Skoop, tmitsss, mini

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Skoop, tmitsss, mini

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Be safe. Looks like Charlotte may be in the path, too, etc. shit whichever way it goes
Well, then

Bob Juch

Re: Skoop, tmitsss, mini

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

This may be worse than Hugo. :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm still feeling pretty safe in CLT but the Eastern chunk of the state is going to get clobbered.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 am

Now it looks like upper SC will get bombed. This thing is so slow, everyone has had time to do whatever they need to do.

We are on top of a hill and upstairs, so flooding won't be a personal issue, but we frequently lose power or water in our complex due to many reasons. Today we will pick up loose items from the balcony, and check prescriptions. Seems like a good excuse to load up on Gatorade, too.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:05 am

Best luck to everyone in the way.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 am

Good luck to all our Bored Buddies on the east coast. Stay safe and dry.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:Now it looks like upper SC will get bombed. This thing is so slow, everyone has had time to do whatever they need to do.

We are on top of a hill and upstairs, so flooding won't be a personal issue, but we frequently lose power or water in our complex due to many reasons. Today we will pick up loose items from the balcony, and check prescriptions. Seems like a good excuse to load up on Gatorade, too.
Good ideas all. Try to check in when possible. Will be thinking good thoughts and sending them your way.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:Good luck to all our Bored Buddies on the east coast. Stay safe and dry.
silverscreenselect wrote:Best luck to everyone in the way.

Indeed.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

kroxquo

#9 Post by kroxquo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Here in Goldsboro, NC we have battened down the hatches and are just waiting. I saw a meme that says waiting on a hurricane is like being stalked by a turtle and it does feel that way. Mrs. Krox is a paramedic so I am thinking I may not see her for quite a while. Hoping for the best.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:21 pm

kroxquo wrote:Here in Goldsboro, NC we have battened down the hatches and are just waiting. I saw a meme that says waiting on a hurricane is like being stalked by a turtle and it does feel that way. Mrs. Krox is a paramedic so I am thinking I may not see her for quite a while. Hoping for the best.
Be safe. Stalked by a turtle is rather brilliant.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#11 Post by Vandal » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:52 am

Now it's a sharkicane.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Pastor Fireball

#12 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:14 am

Vandal wrote:Now it's a sharkicane.
Please don't give SyFy ideas!
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Ritterskoop

#13 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:21 am

We are still good in CLT; some breezes is all. I am working dayside to get out three early papers; I don't know how Myrtle Beach isn't one of them.

Hilton Head, Durham, Raleigh: way early
Rock Hill: some early
Myrtle Beach: half hour early
Charlotte, Columbia: one hour early

Everyone else normal. The two Georgia papers are not in the north, so they should be unaffected over the weekend. Everyone else in our Eastern chunk is outside the path (Bradenton, Lexington, State College). Well, I guess LEX could have an issue in a few days.
--------

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 am

Stay safe, all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:19 am

Ritterskoop wrote:We are still good in CLT; some breezes is all. I am working dayside to get out three early papers; I don't know how Myrtle Beach isn't one of them.

Hilton Head, Durham, Raleigh: way early
Rock Hill: some early
Myrtle Beach: half hour early
Charlotte, Columbia: one hour early

Everyone else normal. The two Georgia papers are not in the north, so they should be unaffected over the weekend. Everyone else in our Eastern chunk is outside the path (Bradenton, Lexington, State College). Well, I guess LEX could have an issue in a few days.
Is the airport still open?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#16 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 am

Yep.
--------

themanintheseersuckersuit

#17 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:42 pm

The rain is just getting started here, been boring so far.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

christie1111
11:11

#18 Post by christie1111 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:00 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:The rain is just getting started here, been boring so far.
Hope it stays that way. There is a lot to be said about boring.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

christie1111
11:11

#19 Post by christie1111 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

I ave an Aunt and Uncle in Beauford, SC but they decided this would be a good time to visit relatives near Philly. They were thinking they would go back tomorrow. Everyone is trying to explain that they won't be allowed back yet and it is moving so slowly that it will still be pretty bad. They may figure it out if they try to go back though.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

#20 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm

christie1111 wrote:I ave an Aunt and Uncle in Beauford, SC but they decided this would be a good time to visit relatives near Philly. They were thinking they would go back tomorrow. Everyone is trying to explain that they won't be allowed back yet and it is moving so slowly that it will still be pretty bad. They may figure it out if they try to go back though.
Beaufort SC is in pretty good shape. Beaufort NC (bo fort) no so much. I would not want to be driving on I-95 in the Carolinas tomorrow.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Ritterskoop

#21 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Still nothing of interest to report in Charlotte, though they keep promising we will get enough rain to cause big flooding. The wind was interesting this afternoon but has gone away tonight.
--------

Ritterskoop

#22 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:19 pm

And on another note, we were looking for a new show to stream, and I convinced roomie to try the new version of Queer Eye, and we are hooked. It is more about relationships and connections than about makeovers, in a good way. I like all the new guys, and can't decide between Tan and Bobby as my favorite. Jonathan's hair needs its own show, but that's another story.
--------

kroxquo

#23 Post by kroxquo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Worst of the storm is past us in Goldsboro and power was just restored after 27 hours (but only about 2 - 3 after storm conditions had passed and it was safe fro the power company to get to work). We sprang some leaks in the house, but otherwise all is well.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

#24 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Tami’s home in Southport is undamaged but all the roads to Southport are blocked by flooding. She will be staying a bit longer
Suitguy is not bitter.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#25 Post by Vandal » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 pm

It's much worse than reported elsewhere:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster