what is this called?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

what is this called?

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:09 pm

You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

What is this shit called?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: what is this called?

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.
Annoyance.
Well, then

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

Annoyance.
Pulsatile tinnitus? I googled it, not very carefully.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Rap? :roll:
Jaybee

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm

jaybee wrote:Rap? :roll:
That goes beyond annoyance, for me :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Annoyance.
Pulsatile tinnitus? I googled it, not very carefully.
You're right, you weren't careful. That's tinnitus that is in sync with your pulse rate.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Learning stuff.

The area I am talking about is called the suprasternal notch or sometimes the jugular notch. It is the dip above the sternum between the collarbones.

Pic: https://www.earthslab.com/anatomy/jugul ... nal-notch/

I still don't know what to call the sensation.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:Learning stuff.

The area I am talking about is called the suprasternal notch or sometimes the jugular notch. It is the dip above the sternum between the collarbones.

Pic: https://www.earthslab.com/anatomy/jugul ... nal-notch/

I still don't know what to call the sensation.
Good vibrations?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SpacemanSpiff

#9 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Such a sound system got an employee at a prior job fired. I kid you not.

Not because of the sound system, per se. But because the violator was a repeat offender of tardiness, and he always said he was in the bathroom (or something) at his starting time. The problem was that everyone in the building know when he pulled into the parking lot because of the sound system, including his boss, and it eventually caught up with him.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

jarnon

#10 Post by jarnon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Here's something else that I've experienced since I was a kid, but didn't know what it was till I looked it up: tingling in my scalp when I concentrate deeply. It's a real thing, called autonomous sensory meridian response.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי