Thank you for making me Miss Thanksgiving

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

Thank you for making me Miss Thanksgiving

#1 Post by Lizbit » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:44 pm

I am thrilled to have been elected Miss Thanksgiving with 100 percent of the votes cast (two, actually.) I will strive to conduct a fair, just, and well-behaved reign.

As it turned out, I didn't get to ride in a convertible and wave, because I don't have one, and my mom doesn't have one either. I asked her to go buy one, but she said all the car dealerships were closed because of the Thanksgiving holiday. I made the best of it. I crowded into Wiki's favorite front window and waved at all the cars that drove by and the people walking with their dogs. A big yellow dog waved his fluffy tail back at me.

I believe that my waving skills are in the "excellent" category, because I watched some you tubes of my namesake, Miss Queen Elizabeth II, waving to crowds. (Or maybe I am her namesake. I'm not quite certain of how that works.) Anyway, her waving is the gold standard of waves, because she (or so I have read) was raised by Corgi dogs. "Wave" is a lot like "Shake," which I learned at the University of PetSmart, except sideways.

Thank you for your support. Warm, wet kisses all around.

BackInTex

Re: Thank you for making me Miss Thanksgiving

#2 Post by BackInTex » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 am

You're welcome Lizbit. I'm proud of my vote.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Hey, Lizbit!

Can I vote for you retroactively?

I'm just happy to see that the "Miss" in your subject line is capitalized. I'd hate to see otherwise.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 am

A very well-deserved honor, indeed, Miss Lizbit! Congratulations. I'm confidant your wave surpassed QEII's in both style and panache.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:15 pm

I'm sorry my participation was faulty. I has da crud. I knowv your reign will be a meteor shower of glory.

At least a nose slobber of glory. Like that.
Well, then

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Lizbit, I hope you got a crown!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Miss Queen Elizabeth II was indeed raised by Pembroke Corgis. She is well known for her superb style and taste.

My wish for you is a long and successful reign, same as enjoyed by Miss QEII.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller