I had a fun day

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

I had a fun day

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm

My heart decided to goof off this morning and not beat at all for several seconds many times. I felt like I was just about to pass out. When that happened I was actually able to see it on my pulse oximeter; the bars didn't show at all. I called 911 and the EMTs hooked me up. The EKG showed what I felt and saw so they hauled me down to the hospital which is now just three miles away. (I didn't choose the location of my new house based on that though.)

After a couple of hours, the near syncope stopped but the EKG was still abnormal. They kept me until about 4:00 and sent me home. I already had an appointment scheduled with my cardiologist tomorrow afternoon and he had them tell me to cut my Metoprolol back to 25mg twice a day. The blood tests showed my TSH was lower than it should be which means the thyroid drug I'm taking is working but not well enough. I'm going to call my endocrinologist tomorrow to ask if I should start taking three instead of two Methimazole 10mg tablets twice a day.

It's good that I didn't go to New Jersey this week. While I was in the ER I got a call telling me I won't go to New Jersey next week either but will be working from home and fly there for the 22nd.

Did I tell you the project is with Express Scripts? I'd ask for a discount but when I refilled the three meds I take in anticipation of running out while in NJ, the total copayment was just $9 for 30-day supplies.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

Re: I had a fun day

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Sheesh. They gotta get this straightened out.

You may want to take the train(s) to NJ instead of fly..Seriously.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Sheesh. They gotta get this straightened out.

You may want to take the train(s) to NJ instead of fly..Seriously.
The only thing more stressful than flying across the country is taking a train across the country. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:46 pm

I was thinking that there's no change in atmospheric pressure (well, maybe around Denver if you go that route) on a train. And you can hike up & down the car.

And they can stop the train for health emergencies.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:57 pm

ghostjmf wrote:I was thinking that there's no change in atmospheric pressure (well, maybe around Denver if you go that route) on a train. And you can hike up & down the car.

And they can stop the train for health emergencies.
Your ears never pop on airplanes?