Angel Hernandez

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Angel Hernandez

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 am

That was possibly the worst example of field umpiring in playoff history. He had three calls overturned at first base in the first four innings of the Red Sox/Yankees ALDS game, and two of them were not even close. He had another overturned at second in the previous game.

It gets better, because Hernandez will be the home plate umpire for Tuesday’s Game 4.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

CB Bucknor
Merry Man

Re: Angel Hernandez

#2 Post by CB Bucknor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am

Vandal wrote:That was possibly the worst example of field umpiring in playoff history. He had three calls overturned at first base in the first four innings of the Red Sox/Yankees ALDS game, and two of them were not even close. He had another overturned at second in the previous game.

It gets better, because Hernandez will be the home plate umpire for Tuesday’s Game 4.

And this is why Angel fought for us shitt.....er, minority umpires to get more playoff assignments! So we can show off our stuff on a national level!

Way to make The Blue proud, AH! The haters can just get themselves tossed!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr outta here!!!!!!

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 am

Vandal wrote:That was possibly the worst example of field umpiring in playoff history. He had three calls overturned at first base in the first four innings of the Red Sox/Yankees ALDS game, and two of them were not even close. He had another overturned at second in the previous game.

ughhh. NOT good news. He was, at least, lousy in his calls for both teams last night.

He is an absolutely terrible ump. On top of that, he has a thin skin and a quick ejection trigger. He cannot take dissent of any kind and seems to enjoy being the center of attention. I groan every time I see that he's working behind the plate. Geez, didn't I do enough groaning over the game itself LAST night?

As the old saying goes, the best umps are the ones you DON'T notice.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:

ughhh. NOT good news. He was, at least, lousy in his calls for both teams last night.

He is an absolutely terrible ump. On top of that, he has a thin skin and a quick ejection trigger. He cannot take dissent of any kind and seems to enjoy being the center of attention. I groan every time I see that he's working behind the plate. Geez, didn't I do enough groaning over the game itself LAST night?

As the old saying goes, the best umps are the ones you DON'T notice.

He loved to sign for the autograph hounds outside Busch Stadium back in the day when he was just a terrible NL umpire... probably out of a sense of hubris. He and Eric Gregg (Who was a questionable umpire himself, though a much better person than Mr. Hernandez) are the only two umps I ever got a signature from...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am

Go Stros!
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:09 pm

MLB argues umpire Angel Hernandez's 3 overturned calls in 2018 ALDS cost him World Series spot

Angel Hernandez was on track to umpire in the 2018 World Series before getting overturned three times at first base on video reviews during Game 3 of that year's American League Division Series between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox, MLB wrote in response to his latest legal filing.

The Cuba-born Hernandez was hired as a big league umpire in 1993 and sued in 2017, alleging he was discriminated against because he had not been assigned to the World Series since 2005 and had been passed over for crew chief.

"Hernandez has not presented, and the record does not contain, a scintilla of evidence that MLB's actions were based on his race or national origin," MLB wrote in a 58-page filing on Wednesday.

MLB said Hernandez doesn't have a legal basis to claim that he need not show discrimination statistically because of the relatively small sample sizes involved in his case.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/344 ... eries-spot
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster