movie child), can it?

Nigel Havers + B-40 The 39 Steps (Peggy Ashcroft - A Passage to India).

Maybe .....

Pastor Fireball

#18 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:19 am

My first look and first pass...

Looks like posthumous Oscar nominations, so JAMES DEAN.

NICK NOLTE

Whoever was in Sharknado.

JUSTIN HENRY

CHUCK CONNORS? I know he played basketball, but I'm not sure about baseball.

LINDSAY WAGNER

DAN AYKROYD

A-60. She has hosted the Tony Awards a record five times – which equals the number of times she has won the award.

ANGELA LANSBURY?

WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

mellytu74

#19 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 am

And Alice Brady (Gay Divorcee) was Tyrone Power's mother in In Old Chicago.

Can it be Oscar-nominated movies/actors? Oscar-winning movies/actors?

There HAS to be something that narrows it down, not just parents and children.

jarnon

#20 Post by jarnon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 am

This game is moving fast! First consolidation…

Identify the 65 actors in List A and the 40 movies in List B. (Every other clue is a quotation.) Then, form 66 pairs, each consisting of one movie and one actor, according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself. The same basic Tangredi applies to all pairs, but some of them go one way and some of them go the other way. You’ll see.

CARY GRANT

RALPH RICHARDSON

MARTIN SHEEN?

JAMES DEAN

A-6. This actor appeared in the last film of a trilogy about a popular superhero and the first film in a continuing franchise about a popular doll.

A-7. “He knew what I was even before I did. The morning I left for college, he walked into my room and held out his hand and it was filled with money, a big sweaty wad of money, and he said, ‘Take this and I don't want you ever to come back.’ I grabbed him and hugged him and he turned around and walked out. I haven't seen him or talked to him since.”

NICK NOLTE

WALTER HUSTON

JOHN HEARD?

CARRIE FISHER

MARTHA SCOTT? JUDY HOLIDAY?

A-13. “Josh? He's nobody's boyfriend. He's just this guy that Becky and I like to torture.”

GLADYS COOPER

AMANDA SEYFRIED

NIGEL HAVERS?

A-17. “You think I would let my kids near you? Look at yourself! You know what my lawyer said? My lawyer said that you're going to prison for 20 years, Jordan! Twenty f**king years! You're never gonna see the kids again! No, I'm not f**king letting you near my kids!”

VICTOR JORY

MARK WAHLBERG

ANNE REVERE

A-21. “I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right.”

ADRIAN BRODY? JACKIE COOPER? JUSTIN HENRY?

AL PACINO

JOHN DEREK

PATRICIA NEAL? KAY MEDFORD?

MYRNA LOY? MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN?

SAM SHEPHERD?

DUSTIN HOFFMAN

DANIEL DAY LEWIS

A-30. In a few weeks – unless the Tangredi curse gets to her – this actress will turn ninety – which is considerably younger than the character she played on a creepy episode of The Twilight Zone.

TERESA WRIGHT

BARBARA HERSHEY

DEBRA WINGER

EILEEN HERLIE?

THOMAS MITCHELL

SUSANNAH YORK

A-37. “There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they're faster or stronger than other fish. They're just touched by something extra.”

CEDRIC HARDWICKE

MAUREEN O’HARA

CHUCK CONNORS

GLORIA GRAHAME

GILLIAN ANDERSON? LINDSAY WAGNER?

DAN ACKROYD

ANNE BANCROFT? JESSICA TANDY?

A-45. “You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale white, and ice cold. Your eyes change color and sometimes you speak like - like you're from a different time. You never eat or drink anything; you don't go into the sunlight. How old are you?”

TYRONE POWER

RICHARD BEYMER

SHIRLEY KNIGHT?

DONALD PLEASANCE?

CLAIRE BLOOM

A-52. This Florida-born actor played the same role in all four installments of the first modern Batman franchise.

MARGARET WYCHERLY

CHARLES BICKFORD

ANNA PAQUIN

A-56. This onetime ‘Queen of Off-Broadway’ made her screen debut in 1959 playing the Archangel Gabriel.

PAUL NEWMAN

FRANCES FARMER

ANTHONY HOPKINS

ANGELA LANSBURY?

MILDRED DUNNOCK

A-62. Her first husband was an Irish actor with whom she has remained on amiable terms; her second husband was an American billionaire with whom she went through a very nasty divorce.

DONALD SUTHERLAND

CHER

HENRY FONDA

GRAND HOTEL

GUNGA DIN

I’LL CRY TOMORROW

CAST AWAY

CITY FOR CONQUEST

BORN YESTERDAY

B-8. It was the first film adapted from a work by arguably the most influential American novelist of the 20th century. (The second, eleven years later, starred the same leading man.)
THE BUCCANCEER

THE BIRDS

THE BUCCANEER

CRIMES OF THE HEART

B-15. “You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short f**king leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets!”

B-16. The real-life protagonist of this film had previously been the subject of an Oscar-winning documentary called The Titan.

“So what do we do?”
“How?”
SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE

THE GAY DIVORCEE

BRINGING UP BABY

B-20. This 1994 film was adapted from a 1953 play written by the father-in-law of one of the actors on List A.

BROADCAST NEWS

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS?

B-23. “Who looks after your father? Tell me that. When something terrible happens, what does he do? Fends for himself, he does. Who does he tell about it? No one. Don't blab his troubles at home. He just pushes on at his job, uncomplaining and alone and silent.”
“He’s not very silent.”

B-24. The release of this Samuel Fuller film was delayed due to rumors that it was racist – ironic, considering its strong anti-racist message.

“If memory serves.”
“No.”
“Garry was happy?”
PARENTHOOD

B-26. This 1951 movie completes the following chronological list of Oscar nominees for Best Picture: You Can’t Take It With You; Our Town; Picnic; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; The Diary of Anne Frank; Driving Miss Daisy; Fences.

THE BIG SHORT

B-28. Because the 1931 version of the 1925 novel had bombed, this 1951 remake was given a different title and all the characters’ names were changed. (It worked.)

B-29. “Well don't you expect me to come to one of your churches or one of those tent-revivals with all those Bible-beaters doin' God-only-knows-what! They'd probably make me eat a live chicken!”

B-30. With a plot that anticipated the later – and far better – Roman Holiday, this romantic comedy nevertheless holds an important place in Hollywood history, leading as it did to a landmark legal decision.

12 ANGRY MEN

AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY

LOGAN’S RUN?

B-35. “I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here, everything is soft and smooth.”

OUT OF AFRICA?

THE RESCUERS?

“I do?”
LAST ACTION HERO?

THE 39 STEPS
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

franktangredi

#21 Post by franktangredi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:48 am

It is moving fast - certainly faster than my last game!

Among the actors, one of the definite answers is wrong.

Of those with a question mark, 7 are right and 2 are wrong.

Of those with alternate anwers, 4 include the correct answer and 1 does not.

Among the movies, the same movie has been inadvertently included as the answer to two different question. It's right once.

Of those with a question mark, 3 are right and 2 are wrong.
jarnon wrote:This game is moving fast! First consolidation…

CARY GRANT

RALPH RICHARDSON

MARTIN SHEEN?

JAMES DEAN

NICK NOLTE

WALTER HUSTON

JOHN HEARD?

CARRIE FISHER

MARTHA SCOTT? JUDY HOLIDAY?

GLADYS COOPER

AMANDA SEYFRIED

NIGEL HAVERS?

VICTOR JORY

MARK WAHLBERG

ANNE REVERE

ADRIAN BRODY? JACKIE COOPER? JUSTIN HENRY?

AL PACINO

JOHN DEREK

PATRICIA NEAL? KAY MEDFORD?

MYRNA LOY? MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN?

SAM SHEPHERD?

DUSTIN HOFFMAN

DANIEL DAY LEWIS

TERESA WRIGHT

BARBARA HERSHEY

DEBRA WINGER

EILEEN HERLIE?

THOMAS MITCHELL

SUSANNAH YORK

CEDRIC HARDWICKE

MAUREEN O’HARA

CHUCK CONNORS

GLORIA GRAHAME

GILLIAN ANDERSON? LINDSAY WAGNER?

DAN ACKROYD

ANNE BANCROFT? JESSICA TANDY?

TYRONE POWER

RICHARD BEYMER

SHIRLEY KNIGHT?

DONALD PLEASANCE?

CLAIRE BLOOM

MARGARET WYCHERLY

CHARLES BICKFORD

ANNA PAQUIN

PAUL NEWMAN

FRANCES FARMER

ANTHONY HOPKINS

ANGELA LANSBURY?

MILDRED DUNNOCK

DONALD SUTHERLAND

CHER

HENRY FONDA

GRAND HOTEL

GUNGA DIN

I’LL CRY TOMORROW

CAST AWAY

CITY FOR CONQUEST

BORN YESTERDAY

THE BUCCANCEER

THE BIRDS

THE BUCCANEER

CRIMES OF THE HEART

“So what do we do?”
“How?”
SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE

THE GAY DIVORCEE

BRINGING UP BABY

BROADCAST NEWS

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS?

“He’s not very silent.”

“If memory serves.”
“No.”
“Garry was happy?”
PARENTHOOD

THE BIG SHORT

12 ANGRY MEN

AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY

LOGAN’S RUN?

OUT OF AFRICA?

THE RESCUERS?

“I do?”
LAST ACTION HERO?

THE 39 STEPS

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 am

ROBERT YOUNG (Crossfire)

PAT HINGLE
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

WHITE DOG
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mellytu74

#24 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

A couple I noticed in the consolidation

NORMA SHEARER in Marie Antoinette??

NIGEL HAVERS?

This is definite - it's Lord Burgley

JOHN DEREK

I answered this but now I question it - he was definitely John Wilkes Booth and I was thinking of Joshua in Ten Commandments -- but was Joshua anyone's brother?

I looked it up. ROBERT YOUNG in Crossfire

Duh - COLLEEN DEWHURST in Nun's Story.

“He’s not very silent.”

Another DUH - MARY POPPINS (Dick van Dyke to the kids)

PORTRAIT OF JENNIE

franktangredi

#25 Post by franktangredi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:02 am

mellytu74 wrote: A-24. Two of his notable screen roles were as the brother of a Biblical hero and the assassin of a U.S. President.
JOHN DEREK

I answered this but now I question it - he was definitely John Wilkes Booth and I was thinking of Joshua in Ten Commandments -- but was Joshua anyone's brother?
That was a mistake on my part. I had a momentary brain fart and confused Joshua and Aaron.