Kavanaugh

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Kavanaugh

#526 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:45 am

silverscreenselect wrote:The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.
You've lost your ability to present reasoned arguments supported by facts, or heck, even conjecture, to support your positions. You used to be better.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#527 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:01 am

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.
You've lost your ability to present reasoned arguments supported by facts, or heck, even conjecture, to support your positions. You used to be better.
Seriously, as tbe one who started this thread can't I invoke Godwin's law? Beast! Delete this thread. pleasepleazeplease
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#528 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote: Your list doesn't include a single instance where Trump incited violence. In one of the eight "examples," he suggested that, if people see someone preparing an assault, they might "knock the crap out of them." That's defensive.

None of the others have anything to do with inciting future violence. One of the sections even cuts the actual quote short, removing where he specifically says, "DON'T."
Trump often, but not always, semi-sort-of-kind-of walks back his statements at a later point, usually in a tone of voice or accompanied by gestures that indicate to everyone what his real feelings are. That gives literalist commentators the cover they need to say that Trump really wasn't advocating violence while stirring up his followers in exactly the way he intends. The similarities between Trump's rallies and Hitler's early rally speeches are startling.

I would think you had the intelligence to realize this. So, either you're one of Trump's rubes or you're cynical enough not to care.
The only people acting like nazis are the leftists supported by Soros. I will pray for you, too.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#529 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
I'm far from the only person to note the similarities:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/opin ... lying.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68506.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/critics-s ... ropaganda/

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/31/how-th ... n-of-1932/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#530 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:20 pm

BackInTex wrote:
I'm far from the only person to note the similarities:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/opin ... lying.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68506.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/critics-s ... ropaganda/

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/31/how-th ... n-of-1932/
You also are far from the only person who suffers from TDS.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#531 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
Me neither. Ask Maxine Waters and Corey Booker. Then ask why anyone would vote for people who advocate that.
You said stuff, Flock, but you didn't answer the questions: How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
I guess I have to be literal.

It is not someone's civic duty to yell at anyone at a restaurant or anywhere else. It is not anyone's civic duty to throw tomatoes at anyone's house because they don't agree with their politics. It is not anyone's civic duty to get in a politician's face and scream expletives at them. In actuality, it is ignorant, rude and destructive behavior, and is not in any way to be equated to civil disobedience. It is totally disrespectful to disrupt public hearings.
Yet there are many, and they seem to be mostly on the left, that seem to think that it is a noble endeavor to do so. And some of those people have been voted into positions of power and urge their constituents to do so. I give you Ms. Waters and Mr. Booker among others.
Since you mentioned that you were part of a 'protest', I wondered if any of your bunch were of that persuasion, or were urged to do something like that by someone who thinks it is a noble endeavor.

I think you know what I meant.
Thank you for literal and detailed answer.

You give me more credit than I deserve, Flock. I did not know what you meant -- it was incomprehensible to me.

No, our folks are not persuaded that screaming at officials* and throwing tomatoes at them is civic duty or anything close to it. Here we are: https://durangoherald.com/articles/244092

* We used to have some tea partiers who screamed at officials in town hall meetings and such, but they were usually shushed by others in the audience, and if that didn't work, someone politely asked them to leave. Then they would quiet down or leave.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#532 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
You said stuff, Flock, but you didn't answer the questions: How is it someone's civic duty to yell at her senator and his family at a restaurant? Even more incomprehensible, how is it someone's civic duty to follow someone home and throw tomatoes at his house?
I guess I have to be literal.

It is not someone's civic duty to yell at anyone at a restaurant or anywhere else. It is not anyone's civic duty to throw tomatoes at anyone's house because they don't agree with their politics. It is not anyone's civic duty to get in a politician's face and scream expletives at them. In actuality, it is ignorant, rude and destructive behavior, and is not in any way to be equated to civil disobedience. It is totally disrespectful to disrupt public hearings.
Yet there are many, and they seem to be mostly on the left, that seem to think that it is a noble endeavor to do so. And some of those people have been voted into positions of power and urge their constituents to do so. I give you Ms. Waters and Mr. Booker among others.
Since you mentioned that you were part of a 'protest', I wondered if any of your bunch were of that persuasion, or were urged to do something like that by someone who thinks it is a noble endeavor.

You give me more credit than I deserve, Flock. I did not know what you meant -- it was incomprehensible to me.

No, our folks are not persuaded that screaming at officials* and throwing tomatoes at them is civic duty or anything close to it. Here we are: https://durangoherald.com/articles/244092

* We used to have some tea partiers who screamed at officials in town hall meetings and such, but they were usually shushed by others in the audience, and if that didn't work, someone politely asked them to leave. Then they would quiet down or leave.
Sprots. You have not seen nor heard of the protests? I find that odd. You're sharp.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#533 Post by Estonut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:* We used to have some tea partiers who screamed at officials in town hall meetings and such, but they were usually shushed by others in the audience, and if that didn't work, someone politely asked them to leave. Then they would quiet down or leave.
That is no longer the case. Nowadays, they disrupt until removed and arrested.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#534 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:* We used to have some tea partiers who screamed at officials in town hall meetings and such, but they were usually shushed by others in the audience, and if that didn't work, someone politely asked them to leave. Then they would quiet down or leave.
The tea party isn't a thing anymore.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#535 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Chief Justice John Roberts Accused of ‘Cover Up’ for Sitting on Kavanaugh Misconduct Complaints

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ch ... omplaints/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#536 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
The tea party isn't a thing anymore.
Yes, it is. The Tea party, as portrayed by the MSM, never existed. The dems and the MSM did the same thing to us as they did to Kavanaugh. But there are millions of us that are against Federal overreach, fiscal incompetence and concentration of power in Washington. And we are still making our presence known at the ballot box.

flockofseagulls104

#537 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Chief Justice John Roberts Accused of ‘Cover Up’ for Sitting on Kavanaugh Misconduct Complaints

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ch ... omplaints/
According to Judge Henderson's statement, these complaints are pertaining to the statements he made during the confirmation hearings. I'm suuuuuuurrrreeee these complaints are serious and credible and deserve to be heard.

Unless there's something else, or Judge Henderson is misremembering something, I would think this qualifies as fake news.

silverscreenselect

#538 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: According to Judge Henderson's statement, these complaints are pertaining to the statements he made during the confirmation hearings. I'm suuuuuuurrrreeee these complaints are serious and credible and deserve to be heard.

Unless there's something else, or Judge Henderson is misremembering something, I would think this qualifies as fake news.
Any public statements a judge makes, especially in a public forum, deserve scrutiny for possible bias. A judge is not held to the same standards as you or I, regular lawyers, or ordinary politicians. Judge Henderson, a Reagan and Bush 2 appointee, found some of them serious enough to refer to Chief Justice Roberts. But your judgment and knowledge of the law and legal ethics are so much better than hers.

Once again, whenever someone says something you don't like, it's either fake news or Trump derangement syndrome.

BackInTex

#539 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: According to Judge Henderson's statement, these complaints are pertaining to the statements he made during the confirmation hearings. I'm suuuuuuurrrreeee these complaints are serious and credible and deserve to be heard.

Any public statements a judge makes, especially in a public forum, deserve scrutiny for possible bias. A judge is not held to the same standards as you or I, regular lawyers, or ordinary politicians. Judge Henderson, a Reagan and Bush 2 appointee, found some of them serious enough to refer to Chief Justice Roberts. But your judgment and knowledge of the law and legal ethics are so much better than hers.

Once again, whenever someone says something you don't like, it's either fake news or Trump derangement syndrome.
I don’t recall the investigations of RBG. Perhaps I missed them?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#540 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Jumping fucking jehosophat and angleworms and
YOU FUCKING LOST.
Find something else to entertain yourself before your afternoon nap.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#541 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

As usual, the headline that BJ send and the one from the WP implies these are old accusations from his period on the circuit, and the Roberts had been sitting on them for some time. I only found the truth by drilling down to the letter they referred to. This is NOT journalism. This is fake news.

This is more stupid crap from the left. Just grow up.

silverscreenselect

#542 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: As usual, the headline that BJ send and the one from the WP implies these are old accusations from his period on the circuit, and the Roberts had been sitting on them for some time. I only found the truth by drilling down to the letter they referred to. This is NOT journalism. This is fake news.

No, the Washington Post headline said they were complaints about Kavanaugh's testimony. The Law and Crime headline was more vague but didn't imply anything. You chose to interpret it that way so you could label this as "fake news."

And by drilling down, I guess you mean reading the article. I know that's a difficult concept for you to master, but most people manage it.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#543 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I guess I have to be literal.

Sprots. You have not seen nor heard of the protests? I find that odd. You're sharp.
Thank you, MsKing. What I found incomprehensible was how it would be someone's civic duty to yell at officials and throw tomatoes at them. I believe it was my failure to comprehend what Flock was saying. As Skoop mentioned a loooooong time ago, it's sometime very difficult to decipher sarcasm in these posts. But maybe it was even more basic than that and not sarcasm that I missed at all. I do appreciate Flock's effort and energy in providing that explanation.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

flockofseagulls104

#544 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

Thank you, MsKing. What I found incomprehensible was how it would be someone's civic duty to yell at officials and throw tomatoes at them. I believe it was my failure to comprehend what Flock was saying. As Skoop mentioned a loooooong time ago, it's sometime very difficult to decipher sarcasm in these posts. But maybe it was even more basic than that and not sarcasm that I missed at all. I do appreciate Flock's effort and energy in providing that explanation.
It was sarcasm. And I find it very worrisome that people in power, that apparently you seem to support, not only do not condemn the behavior of the people that do these sort of things, but actually encourage it and possibly even organize and pay for it. Why is there no outcry on the left to tell these people to stop disrupting senate hearings with demonstrations of childishness, to stop accosting and harassing duly elected representatives, to correct them in their rude and uncivilized behavior, and to point out the flaws in their demands and 'arguments'?

People who have different opinions see that kind of thing and, because there seems to be no one on the left that is condemning it, assume that is what the democrat party is, and will continue to be.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#545 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:01 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: As usual, the headline that BJ send and the one from the WP implies these are old accusations from his period on the circuit, and the Roberts had been sitting on them for some time. I only found the truth by drilling down to the letter they referred to. This is NOT journalism. This is fake news.

No, the Washington Post headline said they were complaints about Kavanaugh's testimony. The Law and Crime headline was more vague but didn't imply anything. You chose to interpret it that way so you could label this as "fake news."

And by drilling down, I guess you mean reading the article. I know that's a difficult concept for you to master, but most people manage it.
Did either article actually, you know, mention what the alleged complaints were? The article linked here was a lot of words about absolutely nothing.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#546 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:53 am

Bob Juch wrote:Senator Collins is making it obvious that she has always supported Kavanaugh. She's using her announcement just to grandstand an endorsement for him. :evil:
I can see why she needed time to announce her decision. She had the White House speechwriters working overtime putting her thoughts together for her.
What makes you think the White House has speechwriters?
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#547 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:08 am

Bob Juch wrote:The 51 Senators who voted "Yes" represent 143.2 million Americans.
The 49 Senators who voted "No" represent 181.8 million Americans.
How cute!

BJ is copying his memes from Leonard Hofstadter now...
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#548 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:I haven't heard anyone complain about how Gorsuch has acted.
Yet all but 3 Democrats voted against his nomination.
And for all practical purposes, every Republican in the Senate voted against Merrick Garland before ever hearing from him.
Mitch McConnell and the 11 Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee made the decision not to vote on his nomination. The other 42 Republican Senators at the time had nothing to do with it.
silverscreenselect wrote:The Democrats feared that his decisions wouldn't be in the mainstream of current liberal judicial philosophy and they are arguably correct in that.
Fixed it for ya!
silverscreenselect wrote:They didn't bring any allegations of sexual assault or things of that nature because Gorsuch, unlike Kavanaugh, did not have anything of that nature in his background.
Kavanaugh didn't either, until he made Trump's short list for SC.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#549 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:38 am

Estonut wrote: Your list doesn't include a single instance where Trump incited violence. In one of the eight "examples," he suggested that, if people see someone preparing an assault, they might "knock the crap out of them." That's defensive.

None of the others have anything to do with inciting future violence. One of the sections even cuts the actual quote short, removing where he specifically says, "DON'T."
Trump often, but not always, semi-sort-of-kind-of walks back his statements at a later point, usually in a tone of voice or accompanied by gestures that indicate to everyone what his real feelings are. That gives literalist commentators the cover they need to say that Trump really wasn't advocating violence while stirring up his followers in exactly the way he intends.
The article was presented as a list of 8 times that Trump incited violence among his followers. It was composed of the original allegedly incendiary comments, NOT semi-sort-of-kind-of walk-backs. Snopes confirmed the quotes, but DID NOT say they had incited any violence.
I didn't know you're THAT old, or that you understand German.
silverscreenselect wrote:I would think you had the intelligence to realize this. So, either you're one of Trump's rubes or you're cynical enough not to care.
For someone who sees himself as all-knowing and mind-reading, these are the ONLY 2 possibilities of which you can conceive? I guess you're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#550 Post by Estonut » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:41 am

silverscreenselect wrote:That gives literalist commentators the cover they need to say that Trump really wasn't advocating violence while stirring up his followers in exactly the way he intends.
So, all of a sudden, Trump is no longer an absolute moron, rather, he's some sophisticated code-talker? Who knew?
Groucho Marx