Good news

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Good news

#26 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 am

And the beat goes on

Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high
Nonfarm payrolls grew by 201,000 in August. Economists surveyed by Reuters expected a 191,000 increase.

Average hourly earnings jumped by 2.9 percent, above the 2.7 percent increase expected.

The unemployment rate held near a generational low of 3.9 percent.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 am

BackInTex wrote:And the beat goes on

Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high
Nonfarm payrolls grew by 201,000 in August. Economists surveyed by Reuters expected a 191,000 increase.

Average hourly earnings jumped by 2.9 percent, above the 2.7 percent increase expected.

Then why aren't the Republicans running ads about how great the economy is rather than how scary Maxine Waters and the illegal immigrants are?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#28 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

Then why aren't the Republicans running ads about how great the economy is rather than how scary Maxine Waters and the illegal immigrants are?
Because every Friday for some, every other Friday for some, and twice a month for others, payroll departments all across the country are doing the campaigning on their behalf. It will be very effective.

And as we get closer to election day you will see the economic news being used.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#29 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 am

BackInTex wrote:Because every Friday for some, every other Friday for some, and twice a month for others, payroll departments all across the country are doing the campaigning on their behalf. It will be very effective.

We get paid on Thursdays...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 am

BackInTex wrote:

Because every Friday for some, every other Friday for some, and twice a month for others, payroll departments all across the country are doing the campaigning on their behalf. It will be very effective.

Until they have to pay their health insurance premiums. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:05 am

BackInTex wrote: It will be very effective.

Out of mild curiosity, who is your current Congressperson? I want to keep track of this election to see how effective the good news is.

BackInTex

#32 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Those are the fault of Obama. You'll deny it, but you'll be wrong.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Those are the fault of Obama. You'll deny it, but you'll be wrong.
Then so is a large majority of the American people. And they’ll be voting.

Donny and his Congessional enablers have sabotaged the Affordable Care Act, and the effect on American wallets is dwarfing the tax cuts for middle class taxpayers who are lucky enough to see any cuts. They’re doing everything they can to fragment the risk pool, which makes it much more expensive for those who can’t get into the favored classes, say, because they have a kid born with a life-threatening pre-existing condition. And sooner or later, that will be pretty much all of us. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#34 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am

Out of mild curiosity, who is your current Congressperson? I want to keep track of this election to see how effective the good news is.
John Culberson. He will win.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#35 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:40 am

BackInTex wrote:

Wages have not gone up much and have not kept pace with inflation.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#36 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:43 am

BackInTex wrote:

Your district has a non-white majority. Don't count your chickens. Lizzie Pannill Fletcher has a good chance of winning.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:48 am

BackInTex wrote:

First, let me preface this by saying that I had no idea who your Congressman was when I asked the question. However, I did some research, and the two leading predicting websites, Cook and Larry Sabato, both list this district as a toss-up. Fivethirtyeight also lists it as a tossup, giving Democrat Lizzie Fletcher a 51.5% chance to win (with a projected 50.2% of the vote).

We'll keep an eye out to see how much the voters in your district hear the roar from their bank accounts every payday.

BackInTex

#38 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 am

Bob78164 wrote:... those who can’t get into the favored classes, say, because they have a kid born with a life-threatening pre-existing condition. And sooner or later, that will be pretty much all of us. —Bob
Really? You think pretty much everyone will had a kid born with a life-threatening pre-existing condition? Then no healthcare system will survive. Only those who are born healthy will. Guess Darwin was right. You should be happy. You'll be proven right (for once).
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#39 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:
First, let me preface this by saying that I had no idea who your Congressman was when I asked the question. However, I did some research, and the two leading predicting websites, Cook and Larry Sabato, both list this district as a toss-up. Fivethirtyeight also lists it as a tossup, giving Democrat Lizzie Fletcher a 51.5% chance to win (with a projected 50.2% of the vote).

We'll keep an eye out to see how much the voters in your district hear the roar from their bank accounts every payday.
Here is Lizzie's problem. Clinton won my district 48% to 47%. But that was a Presidential election year. Republicans will show up more than Democrats will in my district for the mid-terms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#40 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Here is Lizzie's problem. Clinton won my district 48% to 47%. But that was a Presidential election year. Republicans will show up more than Democrats will in my district for the mid-terms.
I've been reading that Beto O'Rourke hasn't really been affecting turnout much in rural areas of Texas, but that he's really getting Democratic voters excited in the suburbs. I think I may be off the fence about contributing to his campaign. Even if he doesn't win, his turnout operation may help flip two or three Texas Congressional Districts. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

I'm running out of bookmarks to yours and Flock's posts to come back to after Mueller Day and Election Day.

silverscreenselect

#42 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:44 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Since Trump's inauguration, my pay has probably gone up as much or more than anyone else's on the Bored percentage wise (thanks to raises, bonuses and a job reclassification). Would you like to guess how all that campaigning is going to affect my vote?

flockofseagulls104

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:

I'm running out of bookmarks to yours and Flock's posts to come back to after Mueller Day and Election Day.
We don't have to bookmark yours. Every post you make is a prediction about things you know nothing about.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Every post you make is a prediction about things you know nothing about.
If I know nothing about a subject, I'm automatically more knowledgeable than you, since your knowledge derives from a host of right wing sites and commentators, not to mention Donald Trump, who are invariably wrong about that same subject.

Bob Juch

#45 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Since Trump's inauguration, my pay has probably gone up as much or more than anyone else's on the Bored percentage wise (thanks to raises, bonuses and a job reclassification). Would you like to guess how all that campaigning is going to affect my vote?
If it had gone down it probably wouldn't affect your vote.

My Federal income tax is now just 21%. That's not going to affect my vote.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#46 Post by Estonut » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:47 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I'm running out of bookmarks to yours and Flock's posts to come back to after Mueller Day and Election Day.
As if you know how to bookmark a page and come back to it later...

What is the limit on bookmarks?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#47 Post by BackInTex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:56 am

Middle-class income rose above $61,000 for the first time last year
Middle-class income rose to the highest recorded levels in 2017 and the national poverty rate declined as the benefits of the strong economy lifted the fortunes of more Americans,
Jobless Claims Remain at Half-Century Low
The number of Americans filing applications for new unemployment benefits fell last week, remaining at a half-century low for the second-straight week.
Not really good new, unless you consider the fact that the results can be predicted by the means and therefore there are better ways....49 of them, at least.
California’s poverty rate is still the highest in the nation, despite state efforts
Newly released federal estimates show California’s poverty rate remained the highest in the nation,
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#48 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 am

BackInTex wrote:
Newly released federal estimates show California’s poverty rate remained the highest in the nation,
Well, I'm not sure where they got that information, because I went to the source, the US Census Bureau statistics and they tell a different story.

According to the Census Bureau, the 3 year average poverty level in the US 2015-17 was 12.8% and for 2016-17, it was 12.5%. (They don't list figures for just 2017.)

California was above the national average at 13.4%/13.2%, but it was below Texas at 14.0/13.6%. As you might guess, states like Alabama and Mississippi were significantly higher.

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2018 ... 0-263.html

Bob Juch

#49 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am

BackInTex wrote:
Well, I'm not sure where they got that information, because I went to the source, the US Census Bureau statistics and they tell a different story.

According to the Census Bureau, the 3 year average poverty level in the US 2015-17 was 12.8% and for 2016-17, it was 12.5%. (They don't list figures for just 2017.)

California was above the national average at 13.4%/13.2%, but it was below Texas at 14.0/13.6%. As you might guess, states like Alabama and Mississippi were significantly higher.

The government lies.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#50 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm

BackInTex wrote:

I think they're using one of the tables (I don't know which one) from this page. The figure isn't the official poverty measurement because it's adjusted to account for local cost of living. California's cost of housing is extremely high, and that's what fuels our position by that adjusted measure. --Bob