You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

#401 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Go peruse the stupid bigotted thread you started, which you still owe me an apology for, aSSShole.
I said I wouldn't pursue this thread, but you're sure making it difficult. But if North Korea denuclearizes, I will apologize.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#402 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the canceled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
Cheating? They didn't agree to anything.
Bob Juch is exactly right.

Nothing that they have done violates any commitment that they made.

jarnon

#403 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:56 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the canceled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob

It reminds me of the Iran deal. Iran can obey the letter of the agreement and still hate America and Israel, arm its buddies in Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, etc., and oppress its own people, especially women. Those of us who wished the deal would soften up the regime are disappointed.

North Korea's nuclear weapons program is far ahead of Iran's, and denuclearization by itself would be great. South Korea and Japan have other demands, like returning their kidnapped citizens. But I don't expect Kim to become less brutal.

Trump showed Kim how much he has to gain by joining "the real world." Unfortunately, dictators don't think that way.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#404 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I have not heard that they've repatriated the remains of the Korean War dead that they seem to have promised to return.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#405 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:41 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:So you think personal shots are only OK when people aren't around to defend themselves. Got it.

I suspect you'd deem that cowardly if someone else were doing it.
No, I'm not saying anything behind Donny's back that I wouldn't say to his face.

I'm making a different point. I'll take hits because people think I should show Donny more respect because he works in the Oval Office. I'm doing it for a specific reason and I'll defend that reason. Name-calling between participants of the Bored, however, is nothing more than an effort to bully the target into submission. Not going to happen.
How many times have you Tweeted "Donny" about your position? This is about the only way you could have direct access to him. Say it to his phone.
Bob, you have direct access to the President. How many times have you tweeted your disagreements to him?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#406 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Bob Juch wrote: I have not heard that they've repatriated the remains of the Korean War dead that they seem to have promised to return.
And it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon, since Kim Jong Un skipped out on a scheduled meeting with Mike Pompeo to discuss the repatriation of U.S. troop remains. Kim's reason: to visit a potato farm. That's after a session the week before that Pompeo called "productive" followed by the North Koreans criticizing the "regrettable" U.S. negotiating style and accused Pompeo of making gangster-like demands.

It's truly sad that Bob and hundreds of other families are being toyed with by the North Koreans as a result of Donald Trump's latest huuuuuge negotiating success.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 92dc8b0811

flockofseagulls104

#407 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I have not heard that they've repatriated the remains of the Korean War dead that they seem to have promised to return.
And it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon, since Kim Jong Un skipped out on a scheduled meeting with Mike Pompeo to discuss the repatriation of U.S. troop remains. Kim's reason: to visit a potato farm. That's after a session the week before that Pompeo called "productive" followed by the North Koreans criticizing the "regrettable" U.S. negotiating style and accused Pompeo of making gangster-like demands.

It's truly sad that Bob and hundreds of other families are being toyed with by the North Koreans as a result of Donald Trump's latest huuuuuge negotiating success.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 92dc8b0811
I agree. If this report is true, we need to see some response from the administration. That can't remain unanswered.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#408 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:39 am

I sincerely hope BJ's father is among these.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/26/worl ... mains.html

I will not comment further at this time.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#409 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:57 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I sincerely hope BJ's father is among these.
Thank you.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#410 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 am

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I sincerely hope BJ's father is among these.
Thank you.
Ditto.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#411 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:09 am

Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the cancelled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
Those predictions were correct.
https://www.defensenews.com/flashpoints ... ttis-says/

silverscreenselect

#412 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:43 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the cancelled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
So, please remind me again what we got out of that "big" summit meeting other than a few photo ops?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKCN1LD04D

Here's what the North Koreans got: Enhanced international status and time to rebuild their nuclear facility:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics ... index.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ished.html

flockofseagulls104

#413 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
So, please remind me again what we got out of that "big" summit meeting other than a few photo ops?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japa ... SKCN1LD04D

Here's what the North Koreans got: Enhanced international status and time to rebuild their nuclear facility:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics ... index.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ished.html
Oh, you haven't acknowledged that bob-tel, and you, were wrong. But that's OK, you are never wrong in your echo chamber.

jarnon

#414 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Nobody thought peace with North Korea would be easy. OTOH, Trump and the outgoing Mexican president agreed to the outline of a trade agreement. It doesn't pay for the Wall. And so far, Canada isn't on board. Somehow, sweet likeable Canada has managed to piss off both Trump and the Saudi crown prince.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#415 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 pm

In the echo chamber, anything less than Kim and Trump holding hands and singing Kum Ba Ya and Kim surrendering unconditionally all NKs weapons immediately would be a failure. But even that would be criticized.

silverscreenselect

#416 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:00 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:In the echo chamber, anything less than Kim and Trump holding hands and singing Kum Ba Ya and Kim surrendering unconditionally all NKs weapons immediately would be a failure. But even that would be criticized.
Remind me again, please, just what we've gotten out of this agreement other than some neat pictures of Trump and Kim shaking hands.

And also please remind me exactly what I was wrong about in regard to these so-called negotiations.

jarnon

#417 Post by jarnon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Warren lied about her ancestry to obtain a personal advantage. trump did not originate the nickname 'Pocohontas' but he uses it often to remind people of that. I am pretty certain that if she posted on this board, she would be a female version of bob-tel. Arrogant, self-righteous and self-serving. Based on the lambasting he gets for everything he says or does, I think Warren is getting off easy.
Warren finally had a DNA test, confirming she has a bit of American Indian ancestry.

Warren releases results of DNA test

A private lab performed the test and a well-regarded genetic scientist analyzed it. [soapbox]They're more accurate than commercial DNA testers. I'm a devoted amateur genealogist myself, but I only use paper trails, never DNA.[/soapbox]

The test can't determine exactly how many generations ago her Indian ancestor lived, or what tribe he or she belonged to. Indians, a small minority to begin with, are wary of DNA testing, so there aren't many samples to compare to.

Let's see if Trump stops calling her Pocahontas or makes a donation as he promised. I expect we'll hear that those comments were all jokes, like the silly names he calls his rivals.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#418 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 am

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Warren lied about her ancestry to obtain a personal advantage. trump did not originate the nickname 'Pocohontas' but he uses it often to remind people of that. I am pretty certain that if she posted on this board, she would be a female version of bob-tel. Arrogant, self-righteous and self-serving. Based on the lambasting he gets for everything he says or does, I think Warren is getting off easy.
Warren finally had a DNA test, confirming she has a bit of American Indian ancestry.
And once again, the right wing noise machine, which mischaracterized Warren's statements about her ancestry, along with their spokesman-in-chief, Trump, and their always at the ready tool, Flock, are proved wrong. Apparently, Trump now claims he never said he would donate that million to charity, but Warren has already released the charity she wants the donation to go to.

flockofseagulls104

#419 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 am

jarnon wrote:
And once again, the right wing noise machine, which mischaracterized Warren's statements about her ancestry, along with their spokesman-in-chief, Trump, and their always at the ready tool, Flock, are proved wrong.
It is so frustrating that aSSShole keeps living Feb 2nd over and over again.
Here is what I posted about Elizabeth Warren, but once again it can be ignored by SSS in order to take a childish swipe at me.
And you know what the answer is? It doesn't matter whether it's true or false. Because it's in the public domain now. We will NEVER know if it's true or false. Even if it is proven one way or another, there will always be people that are fixed to one side or another. Just like the daily revelations about trump. Just like "Hands up, Don't Shoot". It doesn't matter if they're true or false, just as long as they get into the public domain. Then people take their sides.

And that's beside the point.

trump uses 'Pocohontas' because it's in the public domain and it's a way to disparage someone who disparages him. Junior High School stuff. I'm surprised BJ isn't one of his fans, because they debate on the same level.

I truly don't care whether she lied about it to gain advantage or not. It's the policies that she advances that repulse me about her. And the same thing in reverse for trump. His personality and approach to campaigning repulse me about him, but on some of the more important policies, I agree with him.

Of course, in Warrens case, it is a double whammy. I can't stand her personality either.

silverscreenselect

#420 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:18 am

Warren finally had a DNA test, confirming she has a bit of American Indian ancestry.[/quote]

Flock might actually have a target to vent his anger at. House Majority Leader (for the next three months) Kevin McCarthy's brother-in-law received millions in federal contracts under a program designed to benefit Native Americans, although his claim to Native American heritage was labeled "dubious" by the Los Angeles Times and flatly refuted by leaders of recognized Cherokee tribes.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california ... story.html

I'm waiting for the torrent of righteous indignation from Flock, along with his condemnation of the violence from the white nationalist Proud Boys in New York over the weekend as representative of the attitude of right wingers in general. Or, while we're at it, Senator David Perdue grabbing a cell phone from a Georgia Tech student who tried to ask him a question.

And waiting. And waiting.

silverscreenselect

#421 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Here is what I posted about Elizabeth Warren, but once again it can be ignored by SSS in order to take a childish swipe at me.
No, Flock, like your role model, Donald Trump, you ignore what you post whenever it's inconvenient. Take a look at Jarnon's quote again.

flockofseagulls104

#422 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 am

Flock might actually have a target to vent his anger at. House Majority Leader (for the next three months) Kevin McCarthy's brother-in-law received millions in federal contracts under a program designed to benefit Native Americans, although his claim to Native American heritage was labeled "dubious" by the Los Angeles Times and flatly refuted by leaders of recognized Cherokee tribes.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california ... story.html

I'm waiting for the torrent of righteous indignation from Flock, along with his condemnation of the violence from the white nationalist Proud Boys in New York over the weekend as representative of the attitude of right wingers in general. Or, while we're at it, Senator David Perdue grabbing a cell phone from a Georgia Tech student who tried to ask him a question.

And waiting. And waiting.[/quote]

It doesn't seem to be about Warren, or McCarthy or trump or Proud boys. It seems to be about me. Get over it SSS.

silverscreenselect

#423 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: It seems to be about me. Get over it SSS.
That's funny considering it comes from someone who insults me or the Bobs every chance he gets.

flockofseagulls104

#424 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: It seems to be about me. Get over it SSS.
That's funny considering it comes from someone who insults me or the Bobs every chance he gets.
Well, aSSShole, if you would do the right thing and apologize publicly for calling me a racist, and now an anti-semite, I would gladly reset my animus towards you. I offered before in a private message, and you ignored it.

silverscreenselect

#425 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Well, aSSShole, if you would do the right thing and apologize publicly for calling me a racist, and now an anti-semite, I would gladly reset my animus towards you.
Flock, you really need a refresher course on reading comprehension. You seem to have difficulty understanding what people write. Perhaps you could point out one time that I called you either a racist or an anti-Semite.

I have accused you of being gullible enough to parrot what some of them say without engaging in any critical thinking and I stand by that. You offer proof of that every single day.