Mid-terms predicition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Mid-terms predicition

#1 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:50 pm

Numbers after the election
Senate: Rep - 53, Dem - 45, Ind - 2
House: Rep - 230, Dem - 205

Much weeping an gnashing of teeth within the Dem party

I hope my math is correct. It IS Friday night.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Mid-terms predicition

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:14 am

BackInTex wrote:Numbers after the election

Reminder to self. Bookmark this post too.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

Reminder to self. Bookmark this post too.
Reminder to sss. You are technically incapable of setting a bookmark.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

bazodee

#4 Post by bazodee » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am

Senate:
R-52, D+I-48

House:
R-202, D-233

Some states will require runoffs in December to finalize results.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:09 am

I'll take the over. In both Houses. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:16 am

Bob78164 wrote:

I'll take the over. In both Houses. --Bob
You think after the election there will be more than 100 senators and more than 435 representatives?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 am

BackInTex wrote: You think after the election there will be more than 100 senators and more than 435 representatives?
It will only seem that way because the new Democrats will be so impressive.

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: You think after the election there will be more than 100 senators and more than 435 representatives?
It will only seem that way because the new Democrats will be so impressive.
It does seem Bob doesn't know what he's talking about.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pm

either

Bob and Bob and SSS will beyotch

or Bit, Flock and Esto will Beyotch.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:07 pm

a1mamacat wrote:either

I won't beyotch, because I never predicted anything. I won't be surprised whatever happens. But SSS will want to delete a lot of his posts if the repubs hold the house and senate.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Mid-terms prediction

#11 Post by Estonut » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 am

a1mamacat wrote:either

Wrong. Can you cite a single instance where I've bitched about an election result? I'll wait.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

My predictions:

Senate: Dems to pick up AZ, NV, and TX; Republicans to pick up ND, giving Democrats a 51-49 edge.
Governorship: Dems to pick up eight, including IL, FL, MI, making the split 26-24 R. There may be a runoff election here in GA which might depend on how everything else shakes out tomorrow.
House: Dems to pick up 35 seats (making the House 230-205 Democratic), including my district of GA6 and the adjacent suburban district GA7.

Senate control may depend on a runoff election in MS, which Republicans are fairly likely to win.

If the Senate is split 50/50, I think it's also 50/50 whether Lisa Murkowski announces before January that she will become an independent again and caucus with the Democrats.

No matter what happens, Donald Trump will take 100% of the credit for races in which Republicans do well and 0% of the blame for races in which Republicans do poorly.

Interesting notes: More people voted early in NV and TX than voted in total in 2014 in those states. Early voting by young voters (18-29) was up over 400% in GA and TX over 2014, over 700% in TN.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:My predictions:

Senate: Dems to pick up AZ, NV, and TX; Republicans to pick up ND, giving Democrats a 51-49 edge.
Governorship: Dems to pick up eight, including IL, FL, MI, making the split 26-24 R. There may be a runoff election here in GA which might depend on how everything else shakes out tomorrow.
House: Dems to pick up 35 seats (making the House 230-205 Democratic), including my district of GA6 and the adjacent suburban district GA7.

Senate control may depend on a runoff election in MS, which Republicans are fairly likely to win.

If the Senate is split 50/50, I think it's also 50/50 whether Lisa Murkowski announces before January that she will become an independent again and caucus with the Democrats.

No matter what happens, Donald Trump will take 100% of the credit for races in which Republicans do well and 0% of the blame for races in which Republicans do poorly.

Interesting notes: More people voted early in NV and TX than voted in total in 2014 in those states. Early voting by young voters (18-29) was up over 400% in GA and TX over 2014, over 700% in TN.
Your cousin Nate of 538 disagrees with you, saying there's only a 1 in 6 chance of the Democrats taking control. You didn't mention Missouri which is too close to call.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 am

Bob Juch wrote: You didn't mention Missouri which is too close to call.
I only listed those that I thought would change hands. I think MO and IN will remain Democratic and TN will remain Republican. Nate is actually more bullish than me in the House, predicting currently a 39 seat Democratic pickup.

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

My prediction:

If the right 'wins,' there will be two more years of whining, gnashing of teeth, stomping of feet, and pudendum chapeaus.
If the left 'wins,' the right will be grumpy, and then move on with the business of life.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#16 Post by Vandal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 pm

My prediction:

The spelling error in the subject line remains unfixed.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Vandal wrote:My prediction:

I miss Ed.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#18 Post by Estonut » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Vandal wrote:My prediction:

Not in every post...
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:40 pm

tlynn78 wrote:My prediction:

If the right 'wins,' there will be two more years of whining, gnashing of teeth, stomping of feet, and pudendum chapeaus.
If the left 'wins,' the right will be grumpy, and then move on with the business of life.
This isn't a game. For some people, it's literally life or death.

That's particularly true with respect to health care. McConnell has promised, if Republicans hold Congress, to take another crack at repealing the Affordable Care Act. And Republican officeholders all across the nation are trying to end coverage of pre-existing conditions. My son has pre-existing conditions. So does his mother -- she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. If not for Senator John McCain preventing the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, I'd spend the next years wondering and worrying whether the two of them would be able to obtain coverage at any price. And McConnell also wants to cut Medicare to help pay for the billionaires' tax cut, so it sounds like I have to worry about my own health care as well after I retire.

I can't help thinking about the young diabetic man who died not too long ago, a month or so after his 26th birthday, because he aged out of his parents' health insurance, tried to ration his insulin, and missed. So you're damn right that I'll maintain my clamor if Republicans win. My family's health and life are at risk, and there's no power on earth that can get me to stop fighting on their behalf. And in that cause I really don't care whose toes I have to step on. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

That's particularly true with respect to health care. McConnell has promised, if Republicans hold Congress, to take another crack at repealing the Affordable Care Act. And Republican officeholders all across the nation are trying to end coverage of pre-existing conditions. My son has pre-existing conditions. So does his mother -- she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. If not for Senator John McCain preventing the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, I'd spend the next years wondering and worrying whether the two of them would be able to obtain coverage at any price. And McConnell also wants to cut Medicare to help pay for the billionaires' tax cut, so it sounds like I have to worry about my own health care as well after I retire.

I can't help thinking about the young diabetic man who died not too long ago, a month or so after his 26th birthday, because he aged out of his parents' health insurance, tried to ration his insulin, and missed. So you're damn right that I'll maintain my clamor if Republicans win. My family's health and life are at risk, and there's no power on earth that can get me to stop fighting on their behalf. And in that cause I really don't care whose toes I have to step on. --Bob
Sounds like you're unwilling to pay for your son's medical needs.

You know who I keep thinking about? Rodney Joeseph Johnson and Kate Steinle.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Sounds like you're unwilling to pay for your son's medical needs.

You know who I keep thinking about? Rodney Joeseph Johnson and Kate Steinle.
If he can't get affordable coverage, I might not be able to afford his medical needs. One serious problem could result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in expenses. And that possibility is a lot more realistic, and happens to one helluva lot more people, than the scare tactics Donny has been using to demonize immigrants.

By the way, why do you think about those two victims (at least one of which was an accidental death, according to the jury) rather than, say, the victims of the Parkland shootings? Or the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglass? Or the kids from Sandy Hook? Just to name a few I can think of off the top of my head.

On that subject, please keep a good thought for 5LD. Her son's high school had a lockdown today. It's over, and everyone's all right, but I'm really tired of having this keep happening. --Bob

jarnon

#22 Post by jarnon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Also the thousands who will die because of pollution, climate change, being stuck in a war zone, and gun violence. The number killed by criminal immigrants and terrorists if Democrats win is much smaller.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Per usual post election day, I'm confused by Montana's purpleness.
How does Gianforte (R) won with a comfortable 25,049 vote lead, but Rosendale (R) lost to Tester by 15,318. It's weird to me that Rosendale didn't get at least as many votes as Gianforte, especially given that Rosendale didn't 'bodyslam' anyone.
Closer to home, we will have two new judicial departments in the new year, and in one, the winner (D-although listed on the ballot as non-partisan; most everyone knows who's D and who's R) in one department has a comfortable 7700 vote lead over the R candidate (both good attorneys who would do a good job), but in the other race, the Dem is leading the R by only 59 votes. where did those 7700 voters go, who went Dem in the other department? The (D) candidate is a much stronger candidate, in my opinion, and I just can't figure where her support went. Just weird.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ghostjmf

#24 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm

I so wish that diabetic kid had told the diabetic community of his troubles. A lot of us type 2s could have come up with enough insulin pens to keep this type 1 (who needed a lot more/day than we do) alive.

But he should have been covered by a National Health plan, & would have been in a civilized country.