Transcript 09/10/18a Malcolm Brooks (needs edits!)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Tommynator

Transcript 09/10/18a Malcolm Brooks (needs edits!)

#1 Post by Tommynator » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Sorry...no answers given (I don't know how to format), but here are the questions. If someone can clean this up to fit the format and fill in the answers, it will help.

Malcolm Brooks
College graduate
Pensacola, Fla.

Malcolm's twin brother, Hannibal, was on the show during Beginner's Luck Week last season.

$500
According to a common saying, someone who is talking seriously is "not just" doing what?
A. Whistling Dixie B. Humming Farmer in the Dell
C. Lip-syncing Oh, Susanna D. Beatboxing Home on the Range

$1,000
New Orleans sanitation officials recently removed 46 tons of what discarded holiday fashion accessory that had been clogging the city's sewer system for years?
A. Christmas stockings B. Easter bonnets
C. "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" buttons D. Mardi Gras beads

$2,000
In Greek mythology, the Myrmidons were led by what son of Peleus, before his tenure was cut short by a memorable heel injury?
A. Hector B. Odysseus
C. Jason D. Achilles

$3,000
Looking for a money-saving travel hack? Expert Joey Green suggests skipping room service and cooking hot dogs in your motel room -- where?
A. Under the mattress B. On top of the alarm clock
C. On the coffee maker's hot plate D. Inside the TV remote

$5,000
Though they insist there are no hard feelings, in 2018 what former "American Idol" champion switched over to the competition, becoming a judge on "The Voice?"
A. Kelly Clarkson B. Clay Aiken
C. Carrie Underwood D. Chris Daughtry

$7,000
What domain name did Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Kahrim register on Feb. 14, 2005 with the intention of making it an online dating site?
A. Twitter.com B. YouTube.com
C. Yahoo.com D. Instagram.com

$10,000
Located in the jaw, the muscle that's considered to be the strongest in the human body relative to its weight is which of the following?
A. Frontalis B. Vastus medialis
C. Masseter D. Rhomboid major

$20,000
If you were to spell out "Millionaire" using the NATO phonetic alphabet that begins "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie," you'd say words matching all of these, except what?
A. The capital of Peru B. A diminutive form of "Michael"
C. A U.S. state D. The 11th month of the year

(Plus-1, Malcolm's dad, Larry, was used as lifeline here)

$30,000
The cover of Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" issue has featured only four women by themselves, including all but whom?
A. Queen Elizabeth II B. Angela Merkel
C. Hillary Clinton D. Corazon Aquino

Malcolm goes ATA on lifelines first..
A. 23% B. 19%
C. 9% D. 49%

Still not sure, Malcolm hopes Hillary Clinton will still be there with the 50/50.
50/50 leaves A and C.

$50,000
The Beach Boys' 1968 song "Never Learn Not to Love" was a re-working of "Cease to Exist," written by what notorious aspiring folk singer?
A. Ted Kaczynski B. Charles Manson
C. James Earl Ray D. Jim Jones

Malcolm walks with $30,000.

(Thanks for helping with this!)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Transcript 09/10/18a Malcolm Brooks (needs edits!)

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 pm

The formatting code you need is the pair

Code: Select all

[spoiler=] and [/spoiler]
. I hope this helps. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Tommynator

#3 Post by Tommynator » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Sorry, but I'm having trouble making it work. Deleted prior attempt.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Great job, Tommynator!

I added formatting and answers to your transcript (please check my work). You can use that post as a template in the future. You should also include commercial breaks and the QotD. You'll have to get the BBTranscriptTeam password, and learn how to move posts from the WWTBAM Show Transcripts forum to the WWTBAM Bored Posts forum.

Snaxx is looking for a replacement Tuesday transcriber. Can you do it? (I can take both of today's shows if you haven't recorded them.)

Is the transcript correct that only 9% of the audience was right? Malcolm played smartly to avoid getting tripped up.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 am

Tommynator wrote:Malcolm Brooks
College graduate
Pensacola, Fla.

Malcolm's twin brother, Hannibal, was on the show during Beginner's Luck Week last season.
Tommynator wrote:$20,000
If you were to spell out "Millionaire" using the NATO phonetic alphabet that begins "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie," you'd say words matching all of these, except what?
A. The capital of Peru B. A diminutive form of "Michael"
C. A U.S. state D. The 11th month of the year

(Plus-1, Malcolm's dad, Larry, was used as lifeline here)
His dad went through the alphabet and both of them realized there were no states mentioned.
Tommynator wrote:$30,000
The cover of Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" issue has featured only four women by themselves, including all but whom?
A. Queen Elizabeth II B. Angela Merkel
C. Hillary Clinton D. Corazon Aquino

Malcolm goes ATA on lifelines first..
A. 23% B. 19%
C. 9% D. 49%

Still not sure, Malcolm hopes Hillary Clinton will still be there with the 50/50.
50/50 leaves A and C.
The audience really fell down on this one, but I'm not surprised. Clinton has been in the news a lot.
Tommynator wrote:Malcolm walks with $30,000.
His twin brother made it to the $50,000 question but missed it and left with $5,000.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Tommynator

#6 Post by Tommynator » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:15 pm

jarnon wrote:Great job, Tommynator!

I added formatting and answers to your transcript (please check my work). You can use that post as a template in the future. You should also include commercial breaks and the QotD. You'll have to get the BBTranscriptTeam password, and learn how to move posts from the WWTBAM Show Transcripts forum to the WWTBAM Bored Posts forum.

Snaxx is looking for a replacement Tuesday transcriber. Can you do it? (I can take both of today's shows if you haven't recorded them.)

Is the transcript correct that only 9% of the audience was right? Malcolm played smartly to avoid getting tripped up.
Thanks, Jarnon!
Everything looks excellent. Sorry about the QotD and commercials. The 9% for Hillary was right.
Sorry, but my transcribing was a one-time shot. I don't have cable, and the episode was uploaded to YT already, so that motivated me to help out.