TMTSS

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

TMTSS

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Is Florence ready for Florence? Good luck.

I'm glad I don't live in Raleigh anymore. My house was at the bottom of a hill. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: TMTSS

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Good luck on getting through the storm with minimal damage. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 am

The new expected track for Florence has it going across South Carolina instead of heading to Raleigh. I'm glad I don't live in Blythewood anymore. My house there had water springing up under it and I had to pay over $10,000 to have the basement sealed with plastic sheeting and a sump pump installed. (It's on a slope down from the street.) The rain expected will overwhelm that system. :cry:

Myrtle Beach and the city of Florence are right in the path. Good luck again, TMTSS.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 am

Some of the recent projections have Florence passing through Florence as a Tropical Storm
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Some of the recent projections have Florence passing through Florence as a Tropical Storm
We can hope for that.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Some of the recent projections have Florence passing through Florence as a Tropical Storm
We can hope for that.
Um, no. Tropical storms are flooders.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
We can hope for that.
Yes, but hurricanes blow everything down then flood.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: We can hope for that.
Six of one etc. Been thru Allison or Harvey? Or Ike? We had wind in Ike and just saying. Both are pretty bad.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Um, no. Tropical storms are flooders.
Six of one etc. Been thru Allison or Harvey? Or Ike? We had wind in Ike and just saying. Both are pretty bad.
I saw what Hugo did.