Audition report Vegas

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Audition report Vegas

#51 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Well, Uly has lost more money than any other game show contestant. :P
He hasn't lost a dime on TV.
Yes, he did. I guess you never saw Greed. He could have walked away with $1 million.
His share of $1 million, not the whole thing. His potential payoff was better than (if memory serves) 8:1.

But Esto is right that this was an opportunity cost, as opposed to money out of his pocket. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

goongas

#52 Post by goongas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 pm

I think the record is Ken Basin who lost $475,000 on the primetime WWTBAM anniversary special.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#53 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:58 pm

goongas wrote:I think the record is Ken Basin who lost $475,000 on the primetime WWTBAM anniversary special.

Or, as he's known on the Bored, Fresca. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#54 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:32 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Well, Uly has lost more money than any other game show contestant. :P
He hasn't lost a dime on TV.
Yes, he did. I guess you never saw Greed. He could have walked away with $1 million.
Of course I saw it and have participated in the dozens of references to it over the years. He paid nothing to play. Until you have the money or a check in hand, it's all play money. His out-of-pocket was $0.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#55 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 am

$2,200,000.00;

I'd like that even in "play money".

Iamthebb

#56 Post by Iamthebb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:54 am

I took the test today. It was MUCH More difficult than last year, IMHO.

I passed the test last year (even made a video interview, but didn't get selected).

Having watched reruns on GSN, I recognized most of the questions on last year's test from the 2015-2016 season.

After doing some searching on the boreds here, I could only find one question on the test in the transcripts.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:25 am

Iamthebb wrote:I took the test today. It was MUCH More difficult than last year, IMHO.

I passed the test last year (even made a video interview, but didn't get selected).

Having watched reruns on GSN, I recognized most of the questions on last year's test from the 2015-2016 season.

After doing some searching on the boreds here, I could only find one question on the test in the transcripts.
Welcome aBored! Did you get a video interview yesterday? --Bob

Iamthebb

#58 Post by Iamthebb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Iamthebb wrote:I took the test today. It was MUCH More difficult than last year, IMHO.

I did - fingers crossed!

triviawayne

#59 Post by triviawayne » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:52 am

Iamthebb wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I did - fingers crossed!
I took the test as well just to see if it was any harder...didn't think it was any harder than any of the previous tests. Passed again.

peiboy91

#60 Post by peiboy91 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 pm

I auditioned at TCONA on 8/3 and didn't think the test was much harder except I didn't recognize any questions from the show which I usually do.

I got a video interview and paperwork to fill out with eligibility questions, a contestant release and a W-9. I got an email today asking the typical get to know you questions, so good signs so far.

jarnon

#61 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Good to see the 2018 Audition List finally, though I hope it grows longer.

I think these BBs have mentioned auditioning this year, if one way or another:
IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 am

jarnon wrote:Good to see the 2018 Audition List finally, though I hope it grows longer.

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
I'm not tracking Skype auditions. Just the in-person sort, of which there have been very few reported. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#63 Post by Estonut » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:Good to see the 2018 Audition List finally, though I hope it grows longer.

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
I'm not tracking Skype auditions. Just the in-person sort, of which there have been very few reported.
Skypist!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#64 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 am

Bob78164 wrote:

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
I'm not tracking Skype auditions. Just the in-person sort, of which there have been very few reported. --Bob
Well, you’re busy enough with skewering Donny and, I expect, the earliest toaster thread ever.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Tommynator

#65 Post by Tommynator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:46 am

I can confirm...not only did I do the Skype auditions, but I have recorded my episode!
We filmed July 13. BEST. DAY. EVER! (and not just because it was Friday!)

flockofseagulls104

#66 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
Nothing, nada, diddly from WWTBAM.
At least they could send me an email saying don't bother ever auditioning again.

Probably because of conservaphobia. They're a bunch of conservaphobes.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#67 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Tommynator wrote:I can confirm...not only did I do the Skype auditions, but I have recorded my episode!
We filmed July 13. BEST. DAY. EVER! (and not just because it was Friday!)

WooHOOO! Somewhat premature CONGRATS!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Tommynator

#68 Post by Tommynator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks, tlynn78! It was amazing! Hard part's in progress now...waiting on when the show will air.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#69 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

Tommynator wrote:Thanks, tlynn78! It was amazing! Hard part's in progress now...waiting on when the show will air.
Congratulations! Please be sure to let us know when you get your air date. --Bob

earendel

#70 Post by earendel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:58 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104
At least they could send me an email saying don't bother ever auditioning again.

Did you wear your MAGA hat during the interview? :mrgreen:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

flockofseagulls104

#71 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

earendel wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

IronmanTim
goongas
Tommynator
bellbm
MopItUp23
flockofseagulls104

Did you wear your MAGA hat during the interview? :mrgreen:
You actually think I would have one? What, are you SSS?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

basketball_junkie

#72 Post by basketball_junkie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:02 pm

In mid-August I received a phone call from AP Ines about the possibility of coming back on the show. One week in November they’re showing clips from memorable contestants from the past 16 years. One of them will return on the Friday episode to play again. She said they would draw a name out of the hat. I was not selected. It’s all part of reaching the $100 million milestone this season.

triviawayne

#73 Post by triviawayne » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 am

basketball_junkie wrote:In mid-August I received a phone call from AP Ines about the possibility of coming back on the show. One week in November they’re showing clips from memorable contestants from the past 16 years. One of them will return on the Friday episode to play again. She said they would draw a name out of the hat. I was not selected. It’s all part of reaching the $100 million milestone this season.
Who is AP Ines?

From what I know, they taped a week of 2nd Chance episodes, is that what you're talking about?

Contestant coordinators said they wanted me on the 2nd Chance Week, but somewhere along the line, I wasn't selected. I have my own theory as to why, but it's just a theory.

ghostjmf

#74 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:13 am

triviawayne:

This sucks.

goongas

#75 Post by goongas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:25 pm

I was watching some episodes from this season yesterday (late night episode), and I noticed that a local guy that I auditioned with and sat next to during the taping made the show. He didn't get a video interview during my taping because I walked out of the studio with him, but he was going to be considered with his partner for couples that met in Vegas week. He was going to bring his partner with him another day.