AP says Sessions sent letter of resignation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

AP says Sessions sent letter of resignation

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:48 pm

.Tweety-bird45 says Matthew J. Whittaker to be temp replacement

Bob Juch

Re: AP says Sessions sent letter of resignation

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Sessions says he's "resigning at the President's request"

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Looks like some indictments are fixing to get unsealed real quick. I hope Roger Stone has his toothbrush packed.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:08 pm

And for those who say I don't give Trump any credit for anything he does:

Congratulations for taking down a Confederate monument.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....
Well the MSM warned us that Mueller was going to be fired and the 'investigation' was going to be terminated. Many unnamed sources familiar with the situation told us so at the time. ... oh, he's still there too....

Well, at least we know those reports weren't FAKE NEWS. ...oh, they were, weren't they....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....
Well the MSM warned us that Mueller was going to be fired and the 'investigation' was going to be terminated. Many unnamed sources familiar with the situation told us so at the time. ... oh, he's still there too....

Well, at least we know those reports weren't FAKE NEWS. ...oh, they were, weren't they....
Apparently, those fake news reports were generated by the White House.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said when asked who would be supervising Mueller's probe in the wake of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation.

Rosenstein had been supervising the Russia probe - overseeing Mueller's budget, indictments and subpoenas - since it began in May 2017 because of Sessions' recusal from all matters related to the 2016 presidential campaign.

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this?
It's been widely reported that Trump planned to fire Sessions immediately after the election.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Bob Juch wrote:The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said when asked who would be supervising Mueller's probe in the wake of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation.

Rosenstein had been supervising the Russia probe - overseeing Mueller's budget, indictments and subpoenas - since it began in May 2017 because of Sessions' recusal from all matters related to the 2016 presidential campaign.
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob
https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/acting-at ... ler-probe/

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote: I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob
Mueller had to know this was coming, and I'm sure he has made contingency plans. These could include indictments coming down as early as tomorrow or, similarly, handing lots of stuff off to other US attorneys in ready-to-go condition or both. If Trump Jr. gets indicted, even Trump Sr. would have a tough time firing Mueller or having a flunky do so on his behalf. Haldeman, Ehrlichman and the others weren't indicted until months after Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, so Trump won't have even that level of cover.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....

Apparently, those fake news reports were generated by the White House.
I guess that piece of information came from an unnamed source familiar with the situation.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob
Mueller had to know this was coming, and I'm sure he has made contingency plans. These could include indictments coming down as early as tomorrow or, similarly, handing lots of stuff off to other US attorneys in ready-to-go condition or both. If Trump Jr. gets indicted, even Trump Sr. would have a tough time firing Mueller or having a flunky do so on his behalf. Haldeman, Ehrlichman and the others weren't indicted until months after Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, so Trump won't have even that level of cover.
Can't wait.
BTW what happened to Sen. Beto? Apparently they're still looking in the dark nooks and crannies for votes for Sen. Abrams.
It's gonna be a long 2 years with people like you in charge of something. But we'll get through it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Can't wait.
BTW what happened to Sen. Beto? Apparently they're still looking in the dark nooks and crannies for votes for Sen. Abrams.
It's gonna be a long 2 years with people like you in charge of something. But we'll get through it.
She's running for Governor, not Senator. And what she's doing is reasonable. She doesn't need to catch Kemp. She just needs to bring him down below 50% to force a runoff. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#16 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי